[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

• I'm just now starting to use WiFi on this device, having used just a wired connection until now.

The experience I had so far would be best labelled "unstable" I suppose.

All in the LE settings section:

1. The available connections seem to randomly disappear under "Connections". While they randomly come back sometimes, the only 'reliable' method I found was to toggle WiFi off and on again under "Network". When one of the two connections is actually connected it will remain in the list.
    2. Only one of the two connections can actually connect at a given time. Not that you really need two, but it does feel a bit awkward.
    3. When enabling "Tethered" under "Network", both connections disappear under "Connections" and there is no new wireless LE network to be found by other WiFi devices.
    4. Enable "Tethered" under "Network", followed by disabling the "Active" option to disable wireless networks, followed by activating the same setting again and you will have all settings under "Network" listed twice.
    5. Being connected to a wireless network seems to prevent the screensaver from kicking in. It will dim, followed by undimming a few seconds, up to a minute, later again automatically

What has been your experience?

I'm especially interested in tethering, if it would allow me to pass the wired internet connection through, to increase my WiFi coverage in the house. Did any of you got this to work?

I'm on the latest s912 8.1.9 build, but I figured most issues could be related to just the KIII.

• Connman "polls" for new networks and periodically updates the list of visible SSID's in the connections screen. It also has a hard-coded behaviour of preferring Ethernet over Wireless so if you have a wireless connection active and connect Ethernet the latter becomes the primary connection. The wireless connection will remain active but it will lose the ability to route data off-subnet.

Tethering requires a wireless driver that supports AP modes. Not all drivers support it and it is not possible to reliably pre-detect whether a driver supports it so the option shows in the GUI even if the driver doesn't. If it doesn't work, 99.99% the driver doesn't support it.

• Tethering requires a wireless driver that supports AP modes. Not all drivers support it and it is not possible to reliably pre-detect whether a driver supports it so the option shows in the GUI even if the driver doesn't. If it doesn't work, 99.99% the driver doesn't support it.

I'm sorry to hear the state of support is that low.

Is there at least a reliable way to detect that the lack of AP modes support was the cause of tethering failing when trying to activate it? Or is the lack of LE telling when trying to do so already my answer?

• "touch /storage/.config/debug_connman" and reboot, then "journalctl -f" to see the live log output of connman while you attempt to enable the tethered hotspot. I forget what the actual error message is but connman output is readable (if very extensive/verbose) and it's a fairly clear message about driver support .. but generally it either works, or the driver doesn't support it.

• Testing build corresponding LE 8.1.10:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-devel-201710121515-gd562e8e-I.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-devel-201710121515-gd562e8e-I.tar

Release notes:

- channel zapping improvement (>1sec faster to kszaq LE 8.1.10 );

- SD channels are assumed 16:9 at start;

- aspect ratio fix for funny SD sizes (480x576, 544x576);

- aspect ratio fix for SD h264 channels (1.82 -> 1.78);

- for HW decoding 50i, 60i are shown as 25, 30 fps (same as for SW decoding);

- improved chapter seeking (I tried to fix buggy seeking by ffmpeg);

- improved HW decoding for high bitrate sources (4k, HDR, 60 fps);

- libbluray 1.0.1;

- Hauppauge DualHD second tuner support;

Sources:

GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.1.10

TVHeadend 4.2.3-113 with fix for DVB-C Annex B:

service.tvheadend42-8.2.3-113.zip

• Registered to say thanks for this, installed and working perfectly on my KIII with both DVB-T and S2. Have repurposed my Pi3 as an OMV host for recordings etc on TVHeadend and all working fantastically, couldn't be happier.

• LibreELEC 9 beta version for KIII Pro based on GDPR-2 LE 1.0.4.1

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.1-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.1-K.tar

You can use it for other S912 devices. You need only replace dbt.img and add /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1;

-TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.33-607.zip;

- pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus are preinstalled;

- fixes for smooth hi-bitrate playback (jellyfish-200Mbps);

- chapter skipping fix;

- fixes for wrongly reported fps;

- aspect ratio16:9 is preferred for start playback SD live TV;

Sources: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.90.1

• Regional only English?

I did intstall the build above here on my H96 Pro+

But after setting the video output to 4K (3840x2160) the screen changed in a kind of half OU 3D and cec stopped working so no control anymore.

What did I do wrong?

• I writed the SD card a second time with exact the same files as you.

At first I did the setting to allow Yatze, this is not activated in default, so I keep control.

Again when I set video output to 4K I get a kind of 3D half OU screen, CEC lost.

BTW 3D is dissabled.

Then some testing with 4K movies, but video output I keep to 1080x1920.

The movie is played in 4K (set automatic) but the interface and subtitles have a very strange behaviour:

-Control bar below not visable

-Subtitles not visable or double (same as with 3D) and keep frozen with first.

-percent circle sometimes double shown and also frozen.

I think the interface is having problems with 4K in this build on my H96 Pro+

Full HD movies are playing fine with right subs and interface.

Interface language setup also not possible after reboot, only English.