Posts by hoppy

I tried to add the service.thoradia.9.2.0.23.zip repo to CoreELEC 19 it has a python issue, then I was able to install service.thoradia-9.80.6.25.zip but it says could not connect to repository (yes, I restarted everything).

I need your input to solve issues in your specific configuration.

It is the same as above, but here is collected:

I have RPi 2 with LE7, I installed add-on using repo, but 'Run' option greyed out. As I select an ALSA entry, I receive a pop-up Add-on error. Nothing mentionable in journalctl though. In kodi.log I have this:

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'alsaaudio.ALSAAudioError'>
    Error Contents: No such file or directory [hw:0]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web/wizard.py", line 42, in <module>
    mixers = [mixer for mixer in alsa.mixers(cardindex=cardx, device=device)
    ALSAAudioError: No such file or directory [hw:0]

I have an USB sound card, which works fine as Kodi output, aplay -L gives entries like:

default:CARD=Device
    USB Sound Device, USB Audio
    Default Audio Device

amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory

Is there a way to use this USB sound card with the add-on? Many thanks for the help!

Not sure what the solution was, I lost track...

But I am not certain that Kodi and Spotify can share that device. You would maybe check this first ;)

I am referring to @HelpMeSpotify's comments just a above. I was citing his solution "modprobe snd-bcm2835" which I guess is enabling RPi's integrated Broadcom sound chip's driver.

awiouy, you are the developer, so I am asking you :) is it by design that your add-on cannot handle USB sound cards?

[hr]
    ok I got it working now with

modprobe snd-bcm2835

do I whack this in config.txt so it happens after reboot?

I had exactly the same problem, same errors, same log entries, etc. (After update, previously I was able to select them, but the add-on was still not working.) I have an USB card which works fine as Kodi audio output, so I don't want to change it to onboard audio. What was this solution above?

So I got the spotify_appkey.key and copied it to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.spotify-connect-web then I selected the right ALSA. I am on RPi 2, rebooted it. Nothing happens on port 4000, also it does not show up between devices. What did I miss?