[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Foolproof Please remember that these builds are experimental.

Unfortunately I am unable to fix any EAC+/HD audio issues, my only receiver can only play DD/DTS.

Please post a link to webm file that cannot play.

It plays not files with DolbyDigital + (EAC3), only picture, sound is silent. MKV and m2ts too.Examle from Kodi wiki - the first file from HD audio

Code
    https://mega.nz/#!cM9VmBSL!mME5qULH2H5M24vLmjqfZZkaoUjY6RsrGPiw3ultMW0

This file plays only Archos video player, no one more.

DD+ plays fine here (even that file you linked).
    All the HD sounds and LPCM work well too (even 24 bit 192 kHz DTS HD).

• It is clear is experimental, but already now better as all android versions of Kodi, what I saw. :cool:

Example for 4k webm

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lOqtbNn-0&list=PLIzbzQ9DXbC9XlI-IzEnxW8OapVWnlYJL&index=3

Download as webm, nothing.

Download as MP4 - all is OK.

To Pelican

Is is strange, you play DD+ as local file or no. I have tested only from NAS.

• To Pelican

Is is strange, you play DD+ as local file or no. I have tested only from NAS.

Right now I tried to play from NAS too but it works also from local media.
    But DD+ worked from the first alpha preview on my box. Check the second post in this thread.

• The S905(x) LE boxes will offer better long term stability as a LibreELEC media player.

As kszaq has said these release are experimental, there is Graphic user interface tearing displayed due to no proper Linux MALI-T820- GPU drivers available from AMLogic.

Plus the S912 - for video playback is no different to the S905(x) - both do up to 4K HEVC HDR - to varying degree of success.

Speed wise - there really is not much difference across all the S9xx AML LibreELEC releases. All of them are definitely not slow.

Thank you for the well considered answer.

What I am hearing is that this last build is as good or better than the 905X except for some gui tearing. The one concern is that Amlogic has not yet released the libraries. Is there a known reason for this? Is it a question of time?

All in all, if it's working well I'll get a 912.

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM).

• Example for 4k webm

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lOqtbNn-0&list=PLIzbzQ9DXbC9XlI-IzEnxW8OapVWnlYJL&index=3

Download as webm, nothing.
    Download as MP4 - all is OK.

Do you know that webm is only a container format? It can contain VP8 or VP9 video and Vorbis or Opus audio.
    The problem is the VP9 video format.
    I cannot play any VP9 video from my collection. These all work with S905X (LE 012j).

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM).

• Well what S912 users may have not yet discovered, is 8bit 1080p HEVC video is output with the wrong colorspace.
    Picture output is too dark vs AML S905 devices.

In fact with 1080p output and the whole GUI is too dark at times. I can see it easily with a back to back test on a S905 LibreELEC box.

This problem is also seen in Android on S912 boxes, and now I see it here as well with LibreELEC Krypton, testing on the MINIX U9 S912.

There are likely more bugs to come...
    So from a developer perspective I will say again, S912's are not recommended LE devices at the moment.
    Experimental only.

Don't the 905x have the same issue with HDR?

• VP9 and VP8 play in SPMC very well.....I think splitter for webm is bad.

Webm is MKV for streaming I mean, DD+ play not on my box in nothing, only and aonly in Archos Video Player.In MXPlayer no too. Strange. Archos has own codecs.....

• It means not all the H96 Pro comes with the same remote.
    It makes sense why they put six different remote code to their factory remote.conf.

Thanks to you Ippon, & mickr

Mainly to help with my understanding of remote confs. I have written this
    First of all. When booted into android, using an app (WiFi Droid) I logged in remotely. I copied the complete remote file from \etc\remote.conf
    In there you will see several different remote confs. You need the “group” which has the factory code for your remote.
    To find your factory remote I followed the guide by Ippon thread-3581.html?highlight=remote
    You then place the remote.conf you have created in \storage\config then reboot
    I then followed the guide from mickr to add a second remote, I still want to use Android, with the original remote, but also want to use my Logitech 650 for Kodi. (this is using the Pivos profile)
    thread-5154.html

Thanks again :)

• bublegum57:
    The first step is not neccessary beacuse the LE install makes a copy of your android remote.conf to your cards root folder.
    From there you can copy to .config and delete the unused remote codes from it.

• bublegum57:
    The first step is not neccessary beacuse the LE install makes a copy of your android remote.conf to your cards root folder.
    From there you can copy to .config and delete the unused remote codes from it.

I didn't realise that. After I tried your remote in the storage\config & it didn't work. I read somewhere about a remoteconf in the root of the card. I then stupidly overwrote that with your remote, which of course didn't work.

I'm learning though. :)

• I didn't realise that. After I tried your remote in the storage\config & it didn't work. I read somewhere about a remoteconf in the root of the card. I then stupidly overwrote that with your remote, which of course didn't work.

I'm learning though. :)

Just curious: what is your remote's factory code?