S905 builds - general discussion

• Just wondering:

My router (Fritz.Box 7490) is able to tell me when a new client connects to the network. It does this as long as it don't get a fixed name in router setup. What was interesting about that: tried to boot up my android box several times yesterday, and on each boot it connects to the network with a different mac-adress.. this is the first time i ever saw a network client that changes it's mac adress on it's own, i thought that one should be a fixed and unique one?

Is this normal behaviour for LE installations, or is there something i should correct?

Normally i wouldn't mind, but for security reasons i'd like to have my network secured by only allowing specific mac-adresses, and this might break connection for the android tv box.

• thanks to kszaq my beelink mini III is now amazing, love it, just one question though, its not major just that its bugging me, lol, how do you change to the correct time, the date and time are correct but they show an hour behind, i take it because of summertime daylight saving etc but how nad where do i correct this, any help would be appreciated and thanks again kszaq

• thanks to kszaq my beelink mini III is now amazing, love it, just one question though, its not major just that its bugging me, lol, how do you change to the correct time, the date and time are correct but they show an hour behind, i take it because of summertime daylight saving etc but how nad where do i correct this, any help would be appreciated and thanks again kszaq

To change time, go to settings - skin - international section and chose your country, state, timezone.

• I fixed the link for you.

Search is your friend: LibreELEC

It seems that it should work. And as said in builds post, trying to run from SD won't break your box and will confirm if you can run my builds.

• k installed this on a mxq pro 1gb/8gb and a t95n mini m8s pro 2gb/8gb

Both flash and boot fine

i have the t95n running at the mo and seems spot on (i think a few buttons are not working but will get the keymap editor addon later and see if that will sort)

thank you kszaq

I have the same box, have you managed to remap the buttons? if so can you upload the remote.conf or maybe a tutorial on how to remap

• I know that no AliEx and Ebay links allowed - But which is the cheapest box that works well now?

T95N Mini M8S pro S905 2gb/8gb
    Not the Mini M8S II with the s905X chip runs Marshmalow which is GARBAGE.
    I've inherrited both boxes from novice kodi box buyers who want me to flash OE.
    The s905 is quite good value and i was surprised at the performance.
    The s905X is loaded with bug riddled OS. Not worth the pain for not a big gain.
    S905X OE not available yet.

• Hi kszaq,
    i have mini M8S that build a s905 with 2gbram, what i have to do after downloaded mounted the image .gz with rufus??
    i put the sd in the tvbox connect the AC but nothing succeed...????help me please

• To change time, go to settings - skin - international section and chose your country, state, timezone.

I had a similar problem, even though I had set the timezone to UK. I went into the LibreELEC config & added uk.pool.ntp.org that seems to have sorted it out.

• Hi kszaq,
    i have mini M8S that build a s905 with 2gbram, what i have to do after downloaded mounted the image .gz with rufus??
    i put the sd in the tvbox connect the AC but nothing succeed...????help me please

Use the toothpick method for first boot or just select a zip in the update app. Read post a few pages back that has all the details