S905 builds - general discussion

• Hi all. What are your recommendations on the fastest s905 that will run LibreELEC. Looking for a box with 2gb ram and 16gb memory. Thanks.
    Currently using MXQ M12 s805. Very happy with it. Just wondering if there is something faster.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 6, 2016 at 4:02 PM).

• Has this project been moved somewhere else? IIRC there have been download links on the first page and installation instructions but now they are all gone, I cannot find them anymore :(

• How about this box?
    SPECIFICATIONS
    HARDWARE
    Processor: Quad-Core Cortex A53 S905 Processor
    GPU: Penta Core Mali-450 GPU
    Memory: 2GB DDR3
    Flash Memory: 8GB

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (October 8, 2016 at 4:37 AM).

• hi guys i was wondering if anyone could point me to a working t95 2gb ram box dbt file?,i have downloaded the generic 2gb 100m from provided list i was wondering if anyone could confirm it works? if not is there a working one.
    i take delivery of the t95 on monday i was hoping to have an sd card ready to go for its arrival
    cheers
    gaz

• i'm having some issues with my remote of the T95-max. This is the remote:

azido can i ask if you have this t95 Max 2gb 32gb working ?
    I have been given one of these to put LE on SD card
    But i have never seen one of these boxes before.
    Device tree used / Version of LE is my query and that remote is not one I've seen either.
    Thanks.

• How about this box? Will it work with LE. Im pretty sure it will from my research.

• Hi,

I bought a unit which says MXQplus on the case. It is advertised as a Transpeed s905, 1000M, 2GB, 8GB box.
    In Android, the build information states that it is a p201 build.

And indeed it will only boot into LE with the p201.dtb file. But with this file the box only has 815MB of Total RAM according to Kodi. While it is actually 2GB when checked in Android.

Is there a way to edit the .dtb file for it to map 2GB of RAM on my box? As the seller seems reluctant to supply the original firmware file. Although I'm still trying to convince them to share it.

Also how can I check in LE if the 1000M lan is working correctly and not as a 100M device?

Thank you very much (especially to kszaq for his hard work!) :D

P.S. I'm really enjoying this box with LE! :P

• azido can i ask if you have this t95 Max 2gb 32gb working ?
    I have been given one of these to put LE on SD card
    But i have never seen one of these boxes before.
    Device tree used / Version of LE is my query and that remote is not one I've seen either.
    Thanks.

Hi kostaman,

i'm running LE .007 version from kzsaq. I've supplied the device tree for version .006 to him and he prepared it for usage on the .006 build, you can find it here: gxbb_p200_2G_t95max.dtb

After that, i've updated the LE build to .007 without any change to the device tree.

The remote.conf of original android 5.1 on this box needs to be edited in order to make use of all keys.

• Connect to the box using ssh. Then use

Code
    ethtool eth0

Ok, it identifies as a 100M device. :(

But just as I posted my first comment, I received a download link for the firmware from my seller.
    I tried to simply copy it my current install on SD. But it fails to boot just like the non p201 dtb files. It hangs on the S905 logo.
    Am I doing something wrong or is the received dtb file incorrect?

Any tips? :huh: ;)