S905 builds - general discussion

• What format is your SD card? It needs to be FAT32.

• Rufus and Win32diskimager set the sd card to FAT.
    Using either tool, i can't get my MXQ Pro 4k to load from SD.
    It boots to recovery, then states cannot load volume /misc
    I've tried apply update from EXT, but it cannot load the aml_autoscript file from the SD card.
    I've tried flashing s905_uboot_mxq_pro_4k.zip and it doesn't work either.
    Thinking this board just can't run anything from SD Card.
    [hr]

I'll look at that when I get back from work. Thanks.
    Could you please tell me what is this USB burning tool? Is it this tool? Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3

Yes, that is the USB burning tool.

Edited once, last by goofball (July 26, 2016 at 12:16 PM).

• Hi guys

First of all let me thank you all for the time spent allowing us to be able to use libreelec opensource on our android STB.

ok so i have bought a OTT TV BOX MXQ PRO S905 amlogic i made a backup of the remote.conf from the original android 5.1

and i have installed in NAND the LibreElec 7.0.2.4 latest version july 18.

it installed ok i have ethernet and wifi working but i have a GUI interface issue

1920 x 1080p not working i can only get screen working on 1280 x 720p

i am using tvheadend HTSPclient, and when i browse a channel and press OK for fullscreen i get a GUI interface issue not sure if this is common on this firmware version attached is the pic with the issue.

any ideas or hints on adjustment on the interface will be welcomed.

• Try unplug and replug DC with toothpick.

• Try turning off "Adjust display refresh rate" under settings/video/playback.

• Ok finally had time to try this on Tronsmart S95 Telos

It currantly is running OE from memory ( not SD ) ( bables ).......followed these instuctions

No, you have to apply aml_autoscript using toothpick method. If you don't want to lose your data, do the following:
    download NAND installation zip and unpack it to an SD card
    delete factory_update_param.aml from the card
    insert card to the box and apply toothpick method
    your box will boot to recovery - install the ZIP from recovery menu

Telos will not go into recovery mode with toothpic

( remove power insert toothpic in Fn hole on bottom ,keep pressed down ..apply power )

In fact ...tried it with no SD still will not go into recovery

Any Ideas ?

• You have to push toothpic button (hold it) from power on until the logo appears at least.

Yup did that ..keeps booting into OE ...held it down through boot screen till it went to Kodi
    [hr]
    I seriously doubt ....... but can I use the LE image to upadate the OE , by putting the LE .img in the update folder ( I know you can do LE to LE but not sure if you can do OE to LE )

Edited once, last by ute (July 27, 2016 at 1:37 AM).

• Yup did that ..keeps booting into OE ...held it down through boot screen till it went to Kodi
    [hr]
    I seriously doubt ....... but can I use the LE image to upadate the OE , by putting the LE .img in the update folder ( I know you can do LE to LE but not sure if you can do OE to LE )

For my mk808b, I did upgrade OE to LE using the update method.

• I'll look at that when I get back from work. Thanks.
    Could you please tell me what is this USB burning tool? Is it this tool? Download Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3

Ok...so I think there is a problem. I've checked reset button and it looks soldered for me. I found some mark on the motherboard: MXQPRO_V2.1_20151209. But still this button doesn't do anything. Which is a problem because as far I undestand I have to boot device in the recovery mode to use USB Burning Tool. Isnt' that right? Because at the moment this tool can't see my device (I did install drivers during tool instalation). Each tutorial I found says about recovery mode...and that doesn't exists. Is there anything more I could do or should I just trow it away and forget about it?

• Ok...so I think there is a problem. I've checked reset button and it looks soldered for me. I found some mark on the motherboard: MXQPRO_V2.1_20151209. But still this button doesn't do anything. Which is a problem because as far I undestand I have to boot device in the recovery mode to use USB Burning Tool. Isnt' that right? Because at the moment this tool can't see my device (I did install drivers during tool instalation). Each tutorial I found says about recovery mode...and that doesn't exists. Is there anything more I could do or should I just trow it away and forget about it?

You can install using the backup and upgrade thats the only way it worked for me but to reboot into recovery with android use adb and type in reboot recovery. Need to be rooted to use ad b.

As for the burning tool no you do not need recover. All i have to do is start the app on my computer load the image and click start, then plug in the usb cable into the box. You don't need power the usb port will power the box during flash.

• k installed this on a mxq pro 1gb/8gb and a t95n mini m8s pro 2gb/8gb

Both flash and boot fine

i have the t95n running at the mo and seems spot on (i think a few buttons are not working but will get the keymap editor addon later and see if that will sort)

thank you kszaq

Hi could you post link to image to flash t95n please