[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I just installed this on a H96Pro+ (unbranded / 3GB LPDDR3 memory / 32GB Storage) and it works fine.

(SD-Card boot)

LAN: OK

Wifi: OK

BT: Not tested

CEC: OK

Remote: Not tested

USB keyboard and mouse: OK

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HS MA, TrueHD: Up to DTS tested fine, can't test anything higher

4K: OK

Frame rate switching: OK

HDR: OK

• I also installed LibreElec on my China H96 Pro + 32 GB/3 GB.

Main reason was that the Android version did not support framerate switch (very essential).

Actually everything is working the same as the post above from Chilluk, even HDR...wow!

Remote don't work, but I use CEC so I don't miss it.

Even zoom from 4K movies is supported and this made me very happy, Android could not.

I don't know if this is due to Krypton 17.4, Android had 17.3 ??

Or maybe from the good work of Kszaq :)

There is only one thing that could be better:

I am from the Netherlands and Dutch people mostly use subtitles.

I tested som 4 K movies with extern srt subtitle and the combination of a panscan in the movie/subtitle causes a light hiccup at the moment that the subtitle appears.

A pity this is annoying if you know it, without this issue everything would be perfect for me.

If I boot back to Android with Kodi 17.3 it is playing smooth with subs (video frequency manual of course)

Without subs the same movie in LibreElec is also playing fine.

I read this issue before with heavy Korean subs:

hiccup with subtitles

or could this be caused by the 17.4 Krypton,

or maybe because of the fact that there are no fbdev Mali libraries??

90% happy at the moment and hope this subtitle issue can be solved.

Many thanks to Kszaq!

• The subtitle bug is a Kodi bug that I am unable to solve and nobody in Kodi team seems to care about it. It is present on all platforms.

[BUG] Frame skips caused by forced subtitles

Thank you Kszaq for quick answer, but why does Kodi 17.3 in Android not have the same issue with the subs in the same movie.

Is it due to 17.3.

Is it easy for me to downgrade Kodi to 17.3 in your build, just for testing?

Or does that need expert level:@

• Thank you Kszaq for quick answer, but why does Kodi 17.3 in Android not have the same issue with the subs in the same movie.

Is it due to 17.3.

Is it easy for me to downgrade Kodi to 17.3 in your build, just for testing?

Or does that need expert level:@

Android uses a different way of rendering video that is unavailable for LE. Downgrading to 17.3 won't help.

• I just installed this on a H96Pro+

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HS MA, TrueHD: Up to DTS tested fine, can't test anything higher

I have the same box, but I can't get DD+ and DTS passthrough get working.

I use the same settings as with my Raspberry Pi which did it fine.

I have connected the H96 with hdmi to my LG TV and the TV is spdif connected with a simple Logitec Z5500 homecinema set.

My TV always shows "PCM" this should be Dolby Digital or DTS

Only when I enable "Dolby Digital AC3 transcoding" I see "Dolby Digital" on my TV display, but this is giving audio with many distortion on my TV audio speakers.

Number of chanels I set to 2.0 but 5.1 is making no difference

Set to 5.1 you can't hear voices speaking on TV speakers.

Actually I tried everything but no results.

With these settings it worked fine on my RPI:

Output device: Alsa: AML M8 audio hdmi

Number of chanels: 2.0 or 5.1

Passthrough allowed

And enabled all what my Z5500 can handle

Edited 4 times, last by johnberg (November 2, 2017 at 10:00 AM).

• Did you go into the advanced settings and activate the different options your receiver supports?

• Hello same issue for me here.
    Beelink GT1 Ultimate + Aeon MQ7

fps on skin between 15-30fps

How did you manage this ? any solution ?

No issue on my S905 and S905x

• Did you go into the advanced settings and activate the different options your receiver supports?

Of course I did so, I have a simple Logitec Z5500 and enabled DD+ and DTS.

As I said exactly the same configuration as with my RPi who did it well.

I begin to think this is a H96 Pro+ issue??

• Hello same issue for me here.
    Beelink GT1 Ultimate + Aeon MQ7

fps on skin between 15-30fps

How did you manage this ? any solution ?

No issue on my S905 and S905x

Haven't found solution.

So your saying the FPS works fine on s905 image? What FPS you getting in the menus on s905?

Much be just the s912 that is affected then.

• Of course I did so, I have a simple Logitec Z5500 and enabled DD+ and DTS.

As I said exactly the same configuration as with my RPi who did it well.

I begin to think this is a H96 Pro+ issue??

hi Johnberg,

Try my settings AND shut down after the Box, pull plug and plug in for boot. Sometimes only Setting change doesnt work and softboot also sometimes work.

So for me i got on my H96 Pro+ all DTS MA ... DD True HD ... and so on to work ...

Hope this helps, greetings ;)

• Haven't found solution.

So your saying the FPS works fine on s905 image? What FPS you getting in the menus on s905?

Much be just the s912 that is affected then.

Remember that although S912 GPU is faster than S905 GPU, its performance is lower because we have to use hybrized Android libs.

• hi Johnberg,

Try my settings AND shut down after the Box, pull plug and plug in for boot. Sometimes only Setting change doesnt work and softboot also sometimes work.

So for me i got on my H96 Pro+ all DTS MA ... DD True HD ... and so on to work ...

Hope this helps, greetings ;)

Thanks Jarod,

You have almost the same settings as I have, I made them exact the same and did a complete reboot. But no succes, still pcm output:cry:

BTW, I every day switch my box complete off, by using a switch between the 230 V side of the powersupply.

I did the same for many years with the Raspberry Pi (after software shutdown of course)

So you have full DD+ and DTS over hdmi, this is really strange.

Kodi on Android did also not work, but LE should be able to support DTS passthrough.

• Remember that although S912 GPU is faster than S905 GPU, its performance is lower because we have to use hybrized Android libs.

Yes I agree.

As an example, my Overclocked ODROID C2 with a S905 is the same speed for Kodi day to day use as LE on the S912 MINIX U9-H.

The S912's GPU should definitely be faster, but those hybrized Android libs definitely constrict performance.

• i wouldnt worry about it i have an s905 and an s912

and tbh the s912 is fine just the same as the 905 in libreelec

kszaq has done a really good job

and on android its night and day better the s905 is a dog compared to the s912

I just am very interesting: are there more people who compared the S905 to the S912 with LibreElec?

Is there any noticable difference in the performance of video (4K movies), which is better or are they just the same?

Does the S905 build have the original Mali GPU libraries and the S912 just an Android alternatief?

My experience with the S912 on H96 Pro+ with Kszaq's build is just perfect: smooth 4K playing with perfect colors, what could be better?

Does the S912 with LE-build also support 10 bit color?

Would movies really look more better if we had the original fbdev Mali libraries?

I think it is almost perfect allready:)

BTW also gui performance and scrolling through the libraries is running like a charm on my H96 pro+

Edited 2 times, last by johnberg (November 3, 2017 at 5:44 PM).

• Thank you for your great work!!

I have a little problem with pvr simple client.

When i set it enabled, it works good.

but my box(gt1) rebooted, it doesn't work.

there is not channels.

i have to set it disabled and enabled.

then it works...

this is my only problem..

thank you!

-------------------------

problem solved

i have put m3u in local disk not in nfs. so it works good.

Edited once, last by deksta (November 3, 2017 at 4:04 PM).