[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Ok, I've changed the name of 2.4 & 5 wi-fi. On Android I see both of them and connect only in 5 ghz.
    Then reboot in LE.

But in LE I see only the 2.4 wi-fi.

Magnum

In Libreelec, go to the Libreelec configuration, then network? connections? disconnect, then reconnect to 5Ghz

• 8.0.1a build in OP. It should be more stable, I managed to fix some crashes. Yet the builds are still considered experimental and I cannot guarantee stability!

• Hi, I have been trying these builds from the beginning, my minor problem is the remote doesn't work. I have a wireless Mele remote that does work. But can anyone tell me which remote.conf I could try?

I have a H96 Pro (not the + )

I wrote in this thread why doesn't work.
    You can use this remote.zip
    [hr]

8.0.1a build in OP. It should be more stable, I managed to fix some crashes. Yet the builds are still considered experimental and I cannot guarantee stability!

Thank you for the new build.
    It works very well.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 24, 2017 at 9:19 PM).

• Besides the known issues how well does it play video file?

It plays the 90GB 4k Fifth Element perfectly.
    Stability-wise: It scanned my whole movie and music collection (4TB) and played different videos without any restart or freezing.

• The S905(x) LE boxes will offer better long term stability as a LibreELEC media player.

As kszaq has said these release are experimental, there is Graphic user interface tearing displayed due to no proper Linux MALI-T820- GPU drivers available from AMLogic.

Plus the S912 - for video playback is no different to the S905(x) - both do up to 4K HEVC HDR - to varying degree of success.

Speed wise - there really is not much difference across all the S9xx AML LibreELEC releases. All of them are definitely not slow.

• I don't care the GUI tearing until the movies play well...
    The S912 has a big advantage against the S905X: the gigabit lan. (I know the S905 also has gigabit ethernet but it cannot play 4k VP9)
    And this latest version is much better than I expected.
    It is still running although I tried everything to make it stop.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 24, 2017 at 9:18 AM).

• I don't care the GUI tearing until the movies play well...
    The S912 has a big advantage against the S905X: the gigabit lan. (I know the S905 also has gigabit ethernet but it cannot play 4k VP9)
    And this latest version is much better than I expected.
    It is still running although I tried everything to make it stop.

Well what S912 users may have not yet discovered, is 8bit 1080p HEVC video is output with the wrong colorspace.
    Picture output is too dark vs AML S905 devices.

In fact with 1080p output and the whole GUI is too dark at times. I can see it easily with a back to back test on a S905 LibreELEC box.

This problem is also seen in Android on S912 boxes, and now I see it here as well with LibreELEC Krypton, testing on the MINIX U9 S912.

There are likely more bugs to come...
    So from a developer perspective I will say again, S912's are not recommended LE devices at the moment.
    Experimental only.

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (March 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM).

• I have tested the last version more about 3 hours. No one crash. No one. It plays all what I need, very thanks to author.

Issues:

It plays not files with DolbyDigital + (EAC3), only picture, sound is silent. MKV and m2ts too.Examle from Kodi wiki - the first file from HD audio

Code
    https://mega.nz/#!cM9VmBSL!mME5qULH2H5M24vLmjqfZZkaoUjY6RsrGPiw3ultMW0

This file plays only Archos video player, no one more.

-----

It plays not 4k WEBM file, no picture, no sound, downloaded from YT. The same file as MP4 is played well.

Some file cannot be downloaded as MP4 in full 4k, only WEBM.
    SPMC plays this files without problems, MXPlayer usw. too.

---------

Evolveo H8 (AArch64)