S905 builds - general discussion

• is there a possibility to modify autoscript_aml to do not modify env partition on NAND and just boot to libreelec?
    i just wish to experiment with LE on sd, but as i see it adds boot entry to bootloader config.

Unless you have a WeTek Hub the only way to boot without adding a boot entry would be to use toothpick method every time you boot and of course a proper autoscript. You may also need to know that changes to env can be reverted any time to default values by executing defenv; saveenv over serial console or in autoscript.
    [hr]

2. How do I turn off the WiFi modules? I do not want to have them on, while not needed.

First check your module name using lsmod and blacklist that module.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 18, 2016 at 9:46 PM).

• Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Network. There, you can turn off the wireless network.
    Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Connections. There, you can click on the Wired connection, then select Edit -> IPv4 -> IP Address
    Method
    to edit the IP

As for the library, I had that as well when I was moving to MySQL. I removed and added all the sources again. Try removing the sources.xml file, then removing the Movies file location, restarting LibreELEC, then adding it back again.

Thanks, the first two things helped.

Regarding the source scanning I was not successful. I did everything you said, even activated NFS on that directory to try that way, but it stays the same: It always scans the first file/movie and then stops and goes directly to cleaning. :\

• Regarding the source scanning I was not successful. I did everything you said, even activated NFS on that directory to try that way, but it stays the same: It always scans the first file/movie and then stops and goes directly to cleaning. :\

How is your media organized? Is it organized in folders? I use TinyMediaManager to set things up so it goes by using the same scraper as Kodi.
    I had it all set up and working properly before (using local SD as storage for cached items) before I went to the MySQL database setup. I had the same problem, where I removed and cleaned up the database, removing all the entries. When I added the same share back (NFS), it didn't add the movies back but TV Shows were no problem.

• Gpu memory fix from popcornmix, which might help with the memory leak. Trying to find his github changes.

Wrxtasy added the patch to his c2 LE7 port.

GPU memory usage

Thank you for finding this! I will add the patch for the next build, backporting should be trivial.

A new build is almost ready, I only need to prepare device trees for your devices as the new kernel needs some changes and we can't use device tree from internal memory.

I can also see that Amlogic uploaded new sources to their Openlinux site, I will see if we can use the latest drivers. [emoji56]

• Unless you have a WeTek Hub the only way to boot without adding a boot entry would be to use toothpick method every time you boot and of course a proper autoscript. You may also need to know that changes to env can be reverted any time to default values by executing defenv; saveenv over serial console or in autoscript.

hm,
    ok
    then i will dump entire env partition before installation on SD, so in case if i will decide to roll back i will able to do so.

Thanks man.
    Excelent work.
    dtb file of my device ripped from original android i posted on dedicated thread as you asked

Edited once, last by NineX (August 19, 2016 at 6:55 AM).

• Dear friends,
    I have a box named KII Pro, Amlogic s905 based.
    I apologize for my naivety, is the first time in this world...
    Anyway, the box come with an Android ROM with Kodi preinstalled, but (as i read in many forums) kodi have some problem with DTS audios in passtrough on S905.
    So, I discovered LibreElec. Thanks to all for this work (expecially to kszaq..).
    I tried to install LibreElec on my KII Pro. No problem with installation, very easy. With LibreElec, DTS audio is perfect, and also TruieHD and DTS Master audio are working (tested on onkyo pre amplifier). But I have 2 main issue: the biggest is that wifi don't work. Wired network work ok (tested in my office) and I can set and update the system, but wifi, despite i enable it, don't show any connection. Maybe, the KII have a different wifi chip, or driver? There are something to do? If useful, I have the original ROM for this BOX, but I don't know how sse what wifi driver is needed. There ia a way to have a log file? I guess that if wifi don't work some service don't start, right?
    Beside, the box have a (very well working) DVB-t e DVB-S built in. I read that actually are unsupported, but if I can do something for help the develop, please let me know, I will very happy to do this.
    [EDIT] I forgot, there is a minor issue when I reboot the system by remote. It shutdown but don't change the colour of LED light, and for restart i must disconnect the power.

Edited once, last by willyfan (August 19, 2016 at 9:15 AM).

• LibreELEC
    Guy worked on KI above link.
    Power off issue happens after 002 builds.
    Wifi drivers up to kszaq new future release.

• How is your media organized? Is it organized in folders? I use TinyMediaManager to set things up so it goes by using the same scraper as Kodi.
    I had it all set up and working properly before (using local SD as storage for cached items) before I went to the MySQL database setup. I had the same problem, where I removed and cleaned up the database, removing all the entries. When I added the same share back (NFS), it didn't add the movies back but TV Shows were no problem.

Well, I have it really simple, to be honest. On my NAS
    I have a directory called Video with two more in it, TV
    and mov:

Video

--- TV

--- mov

That is all. In Kodi/LibreELEC I just went to "add video"
    and used Windows (SMB) or Zeroconf Browser, added
    the path and that is all.

That worked the last two years fine with my two Raspberry
    Pis and Xbian, but now there seems to be a problem, I
    just cannot identify.

Especially, with TV working fine, but mov not. Really weird
    this is.

• You need to post a debug log of a library scan, otherwise it's just guesswork.