How to install packages?

• Official Post

LibreELEC is not Debian, Ubuntu or otherwise distro-based , but it uses plain vanilla Linux plus some bells and whistles to run Kodi.

The Generic build has xrandr functionality built-in.

• Official Post

Yes, I'm pretty sure.

You're asking in the General support section.

You mention xrandr.

You haven't bothered to mention yet what type of hardware you are using.

I'm assuming your are using Intel x86-64 hardware, as xrandr works fine with x86-64 hardware.

Or aren't you using intel based hardware?

• LibreELEC does not ship with an Xserver for RPi, it runs Kodi directly on the framebuffer. You can use tvservice as an alternative to xrandr for changing modes and such.

• if you can tell what script - maybe there is an alternative

The Pi2 has no hardware-power-switch. My Pi is on a "main power button" (german: stromsteckerleiste mit schalter). All devices (TV, Wii, ...) are on it.

On switch and everything goes to standby except the Pi, which boots. When we use the Wii with the TV the Pi starts, too. But know one in my family will remember to shutodown the Pi correct before switch off the power button (when finished with playing Wii). See?

The point is the Pi/LibreELEC/KODI should know if no one use it and shutdown itself. One idea was to check if there is a monitor present.

And extra power button for the Pi is a solution but not elegant.

Another idea (disclaimer: not from me): While booting a timer (e.g. 3 minutes) could start and check if an input (via remote controll over FLIRC) by the user was done or not. If not it should shotdown when the timer is finished. What do you think?