Openvpn configuration addon

• Hi all,

I know libreelec now comes with openvpn built in. There seems to be little to no information available on how to get it working, other than a few random posts floating around the forums.

Can we get an 'OpenVPN' configuration addon in the libreelec official repo?

Lrusak's openvpn for openelec is absolutely perfect. To get it to work on libreelec you have to alter a few lines of code in the .py script to point it to libreelec directories etc...

This addon is great because it allows you to check your ip info and toggle vpn on/off using keymaps. I feel it's a must to be able to check your ip to see if openvpn is actually working. This addon simply uses 'curl ipinfo.io' and displays the info in a dialog when triggered in kodi.

There seems to be a few other addons floating around, but they don't seem to offer a simple way to check your ip without having to launch the addon and clicking a button

If we could get this added to the official repo it would be great. Along with some official documentation on how to easily configure openvpn.

Or perhaps even add this into the libreelec settings addon?

Cheers,
    Loggio.

Edited once, last by Loggio ().

• Documentation

All the OpenVPN documentation you need.

Thanks... But obviously that goes without saying...

Or perhaps not?

I'm talking about libreelec documentation, wiki etc.

Libreelec/openelec are designed to be a quick 'out of the box' experience, so to speak.

And my point, more or less, was in regards to a config addon that will make things a whole lot more 'user friendly' in this regard.

• At the moment there are no people in the LE team with the time (and perhaps also skill set) to create a separate and specialized config addon for setting up connections via OpenVPN. Should someone be willing to step up and create such an addon, we are more than happy to review their PRs.

Without such an addon, it would be pointless creating our own documentation when there is already a very detailed manual on the website URL you have been given.

• At the moment there are no people in the LE team with the time (and perhaps also skill set) to create a separate and specialized config addon for setting up connections via OpenVPN. Should someone be willing to step up and create such an addon, we are more than happy to review their PRs.

Without such an addon, it would be pointless creating our own documentation when there is already a very detailed manual on the website URL you have been given.

was able to use the VPN manager addon

Release 1.4.0: Added WiTopia, User Defined filtering changes, better addon filter ma… · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager · GitHub

it was very intuitive to set up.

works excellent

hope this is able to helps others

ASUS Chromebox

NUC7i5BNH

• thank you stuconners.
    from my macbook, i downloaded all three files from that url and dropped it onto a usb stick then plugged the stick into the side of my wetek core after powering the box off, first.
    then I powered wetek back on which loads up the usb/libreelec.
    from kodi i went to SETTINGS>ADDONS>INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE.
    kodi sees the files but doesn't install or execute them.
    is there a certain file I'm supposed to click on? tried many but to no avail. arghhh i'm almost there but am stuck!
    I've attached a pic so you can see what i see

• How do you get these links on the SD card then back to rasberry PI? Or do you do it from the PI? Please help, I'm about to fly this thing against the wall. It's been so hard trying to get a VPN on Libreelec.

• How do you get these links on the SD card then back to rasberry PI? Or do you do it from the PI? Please help, I'm about to fly this thing against the wall. It's been so hard trying to get a VPN on Libreelec.

There you go, if still necessary
    OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - VPN Manager for OpenVPN (46/63)

But be aware of this possible security issue if using vpn services on LibreELEC and if you aren't familiar with VPN and Iptables: OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Massive security issue:certain VPN providers on OE (1/1)

• What;s your take on using kodi addons with Amazon Fire TV stick? I have had my new Fire TV stick for a week now and it is being great. Now, i want to use Kodi and of course some third-party addons. Any suggestion related to the do's and dont's while using Kodi?

• What;s your take on using kodi addons with Amazon Fire TV stick? I have had my new Fire TV stick for a week now and it is being great. Now, i want to use Kodi and of course some third-party addons. Any suggestion related to the do's and dont's while using Kodi?

What NOT to do is ask for help with 3rd party addons, that are used to watch illegal or pirated media

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Beelink MiniMKIII (CoreELEC)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)