TV Show Library

• Good evening, I have a couple problems i have ran into because ive never put tv shows on Libreelec. I have A tv show with 2 seasons in the folder structure below:

TV show >> Season 1 >> TV show_s01e01.avi
    Season 2 >> TV show_s02e01.avi

These are located on a public share on my NAS so permissions i dont think are an issue as i can see the folder structure inside of the source when browsing.

When i add the folder "Shared TV" to the library it adds everything successfully then asks me if i want to refresh the information. I click ok. It cleans the database then looks like its going to scrap the information from the TVMBD i think. Then stops. It doesnt add anything. Basically did the same setup that i have for movies except the movies scrap fine. But like i said i have no experience with tv shows. I have set up the file structure as TV show s01ep01.avi as well and that didnt change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You need to create different sources for Movies and TVShows. If you add tvshow content to a shared folder that had "content type" movies set, they will not scrape; or to be correct, they will scrape but the scraper won't find movies matches for them.

\\SERVER\MEDIA\MOVIES
    \\SERVER\MEDIA\TVSHOWS

or

\\SERVER\MOVIES
    \\SERVER\TVSHOWS

not

\\SERVER\MEDIA <= with both types in the same location

• Yes that is what i did. Sorry. Basically its \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared Movies and \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV Shows.

• The most obvious difference in scanning tv shows vs movies is that the scan isn't recursive.
    So if you've set content on 'Shared TV Shows' you need to have a folder for each show in the root of 'Shared tv shows', named the same as the show. Episodes can go straight into the show folder or into season folders, doesn't matter which.
    If that's your structure already then I'd suggest:
    -enable debug logging
    -restart kodi
    -run a scan
    -upload the log and paste a link.

• I believe its correct. I have the setup as follows:
    \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV shows\Tv Show Name\Season 1\Tv show_s01e01.avi
    \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV shows\Tv Show Name\Season 2\Tv show_s02e01.avi

So as you can see both seasons of my TV show are in separate folders containing the season but in one TV show folder. When i go to refresh the folder options, i can see the name of the TV show popping up, like how it would start when your scanning (shows tv show name in top right screen) Flashes away after maybe 10 seconds of scanning. Then nothing. I did try it with selecting the option "Each folder contains a single TV show" and without that option checked. None of them worked. But i might add it is successfully adding the location. So its seeing everything correctly, just not scraping them correctly. I will try the above and see what happens.