[S905X] Unknown WLAN chip

• It should be already supported by mt7601u driver included in my builds.

I tried again, but not working, wifi does not appear in LibreELEC.

Code
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

[  247.124029@3] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd
    [  247.394006@3] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=148f, idProduct=7601
    [  247.394121@3] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [  247.394196@3] usb 1-1: Product: 802.11 n WLAN
    [  247.394266@3] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 1.0
  • Code
    alias usb:v148Fp7601d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* mt7601usta

In other words: pasting a small part of log is not useful at all. The line above shows that your device should be supported by mt7601usta kernel module. I can't help further.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM).

• Code
    alias usb:v148Fp7601d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* mt7601usta

In other words: pasting a small part of log is not useful at all. The line above shows that your device should be supported by mt7601usta kernel module. I can't help further.

Thank you for your help, it works, we using an old LE version.

Edited once, last by djnice (May 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM).

• If you want to check yourself, install Terminal Emulator 1.0.70 by Jack Palevich and type "su" (accept root privilege) and "lsmod" when connected to wlan in Android. It is possible that multiple versions of this golden box exist.

Mine also uses 9082xs

• It's not a single file, it should be a folder with 9082xs kernel driver source code. 9082xs.so from your shared folder is the kernel module that we need sources for. :)

Hi kszaq

I just received driver for 9082xs from the chinese engeneers.

Can you add it to the distribution?

I have S905X with that chip and I can check it if it works ...

I attached what they sent

It's an archive. There is a file around the driver named "Porting Guide.doc". I think you should replace a 3-4 files.

if there is a problem, I'll write them

best regards

• The driver in archive you provided is in binary format - it is a kernel module and cannot be used. We need the driver source code or at least an object file, e.g. 9082xs.o but in the second case it may still not work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Kszaq, you are the man when it comes to all things linux.
    When the time comes, I will also be available for testing of this 9082xs chip. T95X 2g/8g

• Tried it on the "Akaso" box; wrote the image to a spare microsd card and replaced the device tree with gxl_p212_1g.dtb. Libreelec boots, resizes the partition, reboots and freezes after showing the Kodi splash screen. Does not react to the power button or remote inputs. After power cycle libreelec boots, but always gets stuck on the Kodi splash screen.

With the default dtb.img the card will not boot at all.

• Thank you for testing. I included the prebuilt module in this build and set kernel options so that it can load (preempt kernel) but it failed for me with kernel panic. I thought that it was because I had a different WiFi chip but it looks like the prebuilt module is the cause and we cannot use it.

• I also have a Tanix TX3 Pro. Is there anything I can do to get the wifi working on this box?

My last batch of boxes worked fine, but I see on these forums that they upgraded their wifi chip and now is incompatible?