Booting Ubuntu from USB on Chromebox

• I have Libreelec installed on my Chromebox in a standalone set up.

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware to see if it resolves my problem with upgrading to LE 8.1.

I've created my boot USB but when I insert the drive and switch on my Chromebox it just boots into Kodi.

Anybody know how I boot from the USB?

Thanks

• Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I'm experiencing the same while trying to do a fresh install of 8.0.1, after the update keeps getting me the blank scree + pointer.

• Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I'm experiencing the same while trying to do a fresh install of 8.0.1, after the update keeps getting me the blank scree + pointer.

i had similar issue.

stand alone install of libreelec 16.1 Jarvis ( libreelec 7.0.3)

tried to update via a new tar for 8.0.1 .. blank screen with cursor ..

to access the firmware update script - you need to run a linux live - USB stick and then run from the terminal in Linux live- in what ever Linux live variant you are using - Ubuntu in your case

you will have to have a usb keyboard plugged into the chromebox - select reboot in kodi and just before the reboot - hold the esc key until you access the boot menu. It does switch very fast - took me a couple tries

select the usb stick which has your linux live - which should be listed as a boot option. Of note if did you not see my USB stick listed which has your linux live on it try a different USB stick - i had that issue as well.

hope this helps