Wake from suspend (CEC)

• Allright.. Let us know, if that helped. I cant test it myself, as I am using 7.0.3 version.. But basically, if that commit really solve the issue, it should help.

Only limited amount of testing so far, but so far so good. Coming back from sleep or tv off, CEC has worked.

Previously, kodi/libreelec was coming back from sleep but CEC just wasnt kicking in sometime. It took input change or switch CEC on/off via tv.

One thing that is still a bit different, looking at tv UI for simplink aka CEC it still comes back from sleep and is indentified as 'unknown device' then comes back to 'KODI'. Back on 7.0.1 it was always 'KODI' on tv UI, didnt go through 'unknown device' > 'kodi'. No fuss, if it works, it works but it just must operate in different ways now.

Edited once, last by wanderlei (April 13, 2017 at 4:46 AM).

• Only limited amount of testing so far, but so far so good. Coming back from sleep or tv off, CEC has worked.

Previously, kodi/libreelec was coming back from sleep but CEC just wasnt kicking in sometime. It took input change or switch CEC on/off via tv.

One thing that is still a bit different, looking at tv UI for simplink aka CEC it still comes back from sleep and is indentified as 'unknown device' then comes back to 'KODI'. Back on 7.0.1 it was always 'KODI' on tv UI, didnt go through 'unknown device' > 'kodi'. No fuss, if it works, it works but it just must operate in different ways now.

Hi Wonderlei...might be a good move to report issues on the fix thread hopefully next version would be better but already good news...try to enable debug logging for cec adaptor and save a log before you post..here is the thread on github Kodi Wake up from tv doesn't work #309

• I post in github and report fix working for me, unfortunately I not have the cec logging enabled previously so I not have that.

I think they put in next version so fixed for all.

• I post in github and report fix working for me, unfortunately I not have the cec logging enabled previously so I not have that.

I think they put in next version so fixed for all.

I mean log of fixed version about issue "unknown device" hopefully they fix also that

• Glad to help. I assume this will be fixed on next release, but ETA is unknown, so it should do some good for you guys.

Is there a way to install the fixed CEC without reinstalling LibreELEC?
    I would like to avoid reinstalling e configuring all of my addons :angel:

• You have the tar to download on here jimmysmith compiled...put that in update folder on storage and restart libreelec

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

• You have the tar to download on here jimmysmith compiled...put that in update folder on storage and restart libreelec

I have put the .tar in the /storage/.update directory.
    The update was installed, but the issue is still there on my raspberry pi 3 :(

• I m not sure about rpi3 but as far as I know it uses same image as pi2..and on pi2 its working flawless...dont think it makes any difference but i upgraded from 7.0.3 to this one and cec is working...just put the zip file in update folder and restart..

• Having what I think is the same problem with Libreelec 8.0.1 running on a RaspberryPI 3.

If I switch inputs on my TV (panasonic plasma) and switch back to Kodi, the screen is black and I have to reboot the Pi in order to get it back.

Anything I can do to solve this?

• I also think that Rpi3 uses the same image as Rpi2. Are you sure you see Extracting / Checking messages after reboot with update tar file in place? You need to have .tar file in correct .update folder (dont extract it).

• Having what I think is the same problem with Libreelec 8.0.1 running on a RaspberryPI 3.

If I switch inputs on my TV (panasonic plasma) and switch back to Kodi, the screen is black and I have to reboot the Pi in order to get it back.

Anything I can do to solve this?

Hi...not sure about your issue...my issue and I think the issue of most people on this thread was that once screensaver is enabled or you change tv inputs or you switch off tv and leave rpi on....when you change hdmi input back to pi or switch tv on then cec doesnt respond...but rpi is not frozen...infact it responds to other inputs like android remote or any other http remote control.
    What I can think off at first glance is that you might have your screensaver set to turn your screen black instead of dim your screen...so check that....try to wake up your pi with something like Kore remote....if it wakes up you might need to update your libreelec with the one on here for cec to work properly...

• **UPDATE** Found the link....missed it on my first pass through: Sendspace.com Mobile File

Where is the link for this update?

I'm running the latest Libreelec (8.0.1 I think?) on multiple RPi3's and this only occurs on one of my TV no matter which Pi is connected to that TV. I have to either reboot the Pi or switch the physical HDMI port the Pi is connected to resolve the issue after turning my TV back on.

Edited once, last by evolart (April 24, 2017 at 5:31 PM).

• **UPDATE** Found the link....missed it on my first pass through: Sendspace.com Mobile File

Where is the link for this update?

I'm running the latest Libreelec (8.0.1 I think?) on multiple RPi3's and this only occurs on one of my TV no matter which Pi is connected to that TV. I have to either reboot the Pi or switch the physical HDMI port the Pi is connected to resolve the issue after turning my TV back on.

If Cec is not waking up kodi..this should fix the issue...it did for most of us..

• Bummer. I updated two of my Pi's to this "Bob Edition" and both of them still exhibit this issue where CEC appears to be unresponsive after Kodi has gone to sleep when connected to my Vizio TV in our living room. Doesn't happen on any other TVs in the house. Some people have reported being able to restore CEC functionality by switch to their cable box or other inputs and then back to the Pi's HDMI input on the TV but that also doesn't work for me. I have to either move the Pi to a different HDMI port on the TV or reboot the Pi to restore CEC functionality and therefore wake Kodi up.