Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• I will test this hopefully tonight. ES should look for roms inside /storage/roms/<system>

Ah yes, That last bit is me being tired - moved them all manually via IP yet didn't drop them in to folder names per core.

All files dumped in "Roms" root aren't supposed to detect...

Confirmed partially my error. Samba share working OK after laptop reboot. Had to add "Roms" share in the samba.conf file.

Roms/bios copied - detected fine and tested - Dreamcast and PSX. Calling it a night yet shall setup and test Kodi tomorrow after work.

I've not had scraping work on 1.6.5 or 1.7. Should this work or can it be added?

Edited once, last by Quidgebo (September 15, 2017 at 1:01 AM).

• Ah yes, That last bit is me being tired - moved them all manually via IP yet didn't drop them in to folder names per core.

Confirmed partially my error. Samba share working OK after laptop reboot. Had to add "Roms" share in the samba.conf file.

Roms/bios copied - detected fine and tested - Dreamcast and PSX. Calling it a night yet shall setup and test Kodi tomorrow after work.

I've not had scraping work on 1.6.5 or 1.7. Should this work or can it be added?

The Gamedb is down for now, so scraper is not working these days.

• Ah yes, That last bit is me being tired - moved them all manually via IP yet didn't drop them in to folder names per core.

Scraping, as SumavisionQ5 mentions, is currently down, it is probably gone for good, and it was never that good if you had more than 20 ROMS or so. So its better to just get them from other places, or get a pack that has them all included already.

• I installed 1.7 over 1.6.5 (nexbox a95x internal).

I haven't fully tested yet but the install was smooth and booted without any issues I could see.

I noticed the dark UI until a video is played bug was solved. :)

:thumbup:

• I haven't fully tested yet but the install was smooth and booted without any issues I could see.

I've found my first issue that I believe is rooted in this build. I am getting an error in an addon that uses libssl. It appears that going from LibreELEC 8.0 to 8.2 there was a change from LibreSSL to OpenSSL.

The addon appears to take this into account but thinks that it is running on LibreELEC 8.0 instead of 8.2. I compared the contents of http://LibreELEC.tv/config/version from your repo and kszaq's repo. His is updated to reflect 8.2, your file still reflects 8.0/8.1. I think this is causing the mix-up with the addon.

kszaq version:

Code
    # VERSION: set full version, use "devel" for development version
      LIBREELEC_VERSION="devel"

# OS_VERSION: OS Version
      OS_VERSION="8.2"

# ADDON_VERSION: Addon version
      ADDON_VERSION="8.2"

niabi version:

Code
    # VERSION: set full version, use "devel" for development version
      LIBREELEC_VERSION="devel"

# OS_VERSION: OS Version
      OS_VERSION="8.0"

# ADDON_VERSION: Addon version
      ADDON_VERSION="8.1"

EDIT: After posting this, I played around with the version requirements of the addon (I changed the required version from 8.2 to 8.0), and then installed it manually from a zip file. It now functions OK but the root cause is definitely tied to your build not reflecting the updated version.

Edited once, last by jaykass (September 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM).

• Hello,

I have a bluetooth gamepad, in kodi all work well similar to mouse, but in emulationstation is recognized like keyboard, so the pads dont function, only buttons.

Any workaround?

Thanks

• niabi - Did Amiga FS-UAE/UAE4ARM get removed after v1.4? I can only see an C64 core in 1.65 and 1.7.

I've looked at the new Lakka 2.1 RC3 build which now adds them along with Dolphin... getting very exciting.

• gamepad integration/configuration is a big mess. I tried 4 different pads that all work in kodi - I get only one to work with retroarch. hours wasted editing config files... sh|t is just broken...

well - not your fault, Thank`s for your work. I`ll check again in a year or so... ;)

edit: did not want to sound harsh :/ - guess I did. Sorry for that.

Edited once, last by puked (September 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM).

• i am using a K3 Box,Amlogic 905, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, GB Ethernet - cant get this image to work. After first boot, the Screen is flickering, cant read anything. If i press ok, Kodi comes up, but the GUI-Sounds only scramble, anything else seems to work, tested not yet.

Does the Image work for this Box or am i wrong? Is there another Image with Kodi ans Emulators out there?

Yes, i am using the correct DTB for this Box. ;)

Pony

• i am using a K3 Box,Amlogic 905, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, GB Ethernet - cant get this image to work. After first boot, the Screen is flickering, cant read anything. If i press ok, Kodi comes up, but the GUI-Sounds only scramble, anything else seems to work, tested not yet.

Does the Image work for this Box or am i wrong? Is there another Image with Kodi ans Emulators out there?

Yes, i am using the correct DTB for this Box. ;)

Pony

1.Set your resolution to 1080p under Android.

2.Set Audio to HDMI under KODI.

That would solve your problem. It is working for your box, or else you would not pass the splash screen.

• ok, i will do so. How can i migrate all Kodi Settings (from another SD Card) into the "new" System? All Addons, Skin, Settings? I dont want to overwrite wrong things, maybe the emulation station wont work after that?

//Update: broken Filesystem seems to be solved. But: if it comes up, it says "we can't find any systems" - copied before a ROM into Rom-Folder.

How to solve?

Edited once, last by Pony (September 30, 2017 at 10:26 PM).