[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I thought that with the latest release of LibreELEC all the problems were resolved. if there are slight issues, it does not matter, I hope they are not serious problems. With the s912 what box advises me ?

I would advise against my Beelink GT1. (not the Ultimate). No Widewine L1, and therefore no Netflix in HD. And i cannot use the number keys to change channels with the NextPVR Live TV addon. Fails with 'NextPVR PVR Client tuner longer available'. Only happens when Timeshift is enabled. Anyway, I don't think this is related to these LibreElec builds. The builds are excellent, and everything else on the box seems pretty good.

• I also have a MECOOL M8S Pro+ which does have Widevine Level 1 and plays Netflix superbly but no bluetooth and crappy wifi.

It's like they are doing this on purpose. I'm done though and won't buy another media player, just a good remote (which is quite a query too).

Any LE boxes lacking Bluetooth can have a $4 - v4.0 CSR Bluetooth USB dongle added to them.

Even combined WiFi/BT can be added with Realtek RTL8xxx (Edimax USB dongles).

Then once Bluetooth is up and running you can use the fastest, best quality, ergonomically designed, simple remote on the market, the...

- $11 Xiaomi Mi Box BT remote.

The speed of this BT remote adds a whole new dimension to using LibreELEC Kodi, day to day.

There is even a Xiaomi BT remote LE DIY I have been working on.... (click) 8)

• @Tim_Taylor

I did not understand exactly what problems with LibreELEC with the s912 ?

@becster

Thank you so much for the advice, do not you want to take the gt1 ultimate version ? The ultimate version has 3GB of DDR4 RAM and android 7.1

Regarding Widewine L1 and Netfix HD there is no problem, Netfix does not interest me.

For the remote I was going to take the minix A2 lite, the important thing and that I can use LibreELEC with the buttons on the remote control, play, stop, pause, rewind, back, forward etc ..

About the box Mecool BB2 you think about it ?

• Thanks. I'll go sit down now.;)

• @Tim_Taylor

I did not understand exactly what problems with LibreELEC with the s912 ?

It is clearly stated in the first post. Does it really need to be repeated on every thread page?

Using libhybris remains a necessity, which means maintaining a hack, which means suboptimal performance and the occasional crash/hang.

• It is clearly stated in the first post. Does it really need to be repeated on every thread page?

Using libhybris remains a necessity, which means maintaining a hack, which means suboptimal performance and the occasional crash/hang.

YES, I read the first post:

resolution switching - only 1920x1080 and 4K is working (frame rate switching works)

screen tearing in GUI and software-rendered videos (vsync does not work) (fixed in 8.1.7)

Kodi may sometimes crash or restart

libhybris is a software to install ? How does it work ? The hack did not understand what exactly meant.

Edited once, last by marck120 (September 18, 2017 at 11:07 PM).

• No, you didn't read carefully enough.

Read again the very first sentence, for example.

You refer to this part:

"Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - this is an experimental approach with CPU overhead - this means suboptimal GPU performance."

Unfortunately I did not understand how libhybris works and how to install it ?

• You refer to this part:

"Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - this is an experimental approach with CPU overhead - this means suboptimal GPU performance."

Unfortunately I did not understand how libhybris works and how to install it ?

Just to make it simple..

from the 1st post,

"If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!"

• Just to make it simple..

from the 1st post,

"If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!"

My intention to buy a s912 cpu box was to have a more recent hardware. With release 8.1.7 I thought LE would work well with s912 cpu. With future releases maybe all the problems will come. But libhybris how does it work ? How do you use it ?

• But libhybris how does it work ? How do you use it ?

libhybris is a "wrapper" library to use (some of) Android drivers in pure Linux, i.e. LE. You do not need to care "how to use it", it is compiled in and you do not even know it.

With release 8.1.7 I thought LE would work well with s912 cpu. With future releases maybe all the problems will come.

Please read the notes in the first post again, again and again. I am wondering why are you so stubborn? I am the developer that made LE on S912 possible - don't you believe my words?

• the_bo  Pelican Can you try to collect journalctl -a | paste and dmesg | paste immediately after booting? Please collect only for a non-working system, i.e. readonly user data.

Can you also try running 8.1.8 from a different SD card to rule out that it's a card-specific issue?