Movie scraper not scraper

• Preamble:

I have used Kodi oriented Linux spins on various ARM devices.

I have thousands of movies on a Synology NAS.

Accessible by both NFS & SMB shares. The shares have no security.

Movie scraping worked.

File naming convention used : Moviename (MovieYear).mkv

Movie names & Year derived from manual check of TMDB.

Findings:

I Installed LE 8.02 on an intel NUC6CAYH & observed that TMDB & Universal Movie Scraper both stop within a few seconds, No Movie info..

Actions:

Checked plugins are at their newest version.

Tried Kodi on Xubuntu : Scrapers stop after a few seconds. No Movie info.

Tried Kodi 17.3 on Windows 10 : Scrapers stop after a few seconds. No Movie info.

Tried Kodi 16.1 on Windows 10 : Scrapers stop after a few seconds. No Movie info.

I'm at a loss.....

• Ok no quick solution. Tech support slog it is then. I have bigger fish to fry (no HDMI sound output) so I may be a while getting the logs for this posted.

Thanks anyway

T

• I use MediaCenterMaster to pre-load my metadata for my massive NAS library. It works really well - give it a try. No need to scrape in Kodi, but you can do so manually if you want. You can set it to put every movie in its own folder as well as rename the ovice and directories with info it scrapes from the video, etc.

Media Center Master

• Official Post

17:10:25.313 T:139676175261888 NOTICE: Kodi from Debian compiled from 2:17.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu0.1 by GCC 6.3.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.10.11 (264715)

17:10:25.313 T:139676175261888 NOTICE: Running on Ubuntu 17.04, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.10.0-24-generic

Kodi scraping works fine, provided you have the latest updates of those scraper add-ons.

We prefer to have kodi.log files from your LibreELEC attempts, though. Otherwise, the Kodi forum is a better place to start.

• I use MediaCenterMaster to pre-load my metadata for my massive NAS library. It works really well - give it a try. No need to scrape in Kodi, but you can do so manually if you want. You can set it to put every movie in its own folder as well as rename the ovice and directories with info it scrapes from the video, etc.

Media Center Master

Thx for the suggestion! Years ago I used a java app called Hubflow to pre load metadata. Sadly its no longer maintained & was closed source AFAIK. MCM seems nice. We dont do Windows but I see they have a Python script. I may be able to knock together soemthing..

• Kodi scraping works fine, provided you have the latest updates of those scraper add-ons.

We prefer to have kodi.log files from your LibreELEC attempts, though. Otherwise, the Kodi forum is a better place to start.

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.10 & Kodi 16.1 from the repo's. The add-ons up dated to latest versions aaaannnnddd the TMDB scraper fails. Yes I am pursuing it over at the Kodi forums. Thx anyway!