Hyperion issue: playback slowdown and halting.

• There is also another option, hyperion.ng introduced a new capture mode for the amlogic grabber. It's done directly via GE2D / amvideo and not by amvideocap anymore.

It needs additional kernel patches : Commits · Arakmar/linux-amlogic-le · GitHub

It works just fine for the hardkernel kernel. But I haven't manage to get it working on the Librelec amlogic kernel, it captures just a black screen.

I need to investigate that a bit more when I'll have time.

This is a new hope: where can i find a compiled version of hyperion.ng for wetek hub, please? (no, i'm not able to compile one)

For the new kernel, will it be distributed with next versions of LE?

• arakmar Do you know if Codesnakes patches where included into the 8.2.2.3 builds of kszaq?

The kernel was updated in offical LibreELEC master. My current build is based on that but all generic S905 Community builds are based on Kszaq's kernel. But you can build S905 from source.

• This is a new hope: where can i find a compiled version of hyperion.ng for wetek hub, please? (no, i'm not able to compile one)

For the new kernel, will it be distributed with next versions of LE?

Currently, it's not usable on LE as it captures nothing more than a black screen. I'll continue trying to make it working...

• I am at Raybuntus Leia22 on the Odroid C2 (S905) at the moment. It has 3.14 Kernel. This issue still exists.

Maybe with new mainline kernel this issue will be resolved.

Hopefully the new kernel will be released any time (soon).

• Brief update, which has less to do with amlogic boards, but with hyperion: I've bought a Rasp Pi 3 B+ (the new 1.4GHz model) and, as expected, Hyperion is working flawslessly (with framegrabber of course).

Can it read HEVC? yes, very well now :) (tried movies with and over 12Mb/s, all OK)

Can it handle 4K? no, of course (but hyperion has problems with 4K anyway)

So, if you are still struggling with hyperion and dont care about 4K, this could be a cheap solution :)

• Brief update, which has less to do with amlogic boards, but with hyperion: I've bought a Rasp Pi 3 B+ (the new 1.4GHz model) and, as expected, Hyperion is working flawslessly (with framegrabber of course).

Can it read HEVC? yes, very well now :) (tried movies with and over 12Mb/s, all OK)

Can it handle 4K? no, of course (but hyperion has problems with 4K anyway)

So, if you are still struggling with hyperion and dont care about 4K, this could be a cheap solution :)

Its still unnecessary cost :) Most of us, are owner of chosen amlogic box for some reason, buying additional box its not a solution. Cost of raspberry with additional staff you need for it (power supply, case, IR for remote etc.) is equal to external grabber on usb for 1080p content :) And you achieve not only ambilight for content played from the box, but also from other sources cause it grabs frames from hdmi signal :)

I hope the bug could be repair with proper kernel patch and im waiting for it :)

• I didn't realise this was such an issue.
    I've been trying to migrate from an x86 box to an amlogic one.
    I tried hyperion and boblight.
    I have run boblighD on the amlogic with the grabber on x86 machine. this work, but this is all know, the grabber is the problem :(

• Up.

I just put together the hyperion config with my S905X on LE 8.2.3.1 and observed instabilities after several minutes of running.

Is there any news regarding this issue? Any solution to make it working?

• Thread looks obsolete, but maybe there is any solution regarding this issue? Or should we just consider building standalone hyperion config with rpi/grabber?

• Tim_taylor, thanks for pointing out.

Just for the sake of clarity and for those who will come here from libreelec adalight + C2 thread:

I've done some research and it seems like Tim is right — CE devs and community managed to solve the issue. Fix is already included at nightly build, so you could test it. More info regarding this could be found here.