How to Overclock Rpi via config.txt

• I can ssh into the Pi and would like to overclock the 700 mhz to 1ghz cpu. But normally i see a ton of options in the config.txt but there isnt any option to remove the "#" line under the Overclock section.

Looks normally something similar to this:arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=2

But in previous Openelec versions all the options were pre-typed into the config where i dont have to type anything just remove the comment on whatever line i wanted to use. I dont want to mess up anything by having to handtype anything. I also put the SD card into the computer and it was still missing. Any and All help is appreciated!

• I can ssh into the Pi and would like to overclock the 700 mhz to 1ghz cpu. But normally i see a ton of options in the config.txt but there isnt any option to remove the "#" line under the Overclock section.

Looks normally something similar to this:
    arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=2

But in previous Openelec versions all the options were pre-typed into the config where i dont have to type anything just remove the comment on whatever line i wanted to use. I dont want to mess up anything by having to handtype anything. I also put the SD card into the computer and it was still missing. Any and All help is appreciated!

See Config.txt - LibreELEC for how to.
    RPiconfig - eLinux.org

I would seriously reconsider jumping to 1Ghz but work you way up and see how reliable it is over time.

The correct values for 1Ghz are:
    arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=6 <<<<<< Not 2 >>>>>>

Just cut and paste the values into config.txt via ssh.

However, I do agree it would be nice if the default config.txt had most of the usual parameters commented out as default.

Edited once, last by Iridium (February 21, 2017 at 6:56 PM).

• See Config.txt - LibreELEC for how to.
    RPiconfig - eLinux.org

I would seriously reconsider jumping to 1Ghz but work you way up and see how reliable it is over time.

The correct values for 1Ghz are:
    arm_freq=1000
    sdram_freq=500
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=6 <<<<<< Not 2 >>>>>>

Just cut and paste the values into config.txt via ssh.

However, I do agree it would be nice if the default config.txt had most of the usual parameters commented out as default.

Reason why i posted on this is because my previous installation of Libreelec came from a NOOBS installer. So i wiped that and started with a Libreelec install (didnt know if that would free up any resources not having those other flavours available.) But my previous installation of NOOBS was running at 1ghz already which everything was running just the same as it is now (except running at 700mhz ive noticed its a little slower than when running at 1ghz with GUI as well as Library updates.) Still having a problem with stuttering which i have posted on another post. Im getting ready to purchase a couple raspberry pi 3 with an enclosure that has a fan built into it so im hoping that once i get the more powerful pi3 i wont need to overclock and hopefully will have enough horsepower to run 1080p with no stuttering.