Posts by Armymitch

So a few weeks ago I updated from an older version of libreelec to 8.0.1. In the older version my wifi worked well. Some things happened and I had to leave break my lease before I ever got a chance to mess with the new update on my old wifi. Now I am trying to hook up to the wifi where I am staying currently and the system shows the wifi and every time that I type in the password I get "Network Error" "Operation Aborted". I have formatted my sd card and downloaded all of the OS again. I have turned off the wireless setting to reboot the hardware and turn it back on. I have triple checked the password and that the human error is not an issue. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have the option to plug into the Ethernet cable.

I'm more than willing to give any data needed but I have kodi 17.1 and libreelec 8.0.1 and every time I try to connect to my network it say "Network Error- Operation Aborted" I just need to know what to supply you with and I'll get it

People need to go back and read post #8 again. No facts or technical data = No developer cares about the incomplete issue report.

I am newer to libreelec as well and I have the update and I am having the same issue. You say a botched update and to reload it. Since I can't get onto the wifi do I have to use a PC to update it again or can it be done internally? It would be much preferred to be able to do it again from the device.

Sorry I'm pretty basic at this. Any details of what I need to do will unfortunately have to be explained to me.

Thank you in advance

Sounds like a botched LE update gone wrong.

Try a fresh installation of LibreELEC and retry.
    Also set the 'Wait for network' for 30 seconds (in the LE Settings addon).