VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hmmm, the problem is not what I thought it was.
    What's in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/Downloads/PureVPN/ ?

And what's in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ ?

• Thanks for the cmd string, I would never have guessed that one :s Entered it through putty. Not 100% sure if I did it the right way. Copy of log attached.

I am away for a couple of weeks making it difficult to try any other diagnostics. If you don't mind can we pick up the thread when I return?

Thanks again for your time

The command needs to be entered on a single line as shown exactly after you've tried to connect. Right now it just looks like it can't find the ovpn and then it has a hissy fit at some randomness typed on the end. When you get it to work, the output will be in /run/openvpn.log

Edited once, last by zomboided (April 16, 2017 at 10:02 AM).

• Hmmm, the problem is not what I thought it was.
    What's in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/Downloads/PureVPN/ ?

And what's in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ ?

Under /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager there is nothing but a settings.xml file. There is no Downloads folder.

Under /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN there are three files: GENERATED.txt (which is empty), TRANSLATE.txt (which is also empty), and my pass.txt (which has my username and password for PureVPN.

Sounds like I should wipe the whole lot and start from scratch?

• What version did you start from?

Go to settings/utilities, clear downloads, clear vpn provider files. Turn on settings/debug and start the connect. If it fails, log and tell me what's in the two directories I mentioned.

• First thx for the addon! Got no problem when using it with the osmc os.
    Now I am using a RasPi3 and fresh Installed libreelec 8 did everything as usual but I can't connect to perfect privacy.
    In the log file it first say that the *.key and pass.txt file is group accessible then gives me an tls error with (please use IANA name) then the auth_failed.
    The *.ovpn files are also freshly downloaded userdata many times checked.. don't know how to fix it..

• A couple of bugs in 4.05 connecting to PIA.

I too have seen the "switch between location and server views" dialogue box instead of the box requesting user to choose between default or strong encryption. While likely not the preferable way of clearing, uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on cleared the issue.

When selecting primary VPN connection "Select first VPN Profile" dialogue box, previous versions listed just the city however this version listed the full address, ie instead of New York, us-newyorkcity.privateinternetaccess.com, etc

• What version did you start from?

Go to settings/utilities, clear downloads, clear vpn provider files. Turn on settings/debug and start the connect. If it fails, log and tell me what's in the two directories I mentioned.

I've had a few versions previously, but I think the last one that worked was 3.0. I might try that again later today, but I wonder if this is related to Libre Elec 8.0.1

It failed again, here's the log. kodi_17-04-17_10-26-03.log

Regarding the two directories, same as last time.

Under /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager there is nothing but a settings.xml file. There is no Downloads folder.

Under /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN there are three files: GENERATED.txt (which is empty), TRANSLATE.txt (which is also empty), and my pass.txt (which has my username and password for PureVPN.

Edited once, last by crashnz (April 17, 2017 at 12:32 AM).

• Does disabling indigo make any difference? After you have, do a settings/utilities/remove vpn provider files as before and also click settings/default and then reboot. If it doesn't make any difference I just need to know, I don't need a log.

• Does disabling indigo make any difference? After you have, do a settings/utilities/remove vpn provider files as before and also click settings/default and then reboot. If it doesn't make any difference I just need to know, I don't need a log.

I uninstalled Indigo and did as you suggested, but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.

• Ok, thanks. I need to get my environment into the same state as yours and see what happens, bit this will take a few days. Thanks for your help, getting lots, etc suggest you go with one of the pre 4.0 versions for now

• Ok, thanks. I need to get my environment into the same state as yours and see what happens, bit this will take a few days. Thanks for your help, getting lots, etc suggest you go with one of the pre 4.0 versions for now

Thanks. I'm back using 3.1.1 which is working fine, albeit with the full address (as 7up said above).

Appreciate your efforts with this.

• I got Kodi installed on my Amazon Fire TV and want it to use an OpenVPN to connect to the internet, while Amazon Prime videos should use the internet connection without kodi. Is there a way to change Kodi's network settings to ignore the system's (Fire TV's) internet connection and use an independent kodi vpn connection?

Edited once, last by willieaames (April 20, 2017 at 7:48 AM).

• Click the switch option and it'll go from the names to the server names.

Clicking the switch option has no effect, previously I used to get a list of NordVPN server locations but now all I get is two menu options "Switch" and "Cancel connection attempt"?

Regards,

Mark

• For everyone seeing the lack of connections following upgrade from a 3.x version, 4.0.6 hopefully fixes this. If you've already experienced the problem, you may need to install and then use Settings/Utilities/Reset VPN provider files to clean up the mess your install is in. This should be a one hit thing with future upgrades working fine.

Big thanks to crashnz for providing the debug I needed.

If you see this problem AFTER installing 4.0.6 and resetting the VPN provider files, then get a log with debug switched on as per the first post.

If you're having other VPN connection problems, move to 4.0.6 and reset the VPN provider files to ensure you're on the latest ovpn files. Then check the Trouble Shooting guide, because that's what I'm going to ask you to do next anyway.

Edited once, last by zomboided (April 17, 2017 at 9:01 PM).