Posts by MoonKid

I am using LibreELEC 9.2.8 with Linux Kernel 4.19.127 on an Raspberry Pi 2B

I configured an NFS share via the Kodi front end. Works well.

But when I looged in (as root) via SSH shell to the RaspberryPi I am unable to find the mount point for that share. Where is it?

Code
    # uname -a
    Linux KodiPi 4.19.127 #1 SMP Tue Jul 6 19:08:28 CEST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

I need to know the mount point because I want to see how the NFS server presents the files/folder to the LibreELEC instance as an NFS client. Especially I want to see which file/folder rights there are.

Because I have the problem with the OpenSubtitles AddOn that it is not able to store the subtitles on that NFS share. But before opening a thread for that I would like to collect some more detailes about that. On the server the NFS share is configured with "rw" option to that client of course.

I have 5 NES eumlators installed on my Kodi 18.1 (runing via LibreELEC on a Pi 2).

Only "Quick NES" works.

The others (e.g. "bnes") are offering a black screen when I start a game. When I press Pause (Kodi not NES) the Kodi-Pause-Menu pops up and behind it I can see the game screen. When "resume" the screen is still black.

Can not find something about this on the internet - maybe because there are a lot of other black-screen-problems.

I would like to run all emulators to test another problem with the controller delay.

X-Post

I tried some NES games with QuickNES emulator on Kodi 18.1 (via LibreELEC) on a Raspberry Pi 2.

I am using a original PS3 controller connected via USB cabel (because I have no Bluetooth dongle).

The delay between pressing a button and action (of Mario or Link) on the screen is quite big.

1. Could this depend on the Pi 2? Is it to slow?
    2. Or is it the controller? But USB cable should be faster then bluetooth, or not?
    3. Does it depend on the emulator? Currently I can not test the others because of another problem.

X-Post

I am running the current LibreELEC and installed an NES emulator via its menu.

But the emulator is not accessible - I think because there are no roms on the Pi.

But I don't know where I should copy my rom-files into. I still have rom files (and sav-files) and just need to know where I should copy them on the LibreELEC installation on my Pi.

Searching the internet for answers only shows me a lot of Kodi AddOns which are able to download roms. I am not interested in things like that. I want to use my own files.

I don't see an advantage of coding such a lot for such a simple problem.

Kodi runs on nearly any OS. Any OS offers services for this. E.g. on Linux you can use IBUS with Anthy to type Japanese or other "exotic" things.

The question is: Can't Kodi be modified that way that it is able to use extern services a generic way?

I think we still missunderstood.

My Kodi still display japanese and other non-roman characters without problems. This is not about display.

It is about input for the on-board-keyboard. And the "Console" doesn't matter here. I don't use the console - only sometimes via SSH.

General question: Does Kodi differentiate between "input methode" and "Keyboard layout"? Or is this the same in "Kodi language"? In other "modern" operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac) this are different things.

As I described in my starting post: The Kodi settings about keyboard layout doesn't offer japanese. So how can I modify Kodi to offer me japanese here. There is also no "input methode" setting anywhere - because of that I assume that "input methode" and "keyboard layout" is the same in Kodi and not differentated by it.

I want to change the input-method of the on-screen-keyboard to Japanese. In practice this means I want to write Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji.

I don't want to change only the layout (but maybe Kodi means the same at this point?) and not the display language.

The LibreElec settings offere jp106 as keyboard layout. But this has no effect on the system. I assume this affects only a real (via usb) connected keyboard.

Kodi itself offers also a keyboard layout setting - but nothing about input method. In this layout settings are e.g. Korean and Russian offered. So Japanese shouldn't be a problem also. But Japanese is not offered. I can I bring Japanese into the system here?

Or do I have to use a different way?

Kodi 18 is not stable. I think this all is not a good idea, only for one not working addon.

Can LE do the update for me with the auto-update functionality. Is there a "channel" for it (the LE settings ask me for a "chanel" url)?

btw: It is "Zattoo PVR Client 0.1.13.1"

I use LibreElec 8.2.3 with Kodi 17.6 on a Pi2. The "Zattoo PVR Client 0.1.13.1" doesn't work anymore and it looks like that it only works with Kodi 18. I am not absolute sure about that because there is no official statement about that case.

I heard about LibreELEC 9 is using Kodi 18. But I can not find a version 9 on the pre-release section on your website. What is about it?

Or do I have the possibility to use Kodi 18 with LibreELEC 8.2.3?

I am using LibreELEC with a Pi and a LIRCv2 USB-Dongle. In my understanding for LibreELEC/Kodi is LIRC just a keyboard - not more.

But in the current release notes of the new LibreELEC release I read the notes about a "Lirc service". What is it and why do I need a special software/service for Lirc now? IMO it is one of the advantages of Lirc that I don't need special software - just a generic keyboard driver.

How do I switch the input methode to Japanese?

In the settings there is a way to modify the keyboard layouts (e.g. QWERTZ for German). And Korean and Chinese is there available, too. But I don't look for another (onscreen) keyboard layout. I am looking for an input methode where I can produce Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. In Windows it is called IME and in Linux Anthy.