[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hello, just tested v8.0.1f on a beelink gt1 and i noticed:
    - the random stutter on hevc10bit and especially on mpeg4 (stuttering much more) which happened on previous builds and android firmware have been reduced dramatically but it will stutter for one frame when subtitles are been shown. When i disable subtitles the stutter is gone.
    - external hdd works ok.
    - menu has tearing.
    -4k h264 works ok.
    By the way very good work.

Edited once, last by lr300 (April 17, 2017 at 9:57 AM).

• My Zenoplige T95Z Plus S912 2G/16G with v8.0.1f version works ok (wifi 5GHz, remote, external keyboard all perfectly working).. but only on some IPTV channels and few HD movies i'm able to get DTS (2.0 or 5.1) - only PCM audio on youtube clips (any encoded audio).On audio setting page i put: Channels: 5.1, Best matches, Passthrough and all the decoders on..

Any help?

Thanks for the wonderful job, @kszaq!

Edited once, last by Nick_2017 (April 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM).

• Beelink GT1 3gb so far so good.
    Should revert to the default skin because box got stuck with aeon nox and extended info plugin, which is not LE bug.

Thanks.

• Me again :)
    This image plays much better than previous. When I try to rewind or go forward in previous version (e) I got stuck, then must stop the movie and restart again. In this version (f) player works without issues, including rewind, forward, chapters, with mouse or remote with hdr&sdr content.

Thanks again. Good update for my gt1.

• kszaq, is the dtb file from kernel.img used for something? I can see that the default amlogic u-Boot config is so horribly broken that it tends to use the dtb loaded for u-Boot itself when launching the kernel from emmc/boot... and you had to use the separate dtb.img for that reason, so it seems like the "secondary" thing from boot.img is always ignored?

And one more question, if you don't mind... do you have a fresh copy of drivers/amlogic/input/vfd ? I found some old copies on github but they won't compile with fresh kernels... so, before starting "fixing" three-year-old code I wonder, maybe there's a newer version somewhere?

Edited once, last by zap (April 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM).

• I have "M92S plus" 2GB/16GB but no luck to boot from SD.

I tried:
    - terminal emulator with "reboot update" - result android recovery
    - toothpick method - result android recovery
    - recovery method (3rd variant):
    adb connect ip:5555
    accepting rsa
    adb reboot update
    with the same result android recovery (picture attached):

How can I boot from SD first time on this S912? Please any help.

• I think u didn't make a good bootable SD card.. with Mac it didn't work.. i had to use Windows and i had to use Burn Card Maker to make it go!
    Then with toothpick method all went ok.. leave the toothpick there till LibreElec starts!
    :)

• I think u didn't make a good bootable SD card.. with Mac it didn't work.. i had to use Windows and i had to use Burn Card Maker to make it go!
    Then with toothpick method all went ok.. leave the toothpick there till LibreElec starts!
    :)

I did it as always by dd Installation - LibreELEC .
    I also have K1pro (s905 1/8GB) and "mini m8s" (s905 2/8GB with nand) and I know how to make bootable SD to amlogic :).

I even tried second SD moment ago with fresh download from LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.0-8.0.1f-experimental.img.gz with the same result: android recovery.

I know purpose of first boot from toothpick metod (aml_autoscript sets env to boot if there is sd from sd elseif usb etc). I'll try with usb and toothpick.

• I did it as always by dd Installation - LibreELEC .
    I also have K1pro (s905 1/8GB) and "mini m8s" (s905 2/8GB with nand) and I know how to make bootable SD to amlogic :).

I even tried second SD moment ago with fresh download from LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.0-8.0.1f-experimental.img.gz with the same result: android recovery.

I know purpose of first boot from toothpick metod (aml_autoscript sets env to boot if there is sd from sd elseif usb etc). I'll try with usb and toothpick.

Did u put the right img.dtb file in the SD card?
    I had to change SD card.. the best one is the 16GB Lexar (10x).. with another one (Sandisk) i had the same problem of Android recovery!

• Did u put the right img.dtb file in the SD card?
    I had to change SD card.. the best one is the 16GB Lexar (10x).. with another one (Sandisk) i had the same problem of Android recovery!

Dtb.img is needed after first boot :).

Solved by booting first time from usb (btw made by dd on Mac).

• Dtb.img is needed after first boot :).

Solved by booting first time from usb (btw made by dd on Mac).

I'm glad u fixed the problem!
    Now u can help me with mine.. i don't get in many movies and hd live tv the right audio format but only pcm.. do u have any idea?
    Thanks!

• I'm glad u fixed the problem!
    Now u can help me with mine.. i don't get in many movies and hd live tv the right audio format but only pcm.. do u have any idea?
    Thanks!

I'm using only tv speakers and no dts or more so I have no idea how.

• Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

• Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

Flac is always lossless decoded to PCM. There is no definition for FLAC passthrough.