[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Hi first thank you for your hard work on this fantastic software.

I have only one problem CEC no working on Mecool m8s pro + and Samsung ue50ku6072.

There is a chance to work?

Thanks

• I have a h96 pro plus and it auto updated last night, now my timezone is broken and its correct in the settings, the internet is hard wired and its not working anymore either...gonna try a fresh install on the thumb drive, hope this will sort it..

EDIT: well did a fresh install and its back to normal...not sure what happened with the auto update.. I just re did my thumb drive with rufus, used 8.2.1.2 and gxm_q200_3g.dtb and its back working..

EDIT 2: On another note my minix u1 also had the timezone error, with no way to fix it without a fresh install, yes I no this edit should be in the 905X thread but whatever changed in the last round of updates caused a timezone issue...

Edited 3 times, last by skyhigh69 (December 17, 2017 at 11:07 PM).

• After 8.2.1.2 update I think I lost my gui animations on home screen..

How can I reactivate them?

EDIT: I found it, can someone tell me if the "use slide animation" option is set to on by default in LibreELEC?

Edited once, last by mirbg (December 17, 2017 at 7:54 PM).

• Hello Everyone,

I have succesfully installed this Libreelec release on my S912 box.

I have only one problem: can't flip my screen through HDMI.

I tought I only have to edit the config.txt:

Code
    display_rotate=0x10000  horizontal flip
    display_rotate=0x20000  vertical flip

Logged in to the box with putty, but unfortunately there is no config.txt on the android release.
    Is there any method I can use in openelec/libreelec?
    In android I can force the inverted landscape mode, which is fine, but the lack of 24p playback and the stuttering is very annoying :(
    Thank you!

• First of all, just wanted to say thanks for the hard work that you have put into LE for S912.

I just wondered if someone could give me some input on how these boxes should perform with transcoding audio?

Basically, I have two of these boxes plugged into Samsung 4K TV's. There is an Onkyo Amp plugged in via HDMI ARC, but unfortunately the Amp is only capable of HD so if I plugged the TV Box in directly then I would loose 4K resolution. Therefore I rely on HDMI ARC through the TV Box, I have Kodi setup to Transcode everything into Dolby Digital so we can at least enjoy 5.1 on content we watch.

I just wondered though, is the S912 capable of playing back UHD HEVC content and being able to transcode HD Audio such as DTS-MA or TrueHD into 5.1 Dolby Digital, or would it struggle?

Obviously if a film has multiple audio tracks you could always choose regular DTS (which I imagine would be less intensive to transcode than HD Audio) or even Dolby Digital, but I just want the process to be as easy and straight forward as possible for the household. From what I can see, it doesn't seem that you can tell Kodi to prefer AC3/DTS over other audio formats first, which is a shame.

Hope that all makes sense?

Thanks

• I just wondered though, is the S912 capable of playing back UHD HEVC content and being able to transcode HD Audio such as DTS-MA or TrueHD into 5.1 Dolby Digital, or would it struggle?

No it will not struggle because there are various co-processors in the AMLogic System on a Chip aka SoC that handle different tasks.

For example even when hardware decoding high bitrate UHD HEVC the VPU does most of the heavy lifting leaving the CPU's doing very little and basically idling.

Those CPU's can then easily handle HD Audio transcoding into Dolby Digital.

It's also why, even before kszaq did some Wizardry with the hybrid GPU video drivers - and we had noticeable Kodi user interface graphics tearing - hardware video decoding was unaffected because the VPU handled that.

• Better buy a new AVR supporting HDR/UHD Atmos etc.

We would love to, but I don't have the money to do that right now :-p

No it will not struggle because there are various co-processors in the AMLogic System on a Chip aka SoC that handle different tasks.

For example even when hardware decoding high bitrate UHD HEVC the VPU does most of the heavy lifting leaving the CPU's doing very little and basically idling.

Those CPU's can then easily handle HD Audio transcoding into Dolby Digital.

It's also why, even before kszaq did some Wizardry with the hybrid GPU video drivers - and we had noticeable Kodi user interface graphics tearing - hardware video decoding was unaffected because the VPU handled that.

Thanks very much for your detailed response, I have noticed on some occasions that LE appears to have struggled and audio has gone out of sync. Which is why I thought I would do a post. I wonder if this could be related to the temperatures that these SOC's run at, thus the CPU being throttled down? Probably would be a big idea for me to put a decent heatsink onto the SOC to give me better thermal temperatures?

Cheers