Posts by nhenry1541

I believe its correct. I have the setup as follows:
    \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV shows\Tv Show Name\Season 1\Tv show_s01e01.avi
    \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV shows\Tv Show Name\Season 2\Tv show_s02e01.avi

So as you can see both seasons of my TV show are in separate folders containing the season but in one TV show folder. When i go to refresh the folder options, i can see the name of the TV show popping up, like how it would start when your scanning (shows tv show name in top right screen) Flashes away after maybe 10 seconds of scanning. Then nothing. I did try it with selecting the option "Each folder contains a single TV show" and without that option checked. None of them worked. But i might add it is successfully adding the location. So its seeing everything correctly, just not scraping them correctly. I will try the above and see what happens.

Yes that is what i did. Sorry. Basically its \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared Movies and \\192.168.1.251\Public\Shared TV Shows.

Good evening, I have a couple problems i have ran into because ive never put tv shows on Libreelec. I have A tv show with 2 seasons in the folder structure below:

TV show >> Season 1 >> TV show_s01e01.avi
    Season 2 >> TV show_s02e01.avi

These are located on a public share on my NAS so permissions i dont think are an issue as i can see the folder structure inside of the source when browsing.

When i add the folder "Shared TV" to the library it adds everything successfully then asks me if i want to refresh the information. I click ok. It cleans the database then looks like its going to scrap the information from the TVMBD i think. Then stops. It doesnt add anything. Basically did the same setup that i have for movies except the movies scrap fine. But like i said i have no experience with tv shows. I have set up the file structure as TV show s01ep01.avi as well and that didnt change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go back to basics. The RPi1 doesn't really have the horsepower to show 1080p movies reliably especially over the network..
    You need to find where the bottleneck is.
    Use a fresh install of LE with no other addons or other detritus.
    Use the same movie on NAS/USB/SD and see if there is any difference.
    Use LE addons System-tools and NMON to monitor where the issue is, CPU, I/O, N/W.

You can't say (as much as i hate to say this, this didnt happen on openelec) as you probably aren't using the same parameters i.e same setup, nor same movie.

Alot of things changed when the openelec to libreelec changes happened. I never noticed it when i play 800mb 1080p movies (torrented). But now im ripping ~2gig 1080p. I have started with a fresh install of Libreelec (previously it was a NOOBS install, now its a full on Libreelec install (not via NOOBS, using the libreelec easy installer.) But if the rpi1b doenst have the power well then im SOL :) but im going to order a rpi3 now and try then with that. But the NAS is the same, cables same, New SD card (high performance since i thought it was a corrupt card, it was me just using the wrong image) But ill start with the pi3 and see how it goes from there.

**Edit. I have a raspberry pi 1b not 2. But will be getting a rpi3 very soon as i must have the latest tech and i just recently realized i am a few versions behind.**

Giving some more information on this to hopefully get some more help. I wanted to inform everyone that i use a single drive 4tb Western digital MyCloud Nas (newest firmware.) Its hooked up to a gig unmanaged 16 port switch with cat 6a. I am still having this stuttering problem but its not as severe as other people might have. I dont have a "buffering" pop up on my screen. Basically when i click on a video it starts to play then audio/video stops for a few seconds then plays again, then a couple minutes then audio/video stop then plays. But this happens more often than not when playing videos. I have my libreelec setup to use NFS on the NAS, should i be using anything else? Such as SMB or whatever else is an option on there (not looking at the list so i cant remember all of the options)

Info on my 4tb MyCloud NAS:
    I have DLNA Media Streaming turned on, Quick test under system Diagnostics Shows "passed", sleep HDD is turned on (maybe this is the problem? But as soon as i hit it with my PI shouldnt the drive wake up?), I dont know if the drive inside is a 7400 or a 5400 (could be 5400 would that matter tho?), Static IP address, I have safepoints turned on only to backup Sunday nights at 1am to another NAS setup in Raid 0 on the same switch. Backups done before monday Morning.

Any and all help is appreciated. If my device is too old and slow to process full 1080p movies i would understand this, but it has happened more and more with the change over to Libreelec, (as much as i hate to say this, this didnt happen on openelec.) Nonetheless i love Libreelec and glad its working out so far. Once i can fix this issue then ill be the happiest camper ever!

See Config.txt - LibreELEC for how to.
    RPiconfig - eLinux.org

I would seriously reconsider jumping to 1Ghz but work you way up and see how reliable it is over time.

The correct values for 1Ghz are:
    arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=6 <<<<<< Not 2 >>>>>>

Just cut and paste the values into config.txt via ssh.

However, I do agree it would be nice if the default config.txt had most of the usual parameters commented out as default.

Reason why i posted on this is because my previous installation of Libreelec came from a NOOBS installer. So i wiped that and started with a Libreelec install (didnt know if that would free up any resources not having those other flavours available.) But my previous installation of NOOBS was running at 1ghz already which everything was running just the same as it is now (except running at 700mhz ive noticed its a little slower than when running at 1ghz with GUI as well as Library updates.) Still having a problem with stuttering which i have posted on another post. Im getting ready to purchase a couple raspberry pi 3 with an enclosure that has a fan built into it so im hoping that once i get the more powerful pi3 i wont need to overclock and hopefully will have enough horsepower to run 1080p with no stuttering.

I can ssh into the Pi and would like to overclock the 700 mhz to 1ghz cpu. But normally i see a ton of options in the config.txt but there isnt any option to remove the "#" line under the Overclock section.

Looks normally something similar to this:arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=2

But in previous Openelec versions all the options were pre-typed into the config where i dont have to type anything just remove the comment on whatever line i wanted to use. I dont want to mess up anything by having to handtype anything. I also put the SD card into the computer and it was still missing. Any and All help is appreciated!

Lol. Don't worry, as you're not the first to have made this mistake (hence the question, are you sure it was a Pi2). As you were so certain I think we took you at face value but maybe we should be less trusting in future - I'm starting to think we'll need to get users to post a photograph of their board next time!

Thats why I had to google raspberry pi 2. FYI the PI 2 has 2 sets of USB ports which can distinguish the pi 1b vs the 2. I didn't realize that there were 0, 1, 1b, 2, 3, and now 0. Jesus I'm far behind. Going to be placing an order for a 0 and x2 PI3s. So ill be back to get the actual 3 image :D Thanks again!

I tried using the NOOBS installer too and came up with the same thing. On both pi2's. With every combination of tv, cables, power supplies. Ive seen this before where with openelec i skipped a step in the NOOBS installer where i forgot to paste a file onto the SD card. As soon as i did that it booted up. Except with this there is no "side" work you have to do. Just follow the buttons. But i have even tried on a pi2 that i have only used once or twice (purchased at the same time) and i get the same thing. All i get is a power light, sometimes one or two flashes from the (ACT) light and get the colored screen above. Which seems to me everything is working fine on the board side. Has anyone else tried to install using the latest img or even the 7.0.3 img? The img doesnt need to be extracted or anyhting like that before selecting it does it? But then if it does whats the sense of the "Easy" installation if thats not in the directions? <<Just Spitballing on that last statement.

See this is why you cant trust users. Apparently I do NOT have a raspberry pi 2. I have a raspberry 1 b+? I assumed this was the second raspberry pi considering i owned the first one then ordered the second one. Well i only have 1 set of USB ports. So i must be an idiot, i mean User. Im second guessing my career in IT now. Im going to cry myself to sleep. But first Ill setup my Libreelec. Thanks for all the help.

Are you able to boot any other distro on your RPi?

I tried using the NOOBS installer too and came up with the same thing. On both pi2's. With every combination of tv, cables, power supplies. Ive seen this before where with openelec i skipped a step in the NOOBS installer where i forgot to paste a file onto the SD card. As soon as i did that it booted up. Except with this there is no "side" work you have to do. Just follow the buttons. But i have even tried on a pi2 that i have only used once or twice (purchased at the same time) and i get the same thing. All i get is a power light, sometimes one or two flashes from the (ACT) light and get the colored screen above. Which seems to me everything is working fine on the board side. Has anyone else tried to install using the latest img or even the 7.0.3 img? The img doesnt need to be extracted or anyhting like that before selecting it does it? But then if it does whats the sense of the "Easy" installation if thats not in the directions? <<Just Spitballing on that last statement.

Ok, yep, that looks like the RPi2 image. Now, assuming the SD card is fine and not corrupt, then that only leaves the other two options...bad PSU, or device (RPi2) failure.

Which is why i tried two different power supplies, two different TVs, two different PI2, two different outlets. Two different switches and Two different HDMI cables. Hard to believe that everything in my house is dead. considering my other two tvs work, two other power supplies charge devices, other hdmi cables all work fine.
    [hr]

Which is why i tried two different power supplies, two different TVs, two different PI2, two different outlets. Two different switches and Two different HDMI cables. Hard to believe that everything in my house is dead. considering my other two tvs work, two other power supplies charge devices, other hdmi cables all work fine.

Oh and a different SD card including one BRAND New PNY high performance SD card.

Are you using the right image? Are you sure you have an RPi2 and not an RPi B+???

Also, can you post a file list of the contents on the first partition of the SD card?

Yes i absolutely am sure i have a rpi2 since i currently own two of them, been using them for a few years and have an original one as a shelf trophy thing haha so Yes im using raspberry pi 2. Image is the one selected from 1. Select Version, Raspberry pi 2 and 3. LibreELEC-rpi2.arm-7.0.3.img.tar, 116 (ive tried all four underneath this nothing has worked.) 2. Clicked Download. 3. Select the only SD card i have in my computer (no usbs drives are plugged in so i know im not accidentally writing to a different USB). 4. Click Write. 5. Write DONE! 6. Click Close. Folder structure looks like this: 9

(Debug-screen.jpg)
    No usually it has to do with no bootable image/files on the SD card. ITs like a multicolored square image. Ive seen this plenty before. Usually I realize I didn't follow the directions of the boot image correctly. Buts its kinda hard to not follow the 3 buttons to click for an "easy" setup. I tried multiple SD cards and multiple raspberry pi2 and they all did the same thing. Made sure the SD card was inserted correctly as well. Is there a step missing in the directions to install the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.3.img.gz image? I mean 1. Select raspberry pi 2 and 3, 2. auto selected 7.0.3 image. 3. Click download. 4. select SD card, 5 click write 6 click close? Unless I'm missing something there? I guess 7 insert sd card into pi and turn pi on? Which I did :(

No one else have any problems with this? I have tried multiple SD cards (including a brand new one), completely never used Pi 2. 4 different power supplys. I think something is missing from the boot image that actually allows the pi2 to boot. I have even tried the "Easy" installer on 3 different computers. Windows 10, windows 7, and Mac OS. None of them are booting on the pi2. (either one of them.) Every time i get a multi-colored screen. Which i have experienced before normally it has to do with the SD card missing something file wise.

Isn't this indication of bad power supply? Nothing related to problems here.

(Debug-screen.jpg)
    No usually it has to do with no bootable image/files on the SD card. ITs like a multicolored square image. Ive seen this plenty before. Usually I realize I didn't follow the directions of the boot image correctly. Buts its kinda hard to not follow the 3 buttons to click for an "easy" setup. I tried multiple SD cards and multiple raspberry pi2 and they all did the same thing. Made sure the SD card was inserted correctly as well. Is there a step missing in the directions to install the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.3.img.gz image? I mean 1. Select raspberry pi 2 and 3, 2. auto selected 7.0.3 image. 3. Click download. 4. select SD card, 5 click write 6 click close? Unless I'm missing something there? I guess 7 insert sd card into pi and turn pi on? Which I did :(

The disk image for Generic (PC) builds works just fine. Just because it does not work for you, doesn't mean it does not work for other users as well.

Possibly the boot sector on your USB stick has a problem.
    Try cleaning and fully reformatting it using this windows tool from HP.
    After that, rewrite the disk image onto your USB stick.
    Alternatively, try a different USB stick.

Doesn't work for me either. Have tried it on multiple windows and Mac computers. Downloads the image fine. Writes to the SD card fine. Click close. Put the stick in the pi 2 (I made sure it was rasp pi 2 and 3, stock 7.0.3 image auto selected) and all I get is a colored screen on my pi.

If you still have stutter problems and not seeing the buffering popup, can it be that you are watching 10bit color videos? Which the RPi is not really fond of?

Not sure even about this but ill error on the side of since I have no clue what that means that no I'm not playing them. The test videos I have are blu-ray rips straight from the disk using Makemkv. then Handbrake the mkv file to mp4 using the default settings on Fast 1080p except I change the subtitles from forced only to not forced.
    [hr]

This actually made it worse. used exact numbers and confirmed all tags were closed. Here is what I used:
    <cache><buffermode>0</buffermode><cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize><readfactor>3.0</readfactor></cache>
    [hr]

Not sure even about this but ill error on the side of since I have no clue what that means that no I'm not playing them. The test videos I have are blu-ray rips straight from the disk using Makemkv. then Handbrake the mkv file to mp4 using the default settings on Fast 1080p except I change the subtitles from forced only to not forced.
    [hr]

This actually made it worse. used exact numbers and confirmed all tags were closed. Here is what I used:
    <cache><buffermode>0</buffermode><cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize><readfactor>3.0</readfactor></cache>

[hr]
    Okay not sure how I screwed that last reply up. But creating and editing the advancedsettings.xml didn't change much. still stuttering every few minutes.

If you still have stutter problems and not seeing the buffering popup, can it be that you are watching 10bit color videos? Which the RPi is not really fond of?

Not exactly sure how i would find these out. I have to say that a majority of blu-rays i download were torrents. i Have started ripping my own blu-rays as a test and