Posts by laowhy

@zomboided I'm not sure what I've done but it's now working as it should, and the output of the route command doesn't show the DNS entries going to wlan0. I've tried recreating the earlier condition and I can't!

If the problem returns I'll post something to an openvpn forum as it was never an issue with your app. Thanks for the great addon.

I spoke too soon, my nameservers are now as I want in resolv.conf, however, DNS requests are going through wlan0 rather than through tun0

Is there a way to route DNS requests through tun0 as would happen using /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf?

Thanks for the reply Zomboided, I've now read the GitHub wiki and seen the up script option under debug.

Using the example script in the wiki hasn't yet fixed my problem, and doesn't update my /etc/resolv.conf. I'm not a iptables expert, but need to learn. As a temporary measure I've written an up-script that overwrites my ISP's DNS entry in /etc/resolv.conf

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    tail -n 3 /etc/resolv.conf > /etc/resolv.conf
    echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf
    echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf

This works for me, but I'm sure there's a more elegant method I should be using.

I have the same problem as userj. I'm using a custom .ovpn file to connect to another machine running the openvpn server but there's a DNS leak, the contents of /etc/resolv.conf doesn't change when I connect to a VPN.

This isn't a issue with the addon (Which is great, thanks), it also happens when I call openvpn from the command line.

Under linux I would normally put

Code
    script-security 2
    up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
    down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

in the .ovpn file, this normally works perfectly, however there is no /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf, or the associated /sbin/resolvconf file in LibreELEC. I'm using Kszaq's builds, but I understand the other builds are the same in this respect.

Is there another way of routing the DNS through the VPN, should these files be added to the distribution at compile time, or am I missing something obvious?

I'm in China, so a DNS leak is a real issue, as it means requests for addresses such YouTube or Google just return nothing.

Thanks kszaq for the great work

I'm using a KM5 branded S905X box, everything works perfectly other than there is no WiFi.

The WiFi chip is SCL S9082C, does this have the same problem of no firmware support form the vendor as the S9082XS chip?

I think I already know the answer.

As a Chinese speaker, if there's any way I can help in contacting with the vendor then I'll be more than happy.

Thanks,