Spotify Connect Web

• whats the reason this is only for rpi at the moment? any hope of other platforms?

I know upstream only has rpi2/3 but anyone know their reason? is it based on any closed sourced thing spotify onced released or?

Edited once, last by marantz (September 20, 2016 at 7:33 PM).

• Here is a preview of release 104 of the addon for LE7 on WeTek Play.

Please report if it makes or breaks.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it breakes :(

1) Kodi needs to use other audio in order to hear anything through the add-on
    2) Sound still scratches
    3) Port 4000 just shows "Loading..." (OK, that is not really an issue but still worth mentioning)

Do you need any logfiles or something?

Edited once, last by luup (September 27, 2016 at 8:19 AM).

• Hi,

Great addon!
    Works nicely, only thing is the volume control is moving from louder to loud when adjusting the volume slider in the Spotify Client (e.g. via port 4000 or mobile phone). Sound in Kodi moves from off/muted/0% to 100%.

I'm using a Hifiberry, could that be the reason?

On the Hifiberry site I found this thread:
    201863051-hifiberry-digi-spotify-connect
    The last reply says:
    In console_callbacks.py I changed the volume setting in playback_volume function definition to mixer.setvolume(0 if volume == 0 else int(round(19.5 * log(volume)-116)))

How can I modify that file in LibreElec?

Thanks,
    Robert

• Hi this has probably been brought up before but I simply don't have time to read up on the forum. So apologies in advance if I upset anyone.

In the addon settings, changing "initial volume" does not accurately set the volume in ASAP itself.

Changing the settings to 90% actually changes the volume to 65% in alsa as seen in the image below

• Hey there,

very nice addon.
    Is there a way to use it with a phatDAC on my Raspberry Pi 2 ? It uses the same device-tree-overlay as the hifiberry-dac and the configuration wizard recognizes the card as 'sndrpihifiberry'.
    Kodi detects the card and uses it for sound output with no problem. The addon however fails.
    If you need special error-messages or log-files, let me know!

fuenfzigccm

• Hey there,

very nice addon.
    Is there a way to use it with a phatDAC on my Raspberry Pi 2 ? It uses the same device-tree-overlay as the hifiberry-dac and the configuration wizard recognizes the card as 'sndrpihifiberry'.
    Kodi detects the card and uses it for sound output with no problem. The addon however fails.
    If you need special error-messages or log-files, let me know!

fuenfzigccm

Hello 50ccm,

I am not sure that Kodi and the addon can share the phatDAC.
    A log would be useful
    [hr]

Hi this has probably been brought up before but I simply don't have time to read up on the forum. So apologies in advance if I upset anyone.

In the addon settings, changing "initial volume" does not accurately set the volume in ASAP itself.

Changing the settings to 90% actually changes the volume to 65% in alsa as seen in the image below

Hello Loggio,

This issue appears to lie with spotify-connect-web and/or the hardware, see here and here.
    [hr]

Hello Robert,

console_callbacks.py lives somewhere in the /storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web/ folder.
    You can update it there, and restart the addon to pick up your changes
    [hr]

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it breakes :(

1) Kodi needs to use other audio in order to hear anything through the add-on
    2) Sound still scratches
    3) Port 4000 just shows "Loading..." (OK, that is not really an issue but still worth mentioning)

Do you need any logfiles or something?

Thank you for your feedback.
    I am having a look at the web server issue.
    Assessing WeTeK issues without WeTek hardware will be very complicated for me :(

• Thank you for your feedback.
    I am having a look at the web server issue.
    Assessing WeTeK issues without WeTek hardware will be very complicated for me :(

Thx. for your reply. Sure, I understand that this is complicated. Do you have any advice where I should start searching, i.e. log-files or tweaking some settings?

• Just tried this addon on my RPi2. Absolutely great :) Thank you very much!

Do you happen to know whether it will be possible somehow to integrate this addon as some kind of music player? I mean.. that it displays the cover and the controls (which I can see in Webinterface IP:4000) in LibreELEC GUI? So that perhaps even music visualization would be possible, just like as if it is with the kodi music player?

Also I tested it with Yatse remote, and here it's the same: Media controls are not visible, so Yatse and Kodi doesn't seem to notice that music is running actually.

This is not some kind of demand ;). Just want to know if it is/will be possible in the future :).

Also... On my Odroid C2 it is not working, although the Odroid C2 has similar hardware as the Wetek Core/Play. I tried it with this preview release: LibreELEC

Anyways, thank you very much for bringing spotify finally to kodi :)

• So I got the spotify_appkey.key and copied it to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web then I selected the right ALSA. I am on RPi 2, rebooted it. Nothing happens on port 4000, also it does not show up between devices. What did I miss?

• Hey Awiouy

I'm trying and failing to get this working with my Raspberry Pi 3 + libreelec + kodi

I installed addon using repo but 'Run' option greyed out. I assume because ALSA is not selected? ALSA means nothing to me and there isn't one for me to select

I also tried running the script via SSH and got the following

I'm trying to connect via my premium spotify account from my phone to raspberry pi running libreelec with kodi

Please do let me know what I have done wrong

Cheers

• Thanks for the quick reply.

Configure wizard shows "could not find a playback device" if this is an obvious problem which I should know then I do apologies

Here is the journalctl output
    Oct 27 20:48:01 olaaaaaaaaaaa systemd[1]: Started spotify-connect-web.
    Oct 27 20:48:01 olaaaaaaaaaaa sh[2479]: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web/bin/spotify-connect-web.start: line 51: dtparam: not found
    Oct 27 20:48:02 olaaaaaaaaaaa sh[2479]: Playback device not set
    [hr]
    OK I found a sound blaster USB soundcard, which I connected and can see via aplay -l

Code
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 1: S51 [SB Omni Surround 5.1], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: S51 [SB Omni Surround 5.1], device 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
    card 1: S51 [SB Omni Surround 5.1], device 2: USB Audio [USB Audio #2]

I then selected the first option in the wizard, but little notification shows "add-on error"

I check the kodi.log

Code
    21:18:06 40565.976562 T:1574949792   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                 - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                Error Type: <class 'alsaaudio.ALSAAudioError'>
                                                Error Contents: No such file or directory [hw:0]
                                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web/wizard.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                    mixers = [mixer for mixer in alsa.mixers(cardindex=cardx, device=device)
                                                ALSAAudioError: No such file or directory [hw:0]
                                                -->End of Python script error report<--

Edited once, last by HelpMeSpotify (October 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM).