Posts by gr00vy69

Nextpvr is now available as a docker and can be installed within a running libreelec install

it was surprising easy, sets up extremely intuitive, full integration with schedules direct and just works - much easier to setup than TVheadend

installed on a NUC with quantity 2 HDhomeruns (4 tuners in total), ;) EPG from schedules direct - libreelec 9.2.6

the only variant is that i coded my recording to my 2 tb usb seagate HDD plugged into my NUC for the recordings

instructions as follows:

Install Docker addon from repository for libreelec

after connect your device with putty

For LibreELEC , each command is separate & enter

Code:

docker image pull nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64

Code:

mkdir /storage/nextpvr

Code:

mkdir /storage/nextpvr/livetv

Code:

docker run -d \

Code:

--name=nextpvr \

Code:

--restart unless-stopped \

Code:

--volume /storage/nextpvr/config:/config \

Code:

--volume /var/media/seagate/pvr:/recordings \

Code:

--volume /storage/nextpvr/livetv:/buffer \

Code:

--publish 8866:8866 \

Code:

nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64:latest

once installed use your web - browser to access the Nextpvr web set up

the ip address:8866

login: admin

password: password

here is the list of tested media for reference:

XXXX -4K.UHD.HFR.60fps.FLAC.WEBDL.2160p.X264_ZMachine.mkv

YYYY-1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1.mkv

ZZZZ- 1080p bluray-ATMOS 7.1.m2ts

AAAA-4k -UHD -2160p-ATMOS 7.1 .mkv

BBBB-1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-MA.7.1-FGT.mkv

CCCC-.DTS.HD.MA-VISIONPLUSHDR1000.mp4

DDDD-4K24p_HEVC_10Mbits.mkv

EEEE-4K.HDR.10bit.BT2020.Dolby.True.HD.Atmos-VISIONPLUSHDR1000.mp4

FFFF-1080p.BluRay.x264.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-HDC.mkv

I can report it works like it should, simply perfect.

Tested all, including ac3, dts, dts hd / ma, opus 7.1, 2.0... latest firmware from few days ago, I have the i5 kaby nuc.

But any how, im not able to install any addon like tvheadend in 8.2. Maybe a temporary repo issue?

Ideas?

Hi - have installed the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171205 version on a NUC7I5BNH

passthrough works perfectly with ,my DENON receiver

ATMOS / DTS-HDMA / DTS AC3

tested a variety of sources

great work - thanks

-asus chromebox now running the latest 8.01 krypton with 4.2 tv headend and the great addon for schedules direct by edit4ever !

-have been trying to integrate / setup the comskip features from:

GitHub - Helly1206/comskipper: This program can skip commercials while still recording. It's a wrapper over the original comskip software.

and /or

GitHub - erikkaashoek/Comskip: A free commercial detector

- was wondering if anyone was successful with such a feature addition or even if a prepacked addon was available ?

Update:

tried to just update my existing Legacy seabios firmware - in order to run krypton 8.01 - no luck the same issue

next tried to update the firmware but this time the full UEFI version.

it updated successfully but told me i had to install a new OS -prepped a new Libreelec install disc - presto all worked great.

must say the Libreelec 8.01 krypton boots fast / works great.

:)

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I'm experiencing the same while trying to do a fresh install of 8.0.1, after the update keeps getting me the blank scree + pointer.

i had similar issue.

stand alone install of libreelec 16.1 Jarvis ( libreelec 7.0.3)

tried to update via a new tar for 8.0.1 .. blank screen with cursor ..

to access the firmware update script - you need to run a linux live - USB stick and then run from the terminal in Linux live- in what ever Linux live variant you are using - Ubuntu in your case

you will have to have a usb keyboard plugged into the chromebox - select reboot in kodi and just before the reboot - hold the esc key until you access the boot menu. It does switch very fast - took me a couple tries

select the usb stick which has your linux live - which should be listed as a boot option. Of note if did you not see my USB stick listed which has your linux live on it try a different USB stick - i had that issue as well.

hope this helps

Thank you very much for your help.

It was indeed dodgy firmware which has now been updated and I'm now running the latest and greatest version of LE without issue.

Hi

am in the same boat , tried to update to LE8.01 today - with no luck - the first boot hung on the black screen with just the mouse pointer

was able to build a linux live usb stick (debian) - entered terminal - followed these instructions:

To download and run this script, from a terminal/shell type:

cd; curl -L -O firmware-util.sh && sudo bash firmware-util.sh
    and press enter. (copy/paste to avoid typos - the 2nd curl parameter is a capital O, not a zero)

the question is >>>

did you install the full UEFI firmware ? or did you update legacy ?

if you installed the the UEFI firmware - were you able the then boot the chromebox with the update to LE8.01 Krypton and your configuration was there ?

or do you have to start from a fresh install of LE

look forward to your reply

:huh:

At the moment there are no people in the LE team with the time (and perhaps also skill set) to create a separate and specialized config addon for setting up connections via OpenVPN. Should someone be willing to step up and create such an addon, we are more than happy to review their PRs.

Without such an addon, it would be pointless creating our own documentation when there is already a very detailed manual on the website URL you have been given.

was able to use the VPN manager addon

Release 1.4.0: Added WiTopia, User Defined filtering changes, better addon filter ma… · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager · GitHub

it was very intuitive to set up.

works excellent

hope this is able to helps others

I just came across this sd2xmltv project at github...I compiled the addon for Kodi...installed as instructed and voila! The addon generated an xmltv file from Schedules Direct for me. Of course, this will require having a SD account - but now you can pull the EPG info on the same system you're running LE on!

Here is the github link: GitHub - astrilchuk/sd2xmltv: A Schedules Direct to xmltv converter

Not sure why this hasn't been submitted to the kodi repo - but something worth getting added to the LE repo? I've submitted a note to the author as he mentiond that he was still working on the project and was going to enable icon information in the xmltv file.

If there are any questions on how I enable - let me know!

Brilliant

thank you for pasing this on

I defintely 2nd this for addition to the LE repo !