Posts by crashnz

Ok, thanks. I need to get my environment into the same state as yours and see what happens, bit this will take a few days. Thanks for your help, getting lots, etc suggest you go with one of the pre 4.0 versions for now

Thanks. I'm back using 3.1.1 which is working fine, albeit with the full address (as 7up said above).

Appreciate your efforts with this.

Does disabling indigo make any difference? After you have, do a settings/utilities/remove vpn provider files as before and also click settings/default and then reboot. If it doesn't make any difference I just need to know, I don't need a log.

I uninstalled Indigo and did as you suggested, but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.

What version did you start from?

Go to settings/utilities, clear downloads, clear vpn provider files. Turn on settings/debug and start the connect. If it fails, log and tell me what's in the two directories I mentioned.

I've had a few versions previously, but I think the last one that worked was 3.0. I might try that again later today, but I wonder if this is related to Libre Elec 8.0.1

It failed again, here's the log. kodi_17-04-17_10-26-03.log

Regarding the two directories, same as last time.

Under /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager there is nothing but a settings.xml file. There is no Downloads folder.

Under /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN there are three files: GENERATED.txt (which is empty), TRANSLATE.txt (which is also empty), and my pass.txt (which has my username and password for PureVPN.

Hmmm, the problem is not what I thought it was.
    What's in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager/Downloads/PureVPN/ ?

And what's in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/ ?

Under /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager there is nothing but a settings.xml file. There is no Downloads folder.

Under /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN there are three files: GENERATED.txt (which is empty), TRANSLATE.txt (which is also empty), and my pass.txt (which has my username and password for PureVPN.

Sounds like I should wipe the whole lot and start from scratch?

Hi Zomboided

I'm using version version 4.0.5, but I'm still having the same problem when trying to choose my first vpn connection. A screen pops up asking me to "switch between location and server views", but it doesn't work, leaving me with "cancel connection attempt" as the only other option.

I've attached my log file.

Any advice appreciated. I had it working fine until one of the recent updates.

Thanks

kodi_17-04-16_15-53-37.log

Final update on this saga. First had to increase the size of the boot drive - [Solved/Howto] OpenELEC - "size check failed" error.

Then kept finding I was left with the black screen and mouse arrow after trying to update from openelec 7.0.1 to libreelec 8.0. That's when I found this: LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.0 RELEASE – LibreELEC

Namely: "Update: We have seen reports of boxes getting stuck on the Krypton splash screen after updating. Removing /storage/.kodi/userdata/Databases/Addons27.db manually allows Kodi to complete migration but add-ons will need to be re-enabled afterwards. The bug has been reported to Kodi. Auto-update will not be available until the issue is resolved. If you do not experience the issue when updating, do not delete the Addons27.db file!"

Having removed this file I was able to finally boot into libreelec 8.0 and kodi 17. Phew!

Hi all

First post here in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. I've made an apparently grave error in attempting this update. Upon rebooting I'm left with a black screen with only the mouse arrow showing. Obviously I immediately tried to revert back to Open Elec 6.0.3, only for the following message to appear when updating "Missing KERNEL or SYSTEM!".

So now I'm stuck. I'm assuming my Intel Nuc (Celeron 847) doesn't have the requisite video drivers or something to cope with this latest version, but how I can I go back? Where can I find older stable versions?

Any assistance appreciated, bearing in mind I'm a noob.

Cheers
    [hr]
    Hold the phone. Hopefully this will help me: thread-206.html
    [hr]
    Okay, I'm successfully back to OpenElec 6.0.3 after much faffing about.

For those interested, I think it was a matter of not having enough space on /storage. Using Chewitt's advice from thread-262.html, I was able to clear some space from the temp folder via SSH console.

I'm still interested to know what went wrong originally though.