Posts by Gasoliner

I installed LE on a Beelink M18 (S905/2GB/16GB) and it's running good and very stable.
    I only want to notice 2 problems I have:

1. As other users, I also have problems with HDMI negotiation. My device is conected to a TV through a receiver. The TV is a little old Panasonic plasma and it's not FULL HD, but it accepts 1080p signals. So I usually configure KODI to 1920x1080/50 and it works ok with other devices (e.g. a S805/MXQ clone with LE). But if I do that with the M18/LE, I always have problems when I disconnect and connect the device from the TV. Each time I swicth off/on, the resolution changes and the image gets distorted. The only resolution that doesn't change is 1280x720/60.

2. I use MySQL for my music/video libraries. The server is a Win10 machine and it's always on, with some KODI clients accesing the database. After installing LE on the M18 I have to reboot the device many times (sometimes only 2 times, sometimes even 8 times) to get connected to the database. Most of the times, in the log there are messages like this: "ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.101' (101))". I tried enabling the LE option "wait for network before start", but nothing changes. I've raised the wait time from 10 to 25 seconds, but it does nothing. The device is connected by cable (no WiFi) like the other devices (all the others work perfect).

I hope it can help to improve these fantastic builds. Thanks.

About question 2

Go to LE configuration/network/wait for network before Kodi starts, and set it to 10"

Had the same problem

Edit:just saw that you already tried that..Have no clue now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello again!
    So, the problem is with remote now. I have installed LE on sd, it successfully copied the remote.conf from android nand, but the remote is not working neither does cec. I have already copied again the remote.conf myself from android to sd card but without success. The kern.log is different from the usual log so I could upload it?

PS.In NAND android everything works well

Using Beelink M18 android box

Thank you ppl!!

Try booting to Android, insert SD card with LE and then reboot to recovery. I have updated the first post to include this.

Ok, I fixed it about like you suggested!!What I did, was when it booted to recovery, I selected reboot and then I pressed the reset button and voila, it started installing LE.

Only issue at the moment is with Harmony Remote..Any suggestions?

Thanx again kszaq

Hello ppl!!Kszaq thank you for your great work!!

I have a Beelink M18, I tried several times to install on sd card with toothpick method but I always get the usual error (SH: can't access tty job).
    1)Turn of device
    2)Put SD card
    3.i)Pressing reset while holding power button and insert power plug device does not turn on
    3.ii)Insert power plug, pressing reset button and then I press device power button, it boots to libreelec logo and then the "SH: can't access tty job error"

I even logged to android, rebooted to recovery, but then I do not know what to do next in order to install on sd card without loosing my nand android installation.

PS. I have succesfully installed LE on 2 mk808b plus devices and openelec on some other android devices using toothpick method

Can pleaseeeeeeee someone suggest any alternative method to install on sd card? Or any detailed toothpick method on how to install LE on SD?