[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• That's awesome DTS-HD MA passthrough is working for you! I've tried absolutely every setting and combination of settings and just can not get it to passthrough to my avr :( BD passthrough is flawless so my hdmi and avr are fine. could you possibly post a screenshot of your audio settings or walk me through any special tips? Regular dts, the passthrough works fine, just not with hd audio.. However, using PCM sound IS playing on my surround speakers, something spmc or any other media center isn't able to do, it's always just pcm stereo. So if I'm hearing surround sound in pcm, and the movie is showing dts-hd ma audio, I should be good to go, ya? Or is it a trick? :)

Navigate to System - Audio:
    Check that your Audio Device is set to "ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI"
    Set your speaker config to 5.1
    Enable Passthrough
    Enabel all audio standards, your AVR can support.

• Thanks guys, works perfectly! Silly me, I had 7.1 set instead of 5.1 from when I was trying more speakers. Funny it was as simple as that :o

So, WORKING on TX8:

Remote: Yes
    KB/Mouse: Yes
    WiFi & Ethernet: Yes
    HD-audio PT & PCM: Yes
    Web-Server Remote: Yes

It's basically exactly like in Android, only it's running off an SD Card, so I'm assuming that's why it's slow to load certain menus and responses. It's completely frozen only twice on me, and usually it's just a little buggy or slow. But I get uncompressed audio finally, so it's worth it for sure :)

Edited once, last by Grencola (April 2, 2017 at 6:29 PM).

• Tried this on Nexbox A1. I have tried several roms and while Kodi 17 gives best picture could never get DTS, so had to use FTMC or SPMC. This versions has the best picture quality with DTS pass through working. HEVC also working great.

• I have the H96 NOT Pro 16GB 2gb. I couldn't get mine to boot from sd, so I used a usb drive & burnt using rufus.

In fact I think usb is faster than sd.

SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 150 MB/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

• thanks again
    i do the installation
    i didn't understand "browse sd card, add the device tree for your device, delete old one, & rename new dtb to dtb.img"
    what is the old one?

• thanks again
    i do the installation
    i didn't understand "browse sd card, add the device tree for your device, delete old one, & rename new dtb to dtb.img"
    what is the old one?

After you have burnt/created the sd/usb image.

explore, the sd/usb, you will see some files, this is from a windows pc

there will be a dtb.img, delete that

then add/copy the device tree you downloaded gxm_q200_3g.dtb rename that to dtb.img

Note, you will get a warning message about changing the file extension. ignore it.

then using toothpick method, try it

• i do exactly what u say .but the liblreelec wont start 'when i plug the usb to the h96
    i try this method "toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button."

• i do exactly what u say .but the liblreelec wont start 'when i plug the usb to the h96
    i try this method "toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button."

I release the rset button after about 10 seconds, & before the libreelec logo appears. Not sure if this would work.

from thread-5848.html delete the dtb.img altogether further down on that post, try Pelicans dtb

He has the same box as you.

otherwise, I can't help you any more.

• thanks very much for your help bubblegum57
    maybe i am doing something wrong .when i press the rest and the power together and wait for few second i get the android recovery screen :(
    (toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button)

Edited once, last by Shay820 (April 4, 2017 at 8:39 AM).

• Hello, I'd like to test this ROM but I am interesting if boot from sd card to libreELEC and I want go back to android rom, will I have the same settings of android that I have before booting to libreELEC. Also I have some android iptv apps that I am using daily so is there any combination of that apps and kodi with libreelec.

Edited once, last by rule11 (April 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM).

• Hello, I'd like to test this ROM but I am interesting if boot from sd card to libreELEC and I want go back to android rom, will I have the same settings of android that I have before booting to libreELEC. Also I have some android iptv apps that I am using daily so is there any combination of that apps and kodi with libreelec.

no problem with that , when you donot like just eject the SD card reboot and your android settings is still intact

regards,
    kabise