Posts by Loggio

Hi,

Can't resize "VideoWindow" in kodi on RPi3 latest Libreelec build.

Example: install pellucid skin in kodi, playback a video, push "back" to exit fullscreen video. Video window is minimised to the top right corner, but the video does not resize. It stays fullscreen.

I'm sure this has been covered and probably has to do with video player limitations not being able to adjust video window size.

Just looking for explanation.

Hi guys,

I'm running TVheadend server on my Pi and I've just noticed my NAS drive was running low on storage, then I saw that the timeshift buffer folder had grown to over 200GB, it seems that the buffer files are unable to delete themselves after writing to the mounted folder...

Can someone explain to me why the timeshift buffer folders do not delete after I stop a stream from a mounted CIFS share?

I've mounted my NAS livetv folder locally using the following

mount -t cifs -o username=guest,password=,rw,vers=1.0 //10.0.0.****** /storage/livetv

which works fine, however the buffer files created by timeshift are not deleting.... and if I try to delete these via ssh " rm -r /storage/livetv/timeshift/buffer" I get "permission denied" errors

Recordings are also recorded to the same CIFS share folder, but i'm able to delete them just fine.

Surely i'm missing something obvious here...

I had a bit of a play with this and found the fix.

if anyone would like to enable suspend for USB installs simply ssh and type:
    echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_async

or manually:

cd /sys/power
    nano pm_async

remove 0 and replace with 1
    press control x to save.

Make sure to backup your system incase you run into corruption... I never have in the past suspending from USB, but never the less some people have reported this happening.

Hi folks,

I see in the wiki that suspend is disabled for installations on USB.

Back in the day on Openelec you were able to enable it again by deleting
    .suspend_disabled from /storage/.config/

But I see that solution won't work here on Libreelec as that file doesn't exist.

Is there a way to enable this?

I'm trying to repurpose my Mac Mini but don't want to wipe the hard drive, I'm using refit to boot from USB which has always worked fine, but I can't suspend/resume anymore and I really want this activated.

I've always done this in the past and have never had any corruptions occur so I'm a little unsure as to why this cannot be done.

If I hit "suspend" in kodi at the moment, the mac mini will go to sleep, but when I wake it with the keyboard I get a blank screen... No ssh etc.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Loggio.

Hi this has probably been brought up before but I simply don't have time to read up on the forum. So apologies in advance if I upset anyone.

In the addon settings, changing "initial volume" does not accurately set the volume in ASAP itself.

Changing the settings to 90% actually changes the volume to 65% in alsa as seen in the image below

hi awiouy,

i've been using this for a while now and absolutely love it, so thakns very much for putting this together for the community!
    However, there is one small problem...

My Raspbery Pi Kodi audio settings are set to "Audio output device - PI:HDMI and Analogue"
    This is so that when i am listening to music, sometimes i switch off the TV and swith the amplifier over to AUX input which is connected from the headphone jack on the Pi to the AUX input on my amplifier. The reason i have to do it this way is because my amplifier does not carry video signal, so i'm forced to use the TV's optical out but the TV has to be on for the optical out to work, hence the reason i have an audio singal coming straight from the headphonen jack aswell.

I can set your sevice to use Headphone jack, HDMI or auto detect but not BOTH. Not sure what Auto Detect is suppose to do as it always just seems to play from HDMI.
    Are you able to have a setting for both?

Cheers,
    keep up the good work.

Loggio.

Hello Loggio,

I am sorry to read that it is not working for you, and glad you could find a solution.
    I could maybe help you fix the problem if you provide me with more details.

Would you please be so kind to uninstall the addon and then reinstall it from the repository.
    Then check the bit rate in the settings: it should be blank, 90, 160 or 320, but not 30005.
    If the addon from the repository still does not work, could you please send me a log, edited to remove userid and password, by private mail.
    To produce a log in the downloads folder, type the following command at the console:

Code
    journalctl -u service.spotify-connect-web > /storage/downloads/scw.log

Thank you in advance

Working now, It was indeed set to 30005. Set to 320 works fine now.

Also, if this addon requires docker, then it should be downloaded as a dependencey for this addon.

Thanks!

Awesomeness

Sorry this is not working...

8.0.90 worked fine... Ever since the submission to libreelec repo, the addon updated to 8.0.100 and now I cannot see the device available from my iPhone spotify app.

If I revert back to 8.0.90 then it works perfectly again.

RPi 3 - latest Milhouse nightlies
    Iphone - ios 9.3.3

Cheers,
    Loggio.

Working a treat!

Hopefully the Libreelec team see the value in this and add it to their repo, finally an alternative to using airplay from my iPhone.

Awesome work,

Thanks

Loggio.

Documentation

All the OpenVPN documentation you need.

Thanks... But obviously that goes without saying...

Or perhaps not?

I'm talking about libreelec documentation, wiki etc.

Libreelec/openelec are designed to be a quick 'out of the box' experience, so to speak.

And my point, more or less, was in regards to a config addon that will make things a whole lot more 'user friendly' in this regard.

Hi all,

I know libreelec now comes with openvpn built in. There seems to be little to no information available on how to get it working, other than a few random posts floating around the forums.

Can we get an 'OpenVPN' configuration addon in the libreelec official repo?

Lrusak's openvpn for openelec is absolutely perfect. To get it to work on libreelec you have to alter a few lines of code in the .py script to point it to libreelec directories etc...

This addon is great because it allows you to check your ip info and toggle vpn on/off using keymaps. I feel it's a must to be able to check your ip to see if openvpn is actually working. This addon simply uses 'curl ipinfo.io' and displays the info in a dialog when triggered in kodi.

There seems to be a few other addons floating around, but they don't seem to offer a simple way to check your ip without having to launch the addon and clicking a button

If we could get this added to the official repo it would be great. Along with some official documentation on how to easily configure openvpn.

Or perhaps even add this into the libreelec settings addon?

Cheers,
    Loggio.

We tried to do a "Wingardium Leviosar" spell, but details of your computer are still not fully clear.
    So please upload a kodi.log file, and inform us of any other hardware that might by in your PC.

Sorry,
    I've cracked it and reverted back to Libreelec stable.
    There were just too many things not working right.
    I can't update any Libreelec settings as the save button doesn't exist in the addon.
    Suspend not working
    getting random freezes.

Normally I'd be more than happy to run bleeding edge stuff and report on bugs but this just made my system too unstable to use.

Hopefully someone else is experiencing this and can help out with a .log file

Libreelec 7.90.001 Alpha

I've just done a fresh install onto internal HDD of my computer using Generic Build of latest BETA
    the computer will not "Suspend"
    it just goes to a black screen with a "-" flashing away.

I read somewhere in the install notes that if you install to a USB thumb drive that you cannot suspend the system

However, i've installed directly to the HDD.

Is this fixable?

Cheers,
    Loggio.

Hi,

as the title suggests, i cannot use TVHeadend 4.2 , it will not detect my adapter.
    My adapter is a HDhomerun.

the "adapters" page seems faulty.
    when i click on adapters it doesn't bring down a drop list.
    The tuner is detected in:
    addon_data\service.tvheadend42\input\tvhdhomerun\adapters\84fd31dbe49f543d68665546a88c2e65

but does not display in tvheadend 4.2

If i install tvheadend 4.0 it works as usual

I'm not really sure about cacheindvdplayer. There hasn't been any mention of it being required on OSMC which is using the same Kodi tree.
    I don't have a PVR setup, and the cacheindvdplayer is gone in master.

Can anyone using PVR report if setting "<cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>" makes live TV better/worse/same?

All I can tell you is that without it, kodi shows artefacts and frequently buffers when changing channels using omx. Setting it to false immediately fixed the issue for me.