S905 builds - general discussion

• That is because this device does not have RTC on board and you have to wait until NTP server replies with proper time to your software timer in device software.

Yeah. Still wondering if some kind of "waiting" or a manual set for date/time is possible. On ubuntu i can use ntpd to do a manual query for a given timeserver, on LE there is no ntpd.

• willyfan Thank you for the logs. And sorry to say that your WiFi chip is not supported even in the latest drivers released 2 days ago by Amlogic. I will try to add it manually but not for the next build - a test build soon after I upload the next version?

Thanks kszaq, in the meantime I'm testing all wired. I'm using a old wifi extender with a ethernet connection, it work (I have the router far from my home, in the office two floor up...).
    Tomorrow, I want test with my equipment 4K video play (I have a 4K monitor) and HD audios, like DTS Master audio and dolby true HD.
    I don't know if multichannel PCM audio work, I will try. I have some bluray images of audio disk (pink floyd and others) with HD multichannel 96/24 PCM audios, I hope it work.

• Yeah. Still wondering if some kind of "waiting" or a manual set for date/time is possible. On ubuntu i can use ntpd to do a manual query for a given timeserver, on LE there is no ntpd.

You may need a working ntpdate indeed to query time once network can reach ntp server.
    Perhaps you can get one from arm64 ubuntu.

• Can't you set a ntp server in the LibreELEC setting, network, timeserver?

Or am I talking rubbish.

I guess that one is taking place when kodi has already been started. Of course i added a timeserver in config.
    [hr]
    Another thing i found browsing a debug log:

01:00:12 T:548217266176 NOTICE: FFmpeg version: 2.8.6
    01:00:12 T:548217266176 NOTICE: WARNING: unsupported ffmpeg version detected

Can i change that one myself or has it to be included in next LE build?

Edited once, last by azido (August 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM).

• hes not finished, the build is ready but updating instructions are different because of device trees. So just wait he will update eveything on the s905 image thread.
    [hr]

Hi there,

it seems my box is resetting date/time to 01.01.1970 01:00 am on every cold boot and after some time (betweet 30 secs and a minute) it gets the correct date/time when it has an established network connection. This also happens on Android. Problem with this is that Kodi tries to connect to my Mysql-Server with that incorrect time/date and cannot get through, and so i have no database on Kodi startup. I'll have to wait until the correct time/date are displayed in Kodi and then do a warm reboot to get my Mysql-connection working.

Is there anything i could add to autostart.sh to set/read the correct time/date before Kodi reads my advancedsettings.xml ? Or a pause setting? I want to make sure my wife can use Kodi without rebooting several times

(Wait for network setting doesn't do the trick as the network is available right from the start, it must be the time/date setting and i can reproduce that problem)

i had this issue, just enable 'Wait for network before starting Kodi". This can be found under Network in the libreelec settings, this is different from Kodi network settings. I set my max wait time to 120 seconds which is the amount of seconds my network needs to come online after a power outage. This has no effect on boot time if my network is already online, Kodi still boots within 30 seconds.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 20, 2016 at 10:57 PM).

• hes not finished, the build is ready but updating instructions are different because of device trees. So just wait he will update eveything on the s905 image thread.

7.002.006 is up now - and assuming the update process is the usual one (img.gz in /storage/.update) it updates on my minimxiii (on sd card) but doesn't boot. It stops at the Beelink boot screen.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 20, 2016 at 11:16 PM).

• I've made a quick test on 006 but haven't found any improvement but the 4k playback is broken.
    I mean the 4k video is OK but the GUI is in the bottom left corner only. (GUI res:1080p60, 4k playback)

Also if I choose GUI resolution 2160p 50Hz or 2160P 60Hz then it shows only quarter screen GUI. 24, 25 and 30Hz are OK.

Edited once, last by Pelican (August 20, 2016 at 11:30 PM).

• New build posted in separate thread: if you rushed your update and your device doesn't boot - fear not, look for Updating SD card release instructions there.

And remember that this thread is for chit-chat, if you want to post a bug look for a thread that already mentions that bug or create a new one so that other people can find it easier in the future!

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 21, 2016 at 2:02 AM).