Posts by vinalopo

Old LE versions can be found in the LE archive.

Normallly the old GPU's shouldn't need the 96-nvidia rules, only those 'in the twilight zone' where it concerns the suspend problem.

thank you very much, I tried to place the rule just because without rule it just start flickering and freeze immediately, with the rule it last about 60 seconds before flickering and freeze

is there a different way to force the legacy driver and be able to use libreelec 8.0 or should I just install an old version because my graphic chip is not supported any longer?
    thank you again

Good morning, have made a fresh install of Libreelec 8.0 but it can't work with my nvidia 8300 chip, it start and soon after it freeze. it seems the graphics driver is incompatible
    I have tried to create an udev rule to force the old driver, following instructions in the web I have created a file in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules with the following content

ACTION!="add|change", GOTO="end_video"
    SUBSYSTEM=="pci", ATTR{class}=="0x030000", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x10de", GOTO="subsystem_pci"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="subsystem_pci"
    GOTO="configure_nvidia-legacy"

LABEL="configure_nvidia"
    ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="configure_nvidia-legacy"
    ENV{xorg_driver}="nvidia", TAG+="systemd", ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="[email protected]"
    GOTO="end_video"

LABEL="end_video"
    [hr]

but I had no success. Is there a better or correct way to force the legacy driver? I can't downgrade either because I can't find an old installer
    thank you

Good afternoon,
    I have downloaded LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0 ALPHA v7.90.005 and installed on an x86 PC with Nvidia GeForce 8300 chipset, the screen after the bootsplash is flickering and the system is irresponsive and does not work. I can nevertheless reach the HTPC thru ssh and remotely force shutdown
    It seems to me (but I might be wrong) the same issue seen in the past in Openelec in connection with the Nvidia driver used. Would it be possible to use a Nvidia driver compatible with the widespread 8300 chipsets?
    thank you very much

Good afternoon, same issue with LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.007 ALPHA

Good afternoon,
    I have downloaded LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0 ALPHA v7.90.005 and installed on an x86 PC with Nvidia GeForce 8300 chipset, the screen after the bootsplash is flickering and the system is irresponsive and does not work. I can nevertheless reach the HTPC thru ssh and remotely force shutdown
    It seems to me (but I might be wrong) the same issue seen in the past in Openelec in connection with the Nvidia driver used. Would it be possible to use a Nvidia driver compatible with the widespread 8300 chipsets?
    thank you very much

If it also happens with a new installation and the standard skin (depending on the LE version you use it´s either Confluence or Estuary then), could you please make a screenshot and get us a debug log:

Debug log:

Code
    pastebinit /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Good morning and thank you very much
    kodi log updated on pastebin kodi.log - Pastebin.com
    screenshot attached

have to say that I have another issue in the skin, when I try personalize the add-ons shortcuts the settings do not save and I can't personalize them

I will edit the skin as per your suggestion, please let me know if I need to do something else
    [hr]

/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml

I don't have such file, my confluence directory just contains the following files and directories
    720p backgrounds colors icon.png media
    addon.xml changelog.txt fonts language

Sounds like you are using a modified/custom version of confluence instead of the one included with the system.

I have upgraded from OpenELEC, I have also tried to reinstall LibreELEC over but the settings submenu remains the openelec's one. is there a way to force a skin re-installation (without having to to a clean re-install)?

Good morning
    I have updated from OE a couple of months ago, I use the generic build
    I have to change wireless settings but I can't find the LibreELEC settings addon nor I can see where to change wireless settings
    I also have searched for configurations files but I can't find any
    can you help me on how to modify wireless settings?

thank you