[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• kszaq,

I tested the new Alphapreview4 on my Mecool BB2 Pro.
    It works great. No wi-fi problems posted some days ago. Maybe there was a problem with my Wi-Fi. Or you have fix something. :)
    I'll test it more in the next days.

Thanks kszaq for your work.

Magnum

• Evolveo H8 (AArch64)

With the SD card is able for the first boot, the other boots are simple, with card LibreELEC goes, without card goes Android. The program is completely unusable unfortunately still falls very often and at very short intervals, less than 3 minutes.
    My tests:
    Dolby Digital 5.1,7.1,THD 7.1 - OK passtrough
    Dolby Digital+7.1 - only silence (Archos plays it very well)
    DTS all is OK passtrough, Incredibly, a big compliment to the author
    change display resolution goes very well !!!!!
    HEVC,4k all OK. HDR I do not know.

The program no crashed, it restart itself in very short intervals. I have no function with remote control, I can use only mouse (right click is back ????)

I copied "remote.conf" from etc to root of SDCard but it does nothing.

Very good start for 912.

• I think the remote.conf goes into /storage/.config

• In system/settings resolution, I could see two resolutions 1920x1080p ?
    Which one are we suppose to use ?

One for 50 Hz and one for 60 Hz. You can use any of them.
    [hr]

I think the remote.conf goes into /storage/.config

It can find it in the root in the second pass of checking.
    I found another possible source of problems:
    my remote conf (from android) contains 6 remote data block, and LE (or Kodi) can handle only the last one and if your remote is not the last in the structure then it will not work.

The structure is:

If I delete all the custom blocks but keep the one with the right factory code then it works. Also works if I move the right custom block to the end of the list.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 16, 2017 at 6:21 PM).

• What about force rgb mode in this alpha build?

I see this file but with strange permissions:
    --w--w---- 1 root root 4096 Mar 16 21:55 output_rgb
    LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # cat output_rgb
    cat: read error: Input/output error

And this code below in autostart.sh doesn't work too:

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

• What about force rgb mode in this alpha build?

I see this file but with strange permissions:
    --w--w---- 1 root root 4096 Mar 16 21:55 output_rgb
    LibreELEC:/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0 # cat output_rgb
    cat: read error: Input/output error

And this code below in autostart.sh doesn't work too:

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

It worked for me.

Magnum

• It can find it in the root in the second pass of checking.
    I found another possible source of problems:
    my remote conf (from android) contains 6 remote data block, and LE (or Kodi) can handle only the last one and if your remote is not the last in the structure then it will not work.

Please help me.

1. When I booted into Android, I can not find /storage/.config (hidden folder), when I booted to LE, I have no access into my box from PC.
    2. Below is my remote.conf, from root of SDCard. Could you edit it, how do you think remote could work ?

• 1. When I booted into Android, I can not find /storage/.config (hidden folder), when I booted to LE, I have no access into my box from PC.

When running libreelec, the config directory is accessible by SMB share (directory name "Configfiles") or through ssh (cd .config). Check Libreelec settings to enable samba and ssh server.

Edited once, last by mmpp (March 17, 2017 at 1:15 PM).

• Please help me.

1. When I booted into Android, I can not find /storage/.config (hidden folder), when I booted to LE, I have no access into my box from PC.
    2. Below is my remote.conf, from root of SDCard. Could you edit it, how do you think remote could work ?

As mmp wrote you need to put your remote.conf file to \\LibreElec\Configfiles (SMB share from win) or .config if you login with ssh.
    Your remote.conf contains two remote control setup, you should check your remote controls factory code so you know which one do you keep in the conf file.
    For checking login to the box with ssh (root/libreelec) then press a button on your remote then type dmesg command and see the last line.
    There will be an error message about wrong factory code and an 8 digit hexadecimal number which has the factory code at the last 4 digits (it will ff00 or bd02 according to you remote.conf). I guess that is ff00 so modify your remote.conf as this:

• Three movies and nothing green screen. :D
    Before applying the patch after a while green screen.

Anyway when I saw green screen the first time I tried the echo command via Putty and Tv goes to normal.

Magnum

Edited once, last by Magnum (March 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM).

• Problems with remote control are solved.

Thanks to Pelican and mmpp too.

I think the stability of the system without a mouse is a bit better but still are spontaneously rebooting Kodi.

• I'm afraid that as long as we have to use libhybris I cannot help much with the resets. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this with no success.