S905 builds - general discussion

• If there is no picture both in Android and Libreelec I would assume a hardware issue. Check if the HDMI socket is properly soldered.

Yeah, as I said, this was my first thought, as well, BUT there
    are really a lot of guys posting this on several YT videos and
    forum posts (even here some pages back) and the only solution
    up to now was to use 720p TV and then set it up there, but
    who has this stuff, anyway? :D

I still have a very old TV set, but, of course, it has no HDMI. :\

I thought, I could overcome this within Libreelec setting-wise
    then.

Btw, is the builds' creator on holiday or something like that?
    Maybe he has an idea/solution.

• No, no, just plain and clear: I have NEVER seen any screen on any setup, either Android or Libreelec. Both stayed black.

Can you get into recovery ? Can you see recovery screen menu ?
    If the answer is yes .
    Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION.

• Can you get into recovery ? Can you see recovery screen menu ?
    If the answer is yes .
    Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION.

How can I get into recovery? I can't see anything (black screen).

The TV is FullHD and cannot show lower resolutions like the TV box is set to (either Android or Libreelec).

• How can I get into recovery? I can't see anything (black screen).

The TV is FullHD and cannot show lower resolutions like the TV box is set to (either Android or Libreelec).

Hi, I bet you are getting a bit peed off by now.

My last idea would be to ask a member on this forum with the exact box, to create the image on an SD card, plug it into their box just to check it shows up, & then post it to you.

• How can I get into recovery? I can't see anything (black screen).

All TVs I have seen CAN show lower resolutions. Problem is in TV box.

• Are you sure you don't need something like this? The OTT MXQ Pro has an AV slot, just not your traditional RCA AV setup

SODIAL(R) 4.9ft Long 3.5mm Jack to 3 RCA Male Adapter AV Extension Cable for TV VCD DVD: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Sadly, I'm one of those that have a 720p tv still. I even have a 480p plasma.
    There are many 32" tv's that are 720p, and some smaller tv's are also 720p.
    I'm thinking there is something wrong with your HDMI port.

• The TV is FullHD and cannot show lower resolutions like the TV box is set to (either Android or Libreelec).

That sounds a bit odd - though I'm no expert.
    Are you sure? All my TV's can show multiple resolutions - equal to or lower than the max.

• Hi, I bet you are getting a bit peed off by now.

My last idea would be to ask a member on this forum with the exact box, to create the image on an SD card, plug it into their box just to check it shows up, & then post it to you.

Hm, that might be an idea, but who has exactly an OTT MXQ PRO with 905?
    [hr]

Are you sure? All my TV's can show multiple resolutions - equal to or lower than the max.

Well, yeah, I cannot be perfectly sure, that is right, BUT
    as I told, already, I have seen like over 20 posts/comments
    with exactly my issue and therefore I still have hope.
    [hr]

All TVs I have seen CAN show lower resolutions. Problem is in TV box.

See reply above.
    [hr]

Are you sure you don't need something like this? The OTT MXQ Pro has an AV slot, just not your traditional RCA AV setup

SODIAL(R) 4.9ft Long 3.5mm Jack to 3 RCA Male Adapter AV Extension Cable for TV VCD DVD: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Sadly, I'm one of those that have a 720p tv still. I even have a 480p plasma.
    There are many 32" tv's that are 720p, and some smaller tv's are also 720p.
    I'm thinking there is something wrong with your HDMI port.

I will search for a cable like this.
    [hr]

Yes, as I told before, on two occasions it was not showing
    the picture/screen because of the wrong Hz. It was set to
    60 or 50 and the TV set could not work it.

I does not need to be a resolution issue, but it could be also
    the Hz thing.

AND AGAIN: Even two users HERE in this thread had the same
    problem with the resolution/Hz and overcame it only by using
    a smaller TV set. So much to "all TVs also play lower resoutions".
    That is just not true in some/a lot of cases.

Edited once, last by sYCO (August 18, 2016 at 1:42 PM).

• If you only quote me once you'll have 1 less reply to make.

Can you link to the people with the same issue? I don't remember reading people had black screens in android, but it's getting to be a long thread.

• Yes, as I told before, on two occasions it was not showing
    the picture/screen because of the wrong Hz. It was set to
    60 or 50 and the TV set could not work it.

I does not need to be a resolution issue, but it could be also
    the Hz thing.

Mate i dont know what you are on about with 60 and 50 hz which is refresh rates. Your TV should cope with both.
    Furthermore your TV should cope with 480 720 and 1080p or i being interlaced.
    You have a faulty HDMI and that is where it ends. You cant even get a recovery screen to show so forget about resolution and HZ. Youre not getting a picture at all.
    Can you move this to a BUG post related to your box along with youtube links so we can at least see the other examples of this behaviour and how you claim it was resolved.

• is there a possibility to modify autoscript_aml to do not modify env partition on NAND and just boot to libreelec?
    i just wish to experiment with LE on sd, but as i see it adds boot entry to bootloader config.

• I am left now with three issues, I just cannot solve:

1. How do I change the IP? I went into LibreELEC/Kodi settings, but there I can only see, but not alter it.

2. How do I turn off the WiFi modules? I do not want to have them on, while not needed.

3. On my Synology NAS I have set up two folders, e.g. tv and mov. Both I have added as sources in LibreELEC/Kodi, but the scraper can only access/scrape the files in tv for TV SHOWS. When I am trying to scrape the files in mov for MOVIES it will not work. I clicked then on "show recent added movies" and it says "cannot access directory", but that is impossible, as the files are all accessible in the file manager, meaning I can find them all there and even click/play them. Both directories are lying besides each other and have the same rights, as far as the NAS is concerned.

• Err, I hesitate to say this go into android & check you have the network settings there correctly.

Then go into libreelec, libreelec settings, you should be able to enable & disable the wireless setting.

I'll assume you have set the correct content?

• Err, I hesitate to say this go into android & check you have the network settings there correctly.

Then go into libreelec, libreelec settings, you should be able to enable & disable the wireless setting.

I'll assume you have set the correct content?

Thanks, I have set in Android the new IP, but in LibreELEC it
    is still the old one although rebooting. Or do I have to do the
    toothpick thing again? How to find those LibreELEC settings,
    you spoke of?

Yes, for the folder I set the usual thing: movies and scraping
    with the moviedb or universal scraper. Both should do the
    work, but it does not work. TV series worked good.

• Thanks, I have set in Android the new IP, but in LibreELEC it
    you spoke of?

In confluence skin. system, in the submenu libreelec

• Thanks, I have set in Android the new IP, but in LibreELEC it
    you spoke of?

Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Network. There, you can turn off the wireless network.
    Settings -> LibreELEC settings -> Connections. There, you can click on the Wired connection, then select Edit -> IPv4 -> IP Address
    Method
    to edit the IP

As for the library, I had that as well when I was moving to MySQL. I removed and added all the sources again. Try removing the sources.xml file, then removing the Movies file location, restarting LibreELEC, then adding it back again.