Libreelec 8.0 X86 NVIDIA 8300

• Good morning, have made a fresh install of Libreelec 8.0 but it can't work with my nvidia 8300 chip, it start and soon after it freeze. it seems the graphics driver is incompatible
    I have tried to create an udev rule to force the old driver, following instructions in the web I have created a file in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules with the following content

ACTION!="add|change", GOTO="end_video"
    SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", GOTO="subsystem_pci"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="subsystem_pci"
    GOTO="configure_nvidia-legacy"

LABEL="configure_nvidia"
    ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="configure_nvidia-legacy"
    ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="end_video"
    [hr]

but I had no success. Is there a better or correct way to force the legacy driver? I can't downgrade either because I can't find an old installer
    thank you

• Old LE versions can be found in the LE archive.

Normallly the old GPU's shouldn't need the 96-nvidia rules, only those 'in the twilight zone' where it concerns the suspend problem.

thank you very much, I tried to place the rule just because without rule it just start flickering and freeze immediately, with the rule it last about 60 seconds before flickering and freeze

is there a different way to force the legacy driver and be able to use libreelec 8.0 or should I just install an old version because my graphic chip is not supported any longer?
    thank you again

• thank you very much, I tried to place the rule just because without rule it just start flickering and freeze immediately, with the rule it last about 60 seconds before flickering and freeze

is there a different way to force the legacy driver and be able to use libreelec 8.0 or should I just install an old version because my graphic chip is not supported any longer?
    thank you again

The legacy driver was updated in the latest version (and it no longer works with the 8100, 8200 and 8300 series).
    You will have to compile it with an older legacy driver if you want to use 8.0.

I have a 8200 so am in the same boat ;) - I have uploaded a version of libreElec with the older Nvidia 304.135 legacy driver here if you are interested:
    Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• The legacy driver was updated in the latest version (and it no longer works with the 8100, 8200 and 8300 series).

I have a 8200 so am in the same boat ;) - I have uploaded a version of libreElec with the older Nvidia 304.135 legacy driver here if you are interested:

Hi :)

Thanks you very much, your version resolved my issue with my 7600 GS :)
    What will i do when ther will be new libreelec version ? Could i update from settings or should i only use your versions for this hardware ?

bye

• Hi :)

Thanks you very much, your version resolved my issue with my 7600 GS :)
    What will i do when ther will be new libreelec version ? Could i update from settings or should i only use your versions for this hardware ?

bye

You will need to keep using a modified version as the official branch will update the legacy GPU driver causing it to freeze shortly after boot again (I think a few other people have uploaded modified builds to work with these older cards too).
    I will upload any new builds I make to my github releases page - you can probably expect them 3-4 days after a new public release of LibreELEC (well as long as my 8200 is still working that is ;) )

To update to a newer version of my fork you will need to use the old manual update way of dragging and dropping my img.gz file into the update folder:

HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

• You will need to keep using a modified version as the official branch will update the legacy GPU driver causing it to freeze shortly after boot again (I think a few other people have uploaded modified builds to work with these older cards too).
    I will upload any new builds I make to my github releases page - you can probably expect them 3-4 days after a new public release of LibreELEC (well as long as my 8200 is still working that is ;) )

To update to a newer version of my fork you will need to use the old manual update way of dragging and dropping my img.gz file into the update folder:

HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

Ok, thanks :)

• The legacy driver was updated in the latest version (and it no longer works with the 8100, 8200 and 8300 series).

great idea video works fine, however no way to change the audio output

• great idea video works fine, however no way to change the audio output

Only the nvidia driver was changed (no audio seettings). If your using a sound card kodi may load before it has finished initialising so that sound card outputs wont appear in the options. In that case you will have to set a delay to give your card more time to start before kodi loads.

You can quickly test if this is the case by using ssh to restart kodi to see if the other audio outputs appear. If they do appear use something like this:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    sleep 10; \

In the autostart.sh file.

Also newer builds are available on this thread:

LibreELEC builds with nVidia 304.xx driver

• Only the nvidia driver was changed (no audio seettings). If your using a sound card kodi may load before it has finished initialising so that sound card outputs wont appear in the options. In that case you will have to set a delay to give your card more time to start before kodi loads.

You can quickly test if this is the case by using ssh to restart kodi to see if the other audio outputs appear. If they do appear use something like this:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    sleep 10; \

In the autostart.sh file.

Also newer builds are available on this thread:

LibreELEC builds with nVidia 304.xx driver

did a reset works fine in spdif, thanks