Cubox-i4 Pro

• I had to select "trust and pair" or something like that when connecting bt speaker. First I selected pair and it didn't connect. After reboot and using different option it works.

Tests were done with LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1.img.gz image.

With this image I have a blank screen instead of menu when movie ends :(
    I will probably need to start from scratch using spare flash card.
    Thanks!

• With this image I have a blank screen instead of menu when movie ends :(

Strange.
    Can you make one fresh sd card and test that. And also official image? In image above I made few changes regarding making pictures thumbs. Maybe something went wrong (even if I don't see anything).

Edited once, last by vpeter (May 7, 2017 at 8:46 AM).

• Can you make one fresh sd card and test that. And also official image? In image above I made few changes regarding making pictures thumbs. Maybe something went wrong (even if I don't see anything).

With clean install and your image the issue with end-of-movie seems to be gone.
    Situation with BT is the same as before.

Edited once, last by AndrewZ (May 7, 2017 at 11:53 AM).

• some relevant dmesg output:

Code
    [ 2190.315602] hid-generic 0005:04E8:2080.0004: unknown main item tag 0x0
    [ 2190.316580] input: Samsung Wireless Keyboard as /devices/soc0/soc/2100000.aips-bus/21f0000.serial/tty/ttymxc3/hci0/hci0:11/0005:04E8:2080.0004/input/input7
    [ 2190.320344] hid-generic 0005:04E8:2080.0004: input,hidraw0: BLUETOOTH HID v19.01 Keyboard [Samsung Wireless Keyboard] on 43:30:a0:00:00:00

Googling for "unknown main item tag 0x0" gives me some results but without solution.

I'm thinking about a workaround: keyboard works fine with TV, TV can talk CEC to LibreELEC box; as I recall it was even possible to use arrow keys to navigate, but not the rest of keyboard (letters, etc). Should it work in full by implementing some key mapping in LibreELEC ?
    Thanks!

• Should it work in full by implementing some key mapping in LibreELEC ?

Probably. But I don't have such experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to ask if someone can try image below? It has 2 major changes:
    1.) switched to galcore v5 on linux 4.4 and now images/thumbnails works
    2.) default ethernet speed is set to 100 mbit/s because this always works reliable. If someone wants gigabit speed line

Code
    #forcegbit_arg=fec.forcegbit=1

must be uncomment in uEnv.txt file and reboot.
    If this all goes well it will be included in LibreELEC 8.0.2. But without more broader testing things like this can be problematic.

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1-100mbits.img.gz
    LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1-sr-3.14-100mbits.img.gz

• Would try to test it this evening if I can find another sdcard... I use the "official" libreelec 8.0.1. The problem I have occur after some day of uptime. After a freshboot, watching movie or accessing the box via network work great. But after some day, reading movie become almost impossible (too slow), network hangs... And if I let it like that more day, the box do not respond no more...
    So I'll try your image this evening.
    Thanks.

Edited once, last by vpeter (May 10, 2017 at 4:06 PM).

• I would like to ask if someone can try image below? It has 2 major changes:
    1.) switched to galcore v5 on linux 4.4 and now images/thumbnails works
    2.) default ethernet speed is set to 100 mbit/s because this always works reliable.
    If this all goes well it will be included in LibreELEC 8.0.2. But without more broader testing things like this can be problematic.

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1-100mbits.img.gz

Not sure what is/was the issue with images/thumbnails, but generally this 4.4-based image works fine for me.

• Official Post

A possible simple question. I'm currently running 7.9.010 on my cubox-i with /storage on an esata SSD, I've tried 8.02 on a normal SD card setup without any issues, so I'd like to upgrade.

The question is - will an upgrade work seamlessly, or will the upgrade put /storage back onto the SD card, meaning I have to manipulate everything again. (Will the upgrade modify uEnv.txt?)

Yes, I could just try but the cubox-i is hidden inside a false HiFi cabinet without easy access, so if anyone knows, it would make life a lot easier.