Invalid argument

• Hello everyone need help with rasberry pi2 running Libreelec 7.0.1, jarvis 16.1 when trying to connect via wifi i get network error invalid argument..is there a way to fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated

• I have a similar issue. I run 3 seperate Pi3 boxes and I have always in the past built one how i want, then image it and use that image for the other 2. After making an image and putting it on the second card. I can't connect to my wifi. However it was all set up and connected when I shut down to make the image.

I get the "Network Error Invalid Argument" as well.

I have plugged into a wired connection for now but any help would be wnderful.

• Hello everyone need help with rasberry pi2 running Libreelec 7.0.1, jarvis 16.1 when trying to connect via wifi i get network error invalid argument..is there a way to fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the same issue in version 7.0.2, but i dont even get the chance to enter the password, i get the "network error invalid argument" when i chose the wifi network, any network ive tried several wifi networks that are avaiable around me but still i just click on connect and get this error.

using pi3

• I had the same problem using a RPI3 and this is what i did to fix it.
    It was not the password or the chipset in my opinion, Also it was in Libreelec 7.0.2.
    I had to reset to the defaults by going to System/Internet Access and the option at the bottom of the page is Reset above settings to default.
    After the reset went to libreelec and connections and was able to put the password in.
    Hope this helps
    FYI i am very new to the RPI and different systems you can run with it.

• I had the same problem using a RPI3 and this is what i did to fix it.
    It was not the password or the chipset in my opinion, Also it was in Libreelec 7.0.2.
    I had to reset to the defaults by going to System/Internet Access and the option at the bottom of the page is Reset above settings to default.
    After the reset went to libreelec and connections and was able to put the password in.
    Hope this helps

I can confirm this. I installed the sdcard in one pi3 and tried to use the card in my "production" pi3.
    LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.2

What helps without resetting other settings is:

kodi:~/.cache/connman # ls -1
    ethernet_b827eb6461ba_cable
    settings
    wifi_b827ebbdb982_30363432313834363338_managed_psk
    kodi:~/.cache/connman # rm -R *
    kodi:~/.cache/connman # reboot

and set the wifi settings new.

Yes I have a "-" in my psk password.

HTH2

• Hello guys.
    Any help on this.
    I found Libreelec yesterday, and decided to try it out. Set up a raspberry pi (B+) with all that i needed using a lan cable and was surprised how fluid and fast it was, but was disappointed when connecting it with wifi. I just can't connect it. I get network error invalid arguments. My network is visible, but when i select it I get the error, can't even put the password.
    Using the latest build Libreelec 7.0.2.
    Any solution?

• I found it sometimes helps to disable the wireless network in libreelec-->network, reboot and re-enable the wireless network.
    easy to try and saves you from going back to default settings.

• I'm more than willing to give any data needed but I have kodi 17.1 and libreelec 8.0.1 and every time I try to connect to my network it say "Network Error- Operation Aborted" I just need to know what to supply you with and I'll get it

People need to go back and read post #8 again. No facts or technical data = No developer cares about the incomplete issue report.

• Another victim of this problem. Wrote the official Raspberry Pi 8.0.2 version to a microSD card, had fun at home (including connecting to my wireless network), took the pi to work, tried to connect to the wireless network and got the "Invalid argument" message just after selecting the ESSID and clicking on Connect (no password was asked). Had to resort to a Soft Reset (LibreELEC settings, System, Reset System Settings to Defaults), no trouble in connecting to the network after the Soft Reset reboot.

I am using the Rapberry Pi Zero W, wich has a CYW43438 wireless chip (same as the Raspberry 3). I downloaded the official LIbreELEC 8.0.2 image (LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0.2.img.gz), so the developers should know "which crappy wireless driver is involved". If not, give me instructions and I will gather the information. Could not SSH to get logs, as I was could not connect to the network.

• Go to Settings, Libreelec, Network.

Scroll down to Advanced Network Setting. Toggle 'Wait for network...' to ON.

(The fine print under this setting says it will ensure that the backend database is accessible to network utilities. I guess this is where password hashes are stored.)

Restart Kodi.

Return to Settings, Libre, Connections and choose a network. You should be prompted for a password.

• In my case this problem appeared when I had already a wifi set and wanted to change it for another one.

I solved it from the terminal:

LibreELEC:/etc # connmanctl

connmanctl> agent on

Agent registered

connmanctl> scan wifi

Scan completed for wifi

connmanctl> services

WIFI_SSID wifi_XXX_managed_psk

connmanctl> connect wifi_XXX_managed_psk

Agent RequestInput wifi_XXX_managed_psk

Passphrase = [ Type=psk, Requirement=mandatory, Alternates=[ WPS ] ]

WPS = [ Type=wpspin, Requirement=alternate ]

Entered the passphrase and it worked.

The problem was the agent on, apparently it was off...

• I'm confident there is a bug in the LE settings agent error handling code for a long time now, but as none of the staff appear to have hardware or USB dongles that exhibit the issue it remains unresolved. The LE settings add-on has its own dbus agent so the connmanctl console agent being off or on is irrelevant to the problem.