S905 builds - general discussion

• I can also see that Amlogic uploaded new sources to their Openlinux site, I will see if we can use the latest drivers. [emoji56]

Hi,

new kernel source is the same as openwetek one without commits after Jul 1.

regards,

Edited once, last by gcsuri (August 19, 2016 at 6:01 PM).

• I have already included the patch for the next build, just noticed it at SPMC today morning. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Hi kszaq,
    I have been waiting for ur s905 build for mxq pro with wifi driver 8189 ftv which u said will be done .pls advise..thanks

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• I have the same problem with same device. We need wait for a new build.

Without logs I can't promise the driver will be there as I don't know what's the WiFi chip inside device. As I'm finishing work on a next release your WiFi will probably still not work.

I have been waiting for ur s905 build for mxq pro with wifi driver 8189 ftv which u said will be done .pls advise..thanks

I plan to release the build this week.
    [hr]

new kernel source is the same as openwetek one without commits after Jul 1.

I meant the drivers. I included WiFi and NAND driver updates. :)

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM).

• No rush, better polish this release and add and test as much features you can instead of releasing something crappy. Build 005 is really good except reboot issues in my case. Remove slowely all spotted bugs becsuse there is no rush - next kodi build is far away.

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (August 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM).

• Without logs I can't promise the driver will be there as I don't know what's the WiFi chip inside device. As I'm finishing work on a next release your WiFi will probably still not work.

I understand, I will wait for release after...
    How I can test what wifi chip there is inside? And what kind of log you need?
    [hr]
    If is useful, I found this info about wifi:
    dhd; IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; Broadcom 4329/30; AP Mode

Edited once, last by willyfan (August 19, 2016 at 9:37 PM).

• Please give me a result of the following commands:

Code
    cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/device; cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/vendor
    lsusb -v

[hr]
    In Libre Elec by SSH

Edited once, last by willyfan (August 19, 2016 at 11:18 PM).

• willyfan Thank you for the logs. And sorry to say that your WiFi chip is not supported even in the latest drivers released 2 days ago by Amlogic. I will try to add it manually but not for the next build - a test build soon after I upload the next version?

• Hi there,

it seems my box is resetting date/time to 01.01.1970 01:00 am on every cold boot and after some time (betweet 30 secs and a minute) it gets the correct date/time when it has an established network connection. This also happens on Android. Problem with this is that Kodi tries to connect to my Mysql-Server with that incorrect time/date and cannot get through, and so i have no database on Kodi startup. I'll have to wait until the correct time/date are displayed in Kodi and then do a warm reboot to get my Mysql-connection working.

Is there anything i could add to autostart.sh to set/read the correct time/date before Kodi reads my advancedsettings.xml ? Or a pause setting? I want to make sure my wife can use Kodi without rebooting several times ;)

(Wait for network setting doesn't do the trick as the network is available right from the start, it must be the time/date setting and i can reproduce that problem)

• I realized the reboot function does not work on
    my box, neither while using the remote nor the
    app Yatse.

Is that a general bug or just a problem on my side?

• willyfan Thank you for the logs. And sorry to say that your WiFi chip is not supported even in the latest drivers released 2 days ago by Amlogic. I will try to add it manually but not for the next build - a test build soon after I upload the next version?

Thanks kszag. We are waiting for your new builds

• Hi there,

it seems my box is resetting date/time to 01.01.1970 01:00 am on every cold boot and after some time (betweet 30 secs and a minute) it gets the correct date/time when it has an established network connection. This also happens on Android. Problem with this is that Kodi tries to connect to my Mysql-Server with that incorrect time/date and cannot get through, and so i have no database on Kodi startup. I'll have to wait until the correct time/date are displayed in Kodi and then do a warm reboot to get my Mysql-connection working.

Is there anything i could add to autostart.sh to set/read the correct time/date before Kodi reads my advancedsettings.xml ? Or a pause setting? I want to make sure my wife can use Kodi without rebooting several times

(Wait for network setting doesn't do the trick as the network is available right from the start, it must be the time/date setting and i can reproduce that problem)

That is because this device does not have RTC on board and you have to wait until NTP server replies with proper time to your software timer in device software.