Build packages/emulation/ in current 9.0-devel

• Greetings,

I have tried looking through the scripts but cannot seem to find where the items located in packages/emulation/ should be placed in order to be built during the make image request.

Can anyone point out what I am missing?

• Thank you for the response!

I find it confusing that there are .mk files for the libretro packages in packages/mediacenter/kodi-binary-addons/ and in packages/emulation/

Howerver, with your input, I found that I could build specific items in packages/mediacenter/kodi-binary-addons/ using the command 'PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/create_addon game.libretro.*'

I can then install the individual addons without issue.

Does anyone know what the next step is? How does one actually use one of the emulators?

• Thank you for providing a reference link. It looks like I have a lot of homework ahead of me... I think this may be too bleeding edge at the moment and may wait until the rest of the components make it into LibreELEC master.

• Official Post

Thank you for providing a reference link. It looks like I have a lot of homework ahead of me... I think this may be too bleeding edge at the moment and may wait until the rest of the components make it into LibreELEC master.

Everything that is needed is already in master.

If you use a recent milhouse build you can play games right now. You have to enter the konami code to enable the game menu.

• If you use a recent milhouse build you can play games right now.

From what I read, it seemed that the milhouse builds were including extra patches and sources from other repos. I was hoping to build the system myself (in order to add the required drivers for my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) rather than rely on premade builds.

I will do my homework and learn more about how milhouse is creating the custom builds.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me!

• Official Post

From what I read, it seemed that the milhouse builds were including extra patches and sources from other repos. I was hoping to build the system myself (in order to add the required drivers for my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) rather than rely on premade builds.

I will do my homework and learn more about how milhouse is creating the custom builds.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me!

Like I said, everything is in master, so if you want to do your own builds that's fine.

The only reason I said to use the milhouse builds is because those are the only nightly builds that are available for testing.

You do not have to use milhouses custom build scripts.