[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

• Quote from Hans Gruber

I've just tried Amazon Instant Video on your LE9 build and video playback seems to be using 100% CPU and very stuttery, but it's great to see it working at all. I've tried both 720p and 1080p. edit: oh and also TVHeadend won't load.

Sorry, when I tested amazon it was sd, but I was surprised about netflix (set 720 limit). I also missed some commits for fresh installs. I'll build some addons for it, but I can't test TVHeadend functionality.

A new le9 build will come shortly with some of these fixes, and le8 and le9 builds will be out within the next few days with the nougat-exp kernel (made progress on the h264 playback issue) :)

For install this build do a need to do a fresh install?

For a fresh install you'll need to wait for the next build.

Edited once, last by johngalt (July 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM).

• johngalt

I'm interested in testing your le9 build but was wondering.. is it trivial to downgrade to le8 or should I use a separate SD/USB drive?

Downgrades are not supported.

A le9-testing2 build has been uploaded. This fixes fresh installs, fixes fractional frame rates, and includes two VideoPlayer patches by afl1 (lateframes and channel/chapter skip fix). Thank you kszaq for the help and wrxtasy for the branch.

An addon repo will be setup soon, but TvHeadend does not build on current LE master.

• is there a custom update channel with which we can update your build directly within the Libreelec setup?

It's not showing up your testing builds or are we missing something that should be added in update channel so that we can see your test builds and install it?

• Downgrades are not supported.

A le9-testing2 build has been uploaded. This fixes fresh installs, fixes fractional frame rates, and includes two VideoPlayer patches by afl1 (lateframes and channel/chapter skip fix). Thank you kszaq for the help and wrxtasy for the branch.

An addon repo will be setup soon, but TvHeadend does not build on current LE master.

Pls, fix my lateframes patch, current version can cause AV sync issue.

• is there a custom update channel with which we can update your build directly within the Libreelec setup?

It's not showing up your testing builds or are we missing something that should be added in update channel so that we can see your test builds and install it?

Not yet.

johngalt I rebased my fork on top of LibreELEC 8.2 branch to make it easier to rebase on master later. Feel free to cherry-pick anything you need: Commits · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thank you kszaq! On a side note, I still believe the older linux PR I submitted for nougat-wip is in a good state, and brings it up to the same level of functionality as the MM kernel. Everything else I've been working on with kernel can be merged in later.

Pls, fix my lateframes patch, current version can cause AV sync issue.

Done, thank you :) projects/S9*: update @afl1 lateframes patch · amillogical/LibreELEC.tv@1da87d3 · GitHub

• Thank you kszaq! On a side note, I still believe the older linux PR I submitted for nougat-wip is in a good state, and brings it up to the same level of functionality as the MM kernel. Everything else I've been working on with kernel can be merged in later.

Thank you. I will try to test it soon. I have some spare time to play with code but no time for testing. :(

• le9-testing3 uploaded. Big thanks as usual to kszaq, afl1, and wrxtasy.

Somewhat funny: I'm unable to edit or even repost the current topic of this thread because the forum thinks it contains "se-(third letter to last in the alphabet)"

Edit: accidentally found a bug (or code accidentally merged early?) in the settings for amlogic's chroma scaler...working on a fix.

• hi john, can I update to your build directly from kszaq latest build without updating device tree? I have Kii Pro

Edit: there is no tar file. My bad... I got it

• For a fresh install you'll need to wait for the next build.

Sorry, maybe i did int explain correctly what i want.

I'm using 8.0.1l Nougat Kernel.

Can i update directly 8.01l to 8.0.2-testing8 or i need to do a fresh install to use your testing builds?

• A le9-testing2 build has been uploaded. This fixes fresh installs, fixes fractional frame rates, and includes two VideoPlayer patches by afl1 (lateframes and channel/chapter skip fix).

For LE9.x - Kodi Leia - I would advise to start from a pretty clean slate.

So Nuke lateframes, channel skip, fractional frame rates - all of them. I have found they are not needed at all for smooth video playback.

TvHeadend TV channel switching is now the best I've ever seen it with the very latest pvr.hts & Leia master with the above patches removed:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-9.0.0.Nougat-3.14.v8.tar

pvr.hts-999.4.0.17.2.zip

• For LE9.x - Kodi Leia - I would advise to start from a pretty clean slate.

So Nuke lateframes, channel skip, fractional frame rates - all of them. I have found they are not needed at all for smooth video playback.

TvHeadend TV channel switching is now the best I've ever seen it with the very latest pvr.hts & Leia master with the above patches removed:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-9.0.0.Nougat-3.14.v8.tar

pvr.hts-999.4.0.17.2.zip

I'm noticing frame skips on 23.976p content when played back at 24hz - using testing3. Thanks so much for your efforts on this.

• Hi,

I love running on test-builds, but I'm addicted to my News Channel. So is there any way to get the IPTV Simple Client running in ver 9.0? :angel: