Posts by Adam86

Can I just churp in on this for some advice?

I'm wanting to restart LE when the machine resumes from suspend.

I've created a file named 01-restart.power with:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    case "$1" in
    pre)
    ;;
    post)
    systemctl restart kodi
    ;;
    esac

Only issue is that I dont have a /storage/.config/sleep.d/ so I created it and placed the file in there but nothing happens. I've done as above and made sure it is a unix script.

I do see a /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d/ but placing the file in there makes no difference either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is normal if you haven't installed crazycat drivers

Thanks, just done that and rebooted the box and now working as expected.

One thing I am noticing when playing TV through TVH or MediaPortal TV Client on one of my boxes, that I seem to get a "red" artifact appear on the image. If i rewind back a few seconds its OK for a while and then does it again. This also occurred on LE8, my other box is absolutely fine.

It kinda looks like the days of the old fashioned blue and red 3d glasses you used to put on!

Any ideas? All other content is absolutely fine!

Better buy a new AVR supporting HDR/UHD Atmos etc.

We would love to, but I don't have the money to do that right now :-p

No it will not struggle because there are various co-processors in the AMLogic System on a Chip aka SoC that handle different tasks.

For example even when hardware decoding high bitrate UHD HEVC the VPU does most of the heavy lifting leaving the CPU's doing very little and basically idling.

Those CPU's can then easily handle HD Audio transcoding into Dolby Digital.

It's also why, even before kszaq did some Wizardry with the hybrid GPU video drivers - and we had noticeable Kodi user interface graphics tearing - hardware video decoding was unaffected because the VPU handled that.

Thanks very much for your detailed response, I have noticed on some occasions that LE appears to have struggled and audio has gone out of sync. Which is why I thought I would do a post. I wonder if this could be related to the temperatures that these SOC's run at, thus the CPU being throttled down? Probably would be a big idea for me to put a decent heatsink onto the SOC to give me better thermal temperatures?

Cheers

First of all, just wanted to say thanks for the hard work that you have put into LE for S912.

I just wondered if someone could give me some input on how these boxes should perform with transcoding audio?

Basically, I have two of these boxes plugged into Samsung 4K TV's. There is an Onkyo Amp plugged in via HDMI ARC, but unfortunately the Amp is only capable of HD so if I plugged the TV Box in directly then I would loose 4K resolution. Therefore I rely on HDMI ARC through the TV Box, I have Kodi setup to Transcode everything into Dolby Digital so we can at least enjoy 5.1 on content we watch.

I just wondered though, is the S912 capable of playing back UHD HEVC content and being able to transcode HD Audio such as DTS-MA or TrueHD into 5.1 Dolby Digital, or would it struggle?

Obviously if a film has multiple audio tracks you could always choose regular DTS (which I imagine would be less intensive to transcode than HD Audio) or even Dolby Digital, but I just want the process to be as easy and straight forward as possible for the household. From what I can see, it doesn't seem that you can tell Kodi to prefer AC3/DTS over other audio formats first, which is a shame.

Hope that all makes sense?

Thanks