Black/White list of device that works with Libreelec

• I want to help who want to bought devices with Libreelec, I bought a devices that not works because sci inc not release any driver of its wifi modules. I bought also an other devices that works perfectly. So I'm here to ask you if your device work, I will add your devices on list below.
    [hr]
    Works:

• T95X - blob: gxbb_p201

[hr]
    Not Works wifi:

• Leelbox Q1 master - blob: gxl_p212_1g - s9082c is unsupported

[hr]
    Not Works at all:

[hr]

• I would argue against such attempts to list "supported" or "working" devices. As you may have noticed, the cheaply produced tv boxes combine mainboard w/ SoC, memory and flash chips as well as peripherals on a "as available" basis. I have personally witnessed that even boxes from the same maker, sold by the same reseller, from the same delivery can and will have different components inside them. Not to mention that there are always makers who will make a "clone" product of any semi-successful box by someone else, sometimes even with a different SoC (quite a lot of RK3229 boxes on Ebay Germany have "S905" in their name or description in the attempt to mislead unaware buyers - RK3229 is only mentioned in the very small print at the end).

So any information about these oem boxes will always be out of date and misleading.

Edited once, last by mmpp (May 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM).

• I would argue against such attempts to list "supported" or "working" devices. As you may have noticed, the cheaply produced tv boxes combine mainboard w/ SoC, memory and flash chips as well as peripherals on a "as available" basis. I have personally witnessed that even boxes from the same maker, sold by the same reseller, from the same delivery can and will have different components inside them. Not to mention that there are always makers who will make a "clone" product of any semi-successful box by someone else, sometimes even with a different SoC (quite a lot of RK3229 boxes on Ebay Germany have "S905" in their name or description in the attempt to mislead unaware buyers - RK3229 is only mentioned in the very small print at the end).

So any information about these oem boxes will always be out of date and misleading.

Correct.

Plus this same topic thread using different wording has been started by another 2 naive members.

thread-1973-post-15836.html#pid15836
    thread-1982-post-15873.html#pid15873

Edited once, last by kostaman (May 16, 2017 at 2:55 PM).

• Correct.

Plus this same topic thread using different wording has been started by another 2 naive members.

thread-1973-post-15836.html#pid15836
    thread-1982-post-15873.html#pid15873

I don't consider myself naive in this regard yet I can see how a list could be useful if it was properly managed.
    Ultimately if there's no list, no discussion, no recommendations then it's just a lottery. I don't understand how that's better but hey-ho.

• Ultimately if there's no list, no discussion, no recommendations then it's just a lottery. I don't understand how that's better but hey-ho.

That's not true.

There is a set of officially supported devices with Amlogic Chipset, like Odroid or wetek devices.

About the list... no made sense at all as explained by mmpp

Maybe a list of wifi chipset not supported by the community build made more sense.

• That's not true.

There is a set of officially supported devices with Amlogic Chipset, like Odroid or wetek devices.

About the list... no made sense at all as explained by mmpp

Maybe a list of wifi chipset not supported by the community build made more sense.

Here's a thought. Nobody makes you read a list if you think it's worthless.

• Here's a thought. Nobody makes you read a list if you think it's worthless.

Here's another thought. How about starting a new thread.
    List of devices with issues using Libreelec
    It would update previous working Chinese Branded Boxes using Libreelec that
    have changed Hardware or Firmware causing issues with Libreelec.
    A member posting on this thread would make this a more up to date list on any box that changes compatability.

• Here's another thought. How about starting a new thread.
    List of devices with issues using Libreelec
    It would update previous working Chinese Branded Boxes using Libreelec that
    have changed Hardware or Firmware causing issues with Libreelec.
    A member posting on this thread would make this a more up to date list on any box that changes compatability.

If you think it's a good idea then go for it. I don't have any particular issues to talk about so it would be a bit odd for me to start it. And obviously if there are 'good' boxes out there (which I'd say there are) they'd never get a mention in that thread. So while such a thread would certainly be useful, it baffles me that you - and not just you - think me giving an overall impression of the boxes I use would be worthless. Because I'd certainly be interested in others' experiences next time around.

• I want to help who want to bought devices with Libreelec, I bought a devices that not works because sci inc not release any driver of its wifi modules. I bought also an other devices that works perfectly. So I'm here to ask you if your device work, I will add your devices on list below.
    [hr]
    Works:

• T95X - blob: gxbb_p201

[hr]

I am sorry, by T95X should use any of the gxl_xxxx blobs, as it is S905X. I tried gxbb_p201 and wifi does not works (it does not work with gxl either)....