Amlogic(MX2/G18) 8726MX-Krypton-LE-8.0.1-Images

• The files don't seem to exist in on the link provided, are you able to repost? Thanks for your hard work Dementris.

• I will repost with bootloader fix solution asap.
    Edit:New Images are up!

Sent from the Island of Venus

Thanks but how do I bring the box back to life? Will the gz file fix it? Obviously I can't use the .tar update one. Thanks in advance.

• Do you have an idea when you will upload this please? Need to bring my box back to life.

I managed to bring my unit back to life by loading the revert to android fix from the lads at ember. Load this on an SD card and do the toothpick method (although my screen stayed black after flashing grey for a second). I left running for 5 minutes, then loaded the 7.0.2 LE release using the same toothpick method and it came back to life.

Dementis - I'm really looking forward to the boot loader fix

• I managed to bring my unit back to life by loading the revert to android fix from the lads at ember. Load this on an SD card and do the toothpick method (although my screen stayed black after flashing grey for a second). I left running for 5 minutes, then loaded the 7.0.2 LE release using the same toothpick method and it came back to life.

Dementis - I'm really looking forward to the boot loader fix

I'm trying this now. I never get to see the recovery screen though. Black scree - no signal. Was this the same for you? I'll keep you updated on whether this works for me.
    [hr]
    No, mine's still stuck on a black screen

Edited once, last by stuartj9 (April 19, 2017 at 11:07 AM).

• I'm trying this now. I never get to see the recovery screen though. Black scree - no signal. Was this the same for you? I'll keep you updated on whether this works for me.
    [hr]
    No, mine's still stuck on a black screen

Yep it was a completely black screen until I loaded the older version of libreelec afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The good news is that it is actually possible to recover from the bootloader brick. However all provided solutions seems to be incomplete.

1. The MX2.img.zip solution:
    - the extracted .img file is not actually a RAW disk image file but rather a compressed image file format from HDD Raw Copy Tool
    - it can be burned to SD card ONLY by HDD Raw Copy Tool (using any other software will result in a corrupted SD card)
    - you have to rename the MX2.img to MX2.imgc before opening it in HDD Raw Copy Tool
    - however even then I was not able to use the SD card to recover my device

2. The mx2-boot-recovery.zip solution:
    - this solution is essentially the good one but it is very brief

The essential part is that we need to write the bootloader to MBR of the SD card. More complex and working guide can be found at [HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX (the second solution).

• The good news is that it is actually possible to recover from the bootloader brick. However all provided solutions seems to be incomplete.

1. The MX2.img.zip solution:
    - the extracted .img file is not actually a RAW disk image file but rather a compressed image file format from HDD Raw Copy Tool
    - it can be burned to SD card ONLY by HDD Raw Copy Tool (using any other software will result in a corrupted SD card)
    - you have to rename the MX2.img to MX2.imgc before opening it in HDD Raw Copy Tool
    - however even then I was not able to use the SD card to recover my device

2. The mx2-boot-recovery.zip solution:
    - this solution is essentially the good one but it is very brief

The essential part is that we need to write the bootloader to MBR of the SD card. More complex and working guide can be found at [HOW-TO] Unbrick DroidTV MX (the second solution).

Thank you so much guys i finaly fixed it. Here is how I did it:
    - I downloaded the mx2-boot-recovery.zip and extracted it.
    - Then I used the sd card maker and selected the uboot from the mx2-boot-recovery
    - Then after making the sd card I copied all the files from mx2-boot-recovery to the sd card
    - I used the toothpick method to boot my box into recovery, once in recovery you can flash anything you like :)