LibreELEC for Minix NEO X8-H Plus?

• Hello all!

Can anybody tell me if there is a working version of LibreELEC for this model of Minix? I can't find nothing that works on this box. Also, is dualboot possible on this?
    If somebody can compile a ROM for this box, I can try them and reply back if is working or not. I'm sure that are many users with this box, waiting for a working ROM.
    So, any help from a ROM developer is appreciated! :)

• I'm sorry, but this box has an amlogic S812H processor with AP6335 WiFi chip. From all ROM'S I've tested, only some with nand installation worked, but without wifi, bluetooth working. Multiboot doesn't work either. Also, I can't install any addons in Kodi. I need a ROM version compiled for this specific type of processor.

• I've taken a bit of old @surkovalex and mixed in a bit of current kszaq and come up with this LE 8.0.2 Kodi 17.2RC1 image for the MINIX X8H+

LibreELEC-Minix_X8Hp.arm-8.0.2.img.gz

Hopefully WiFi should work properly. The IR remote should work out of the box.
    Dual boot may work.

Image Flash Instructions:

• Burn the downloaded file to SD card or USB drive using Rufus. Alternatively you can use LE tool but remember that you have to download the image manually: Installation - LibreELEC

Power Up Instructions - first Boot:

• Unplug the X8H+
    • Insert microSDHC card
    • Plug it back in
    • Hold the reset button in with a paper-clip / toothpick while pressing the Power button
    • (Reset button is found in a hole in the bottom of the case.)

You may only have to hold down the reset/power button till the green Robot appears.

I have no X8H+ to test with however.

W.

• Thanks!

I've tried in my Minix X8H-Plus but it doesn't boot. I actually have installed android 5.1.1 from MXIII-Plus Rom. I've followed your instructions, but it stucks in minix logo.
    I can boot other Libreelec image from this forum, (like de Demetris' rom designed for MXIII Rom).

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited once, last by atomizasser (May 7, 2017 at 7:45 AM).

• Thanks!

I've tried in my Minix X8H-Plus but it doesn't boot. I actually have installed android 5.1.1 from MXIII-Plus Rom. I've followed your instructions, but it stucks in minix logo.
    I can boot other Libreelec image from this forum, (like de Demetris' rom designed for MXIII Rom).

Am I doing something wrong?

would you be able to provide the link for the mx3 plus rom you used to load android 5.1.1 to your x8h-plus?

• Official Post

I've taken a bit of old @surkovalex and mixed in a bit of current kszaq and come up with this LE 8.0.2 Kodi 17.2RC1 image for the MINIX X8H+

Hi. I have a suggestion, why the image does not start. I can see several files that were used for Assembly ?