S905 builds - general discussion

• This has never happened on my MiniMX. Can you please collect a log when this happens on LE and post it here?

@all with the MiniMXIII what are your cpu temps like under heavy load with LE? Curious to know if it may need some modification to keep it cooler since i plan to hide it behind my TV with poor ventilation.

To lower CPU temperature you can use hotplug CPU governor and/or lower maximum CPU frequency.

i think once we got to recevery menu the previous toothpick aml_autoscript has been reset, cmiiw

Whenever you chose "reboot to recovery" (or execute reboot recovery over SSH/adb) the box reboots and executes aml_autoscript if it's present. My autoscripts resets all previously set variables to default before executing other commands.

I've attached the debug log here, could you please have a look to see anything can be improved, thanks!

Thank you for the log. I'll have a look.

it seems that audio passthrough is not working on live TV (works for movies or tv shows). The sound is supposed to be ac3 5.1 or 2.0.

Is it DD or DD+? I don't think DD+ is working, not yet.

The reboot/suspend issue with WiFi is it just on the Mini MX or generic issue with all boxes?

It is an issue with boxes using Broadcom WiFi (AP6xxx).

Everyone: 7.0.2.003 is up, I'll post changelog and sources later today. The changes are related to 4K HEVC playback, 4K output and there are small performance tweaks: 7.0.2.003

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 13, 2016 at 8:28 AM).

• 7.0.2.003 Work-in-progress build 003

Commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 7.0.2.002...7.0.2.003 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 224b4bc...9ed7c5b · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• kernel video decoder (amports) updated to 2016-05-04 Amlogic release for improved HEVC playback and better memory management
    • 4K HEVC playback parameters tweaked to minimize out of memory issues - most of my 4K HEVC samples play fine now!
    • added 4K output patch from wrxtasy - this should fix 4K output (not tested!)
    • tweaked SquashFS kernel options for improved boot time
    • added HPD disable patch (based on Odroid-C2) to fix a boot issue when TV is turned off
    • further small adjustments in Broadcom WiFi driver to improve performance a little bit and fix some suspend issues (not fully fixed yet!)
    • added Bluetooth Audio fix thanks to @dcervi
    • minor improvements in build tree (see GitHub changelog)
  • Hello everyone,
    sorry for the English.
    I have applied the firmware on a Mxqpro of Nexbox. NEXBOX MXQ PRO TV Box 64Bit Android 5.1-28.31 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
    I put on a pen drive 3 files: aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002-update.zip

So I turned on (by pressing av) and I am entered in the menu.
    I put in the box (port usb) the pendrive.
    I chose udisk, then LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002-update.zip

the installation is ok, except mount /misc and android logo "red failure"

then reboot and the system is debug mode

Code
    Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem

I used for the procedure a pendrive on usb port.

I something wrong?

thanks

Edited once, last by forzalimone (July 13, 2016 at 9:28 AM).

• Hello ppl!!Kszaq thank you for your great work!!

I have a Beelink M18, I tried several times to install on sd card with toothpick method but I always get the usual error (SH: can't access tty job).
    1)Turn of device
    2)Put SD card
    3.i)Pressing reset while holding power button and insert power plug device does not turn on
    3.ii)Insert power plug, pressing reset button and then I press device power button, it boots to libreelec logo and then the "SH: can't access tty job error"

I even logged to android, rebooted to recovery, but then I do not know what to do next in order to install on sd card without loosing my nand android installation.

PS. I have succesfully installed LE on 2 mk808b plus devices and openelec on some other android devices using toothpick method

Can pleaseeeeeeee someone suggest any alternative method to install on sd card? Or any detailed toothpick method on how to install LE on SD?

• can i just say thank you so much for working hard on the s905 and fast i might add . is there any chance the 3d from somc can be put in as iso 3d doesnt show proper . thanx

• So I turned on (by pressing av) and I am entered in the menu.
    I put in the box (port usb) the pendrive.
    I chose udisk, then LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.002-update.zip

Insert pendrive first and then turn on with the button pressed.

I even logged to android, rebooted to recovery, but then I do not know what to do next in order to install on sd card without loosing my nand android installation.

Try booting to Android, insert SD card with LE and then reboot to recovery. I have updated the first post to include this.

• kszaq

See logs link 1 is the log i took when ethernet was not recognised after a cold start. I then had to connect to wifi first and then smb to logs and copy the zip.

I then enabled Debug Logging and re booted.

The bloody thing connected to Ethernet. It usually doesn’t do that if I’m in LE after the loss of ethernet i have to go into Android as i explained before.

Link 2 is the log after reboot with debugging enabled and ethernet came back.

Sorry about this it is has now developed a schizophrenic disorder.

Log 1 MEGA

Log 2 MEGA
    [hr]
    Log 3 MEGA

Log 3 above taken after a cold boot and it hooked up to wifi.
    Ethernet was plugged in of course but wifi was also enabled so it was connected to my network via wifi only.
    I went into LE Settings and Ethernet was not in the menu as an option to turn it on.
    I disabled wifi then turned on enable event logging and enabled debug logging as well.

I then hit reboot from the power menu and when box came back on NO ETHERNET and of course no wifi as i disabled it before reboot.
    I turned wifi back on and took log number 4 below

Log 4 MEGA

After log 4 with wifi still connected and debug logging still running i did a reboot
    and when it booted up the ethernet was still not connected.

Log 5 taken: MEGA

I tried reboot again 3 times but it refused ethernet connection.

I persisted this time with power off and the 3rd try with using power off got ethernet connected. Log below.

Log 6 MEGA

Sorry kszaq this wifi thing is the devil bug.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM).

• Does the same channel play well if you connect to an external PVR server - like you said you watch channels from TVHeadend server from your Rpi? Can you also provide a log collected after playing a few seconds of that channel? I can't promise I'll help as DVB is a bit black magic to me.

...I`ll post the logs here tomorrow, when I`m back home again.

Commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 7.0.2.002...7.0.2.003 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.002 to 7.0.2.003: Comparing 224b4bc...9ed7c5b · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• kernel video decoder (amports) updated to 2016-05-04 Amlogic release for improved HEVC playback and better memory management
    • 4K HEVC playback parameters tweaked to minimize out of memory issues - most of my 4K HEVC samples play fine now!
    • added HPD disable patch (based on Odroid-C2) to fix a boot issue when TV is turned off
    • further small adjustments in Broadcom WiFi driver to improve performance a little bit and fix some suspend issues (not fully fixed yet!)

Does this build also include the fixed remote remapping or do i still need to use my remote.conf?

• Try booting to Android, insert SD card with LE and then reboot to recovery. I have updated the first post to include this.

Ok, I fixed it about like you suggested!!What I did, was when it booted to recovery, I selected reboot and then I pressed the reset button and voila, it started installing LE.

Only issue at the moment is with Harmony Remote..Any suggestions?

Thanx again kszaq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Great improvement on memory Recovery kszaq
    Memory during playback I'm not too sure as I've done a comparison using s905 2gb new box i just got.

Compared to Android which i run SPMC i played a large x265 stream and i can report the Android SPMC
    has really bad memory recovery after playback. It went from using 39% during playback to 35% after stopping
    the stream.
    LE same stream memory usage about the same 38% during playback but dropped to 20% when stream was stopped.

• kszaq : on 002 I didn't have audio using AudioPassthrough on live TV using PVR.TVH client with DD (not +) audio tracks (2.0 or 5.1). I will try again with the latest build but I won't be able to do so for a few days.

• I am too sorry. How I can add manualy my avalink avl6862 dvb-s2 driver to 7.0.2.003. I can not watch live tv from vdr or tvheadend. Please someone help me.

Changelog:

Tested 4k output and it worked. (It was only the bottom left quarter in the 002 version).
    CEC works fine.
    Issues:
    No PCM multichannel PT.
    No AAC multichannel PT, even Kodi freezes and restarts if I try to play one.
    No DD+ PT
    H264 plays fine until 90-100 Mbps some sample video like Taipei fireworks 100Mbps stops frequently
    HEVC and HEVC 10 bit plays very badly (stops every 2seconds)

Edited once, last by Pelican (July 13, 2016 at 5:38 PM).