• Post #1 updated with the v1.8 release

v1.8 (2017-07-26)

• add support for IPTV Networks
    • fix error in muxes when 0 muxes available
    • Contains the unreleased v1.7 and v1.6 updates
      • add support for Tvh username-password
      • add backup and import of tvh userdata
      • add channel icon reset option

Thank you to those who provided feedback on the test versions!

Edit4ever,

Just found time to load your new addon and try it out. It does indeed work, however there is one or two cosmetic things I recommend you look at.

I've attached two photos under this URL: iBWB9oMn2C6SYHC32

As you can see in the settings (Second picture), there are no headers indicating where to put the username and password. Not sure if this was left on purpose or not, but it is a bit confusing. I tried putting my username and password there simply because I discovered that there were unnamed fields there, and I knew you had added the functionality.

Also, in the first picture, at the bottom, it shows Tvheadend Backend and then lists the username, password, ip address and port. Personally, I would take the password out of here. I think showing the username there is good, because it indicates which user the system is using, but I wouldn't show the password too.

I'm usually kind of hesitant to put a password out on the internet like this, bad juju and all, but its just the Tvheadend password so oh well.

Very nice work on the quick addon update, minus those two cosmetic things it works great!!

• Thank you so much for that feedback! I don't use a username/password and totally missed both of those issues.

I will correct those and release an update tomorrow.

• May I suggest adding the feature/option of automagically enabling oscam to talk to tvheadend using dvbapi like VDR does? It's all done through the kodi interface and really cuts down on knowledge needed by the user and time configuring the two to talk with each other.

Also, thanks for this great addon!

• Got a pre-release version available that conatins a picons downloader under the base configuration menu.

Currently this release has access to download a set of worldwide icon packs from CvH (with two different naming schemes) and a US icon set in color, black or white. This is mainly included to get new installations up and running with a way to add picons without having to use a separate computer to download and transfer.

This will likely be the last separate release before submitting the addon to the LE repo - so please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions.

When I prep this addon for the LE repo I will be adding in the zstd compression binary to speed up downloads/extracts.

Thanks!

Release is here: Releases · edit4ever/script.module.tvh2kodi · GitHub

• I could not test your Picon downloader because i dont know right URL.

But i tried the USERDATA-BACKUP - sadly did not work (Popup Says: Stopping Tvheadend: "error, tvheadend failed to stop", or something like this)

• You don't have to know a url for the picons - it contains options to download some prebuilt packs. :)

What system are you running? Stopping the tvheadend service is a challenge on some systems, but it would help if I had a log. Also - if you really want to back it up - you can manually stop the tvheadend service (disbale it) then run the backup - then reenable the tvh service.

• What type of fail do you get? Does it look like it is downloading and then unzipping? You can watch the .kodi/temp/folder to see if the temp tar.xz file is downloading. I don't see anything in that log that says error.

• enable/disable of tvheadend-service must be done via SSH because tvh2kodi has to connect so tvheadend at startup, right?

I will try this for LibreELEC on Odroid C2:

1. Start tvh2kodi

2. Choose Backup

Code
    systemctl stop service.tvheadend42

4. Start Backup

Code
    systemctl start service.tvheadend42

the picons did not go where i wantet them - there was no error.

I did not see anything in the log, thought you can find something - nevermind, its not important for me.