[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• wrxtasy, Gregoir3, i want to recommend this RF-remote. IMHO, it fits much better for LE-based tv-box.

pros: same handy shape as Xiaomi BT remote, twice cheaper than it, IR-learning power button, no useless accelerometer and voice functions, good enough build quality, nice feedback from buttons;

cons: own RF-reciever, noisy clicky buttons, useless mouse emulation button;

For me, learning power button is a killer feature, because i can easely power-on the box with same remote (TV turns on automatically through CEC). Also this remote can be used with "longperss" parameter in Kodi keymaps. For example, i remapped ordinary (non-IR) power button to "Mute" and set its longpress to power menu. Also i can use predefined Kodi longpress shortcuts: long-OK for play/pause, long-UP for switching audio stream, long-Down for switching subtitles etc. Try it, this remote definitely worth its price!

• libhybris is a "wrapper" library to use (some of) Android drivers in pure Linux, i.e. LE. You do not need to care "how to use it", it is compiled in and you do not even know it.

Please read the notes in the first post again, again and again. I am wondering why are you so stubborn? I am the developer that made LE on S912 possible - don't you believe my words?

Thanks for the explanations, sorry I am trying to understand the situation well, I believe that I believe your words, yes, I know you are the developer, the two main problems I think are these two:

"resolution switching - only 1920x1080 and 4K is working (frame rate switching works)

screen tearing in GUI and software-rendered videos (vsync does not work) (fixed in 8.1.7)

Kodi may sometimes crash or restart"

However as you said at Jeffers I read that it does not recommend a box with cpu s912 for libreelec.

At this point in order to avoid problems, you should take a s905 cpu box, or rather an s905x or 905d, personally which box advises me ? I am very interested in knowing your opinion, if you will answer me in courtesy.

• Pelican The issue started with 8.1.7 or is it present in earlier builds as well?

I'm not sure if I can name any version change.

It was present from the beginning on this box, but sometime some settings remain after reboot and sometimes I can write to the .update folder. Yesterday I tried to find out wich version is good and which version is not but cannot get a consistent result.

It is very time consuming, because mostly I cannot use the normal update method but I have to remove the card and prepare it again.
    Today I continue the testing and I'll come back if I found any solid repeatable behaviour.

• It is very time consuming, because mostly I cannot use the normal update method but I have to remove the card and prepare it again.
    Today I continue the testing and I'll come back if I found any solid repeatable behaviour.

Please don't waste your time. If the issue is there from the beginning, it should be fixed in kernel. I will see if Amlogic tried to fix it (e.g. PD#141411: emmc: modify calibration dly_step for gxm · khadas/linux@523a22d · GitHub).

• Which you can ask in the dedicated thread over there if you bothered to read it first and still didn't get your answer. This thread is about S912.

Thank you for asking me in the dedicated topic. I saw that you have a box with s912 in your signature.

• Please don't waste your time. If the issue is there from the beginning, it should be fixed in kernel. I will see if Amlogic tried to fix it (e.g. PD#141411: emmc: modify calibration dly_step for gxm · khadas/linux@523a22d · GitHub).

I've put back 8.1.1 and the .update folder is writeable now.

Edit:

Then I copy 8.1.8 .tar to the .update folder, reboot and now .update folder is still writeable.

Edited once, last by Pelican (September 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM).

• Yes, it is just easy to test the update folder. When the .update is writeable then the others too and vice versa.

So right now everything is fine, 8.1.8 up and running the folders are writeable.

ELSA

OANe

But I'm afraid it will not last after some reboot...

• i want to recommend this RF-remote. IMHO, it fits much better for LE-based tv-box.

Yes remotes are a very individual choice. Personally I'm not a fan anymore of rubber spongy buttons. This is where the Mi Box's remote kicks ass.

Please post you recommendation in the Guide to picking an S905 box - sticky guide thread. It will only get lost in the general posts otherwise.

• Personally I'm not a fan anymore of rubber spongy buttons. This is where the Mi Box's remote kicks ass.

I also prefer good-fitted plastic buttons, but here buttons have a really short stroke (thanks to metal membrane switches), so feeling is pretty good (except noise).

By the way, could you please read my message adressed to you? TIA :)

• Just tried this on my H96 Pro 2GB/16GB, stayed on H96, no boot. How do you get the dtb? or can I try your's?

Hi bubblegum

Is your H96 pro box working fine with latest update?

I have same box as yours but I'm getting the read only errors since 8.1.7 updates.

Thanks